HAL Latest Placement Papers-Lucknow
I.The players G,H,J,K,L,M,N,O are to be felicitated of representing the county team in Baseball Out of these H,M,O also are in the Football team and K,N are there in the Basket ball team . These players are to be seated on a table and no two players who have represented the county in more than one game are to sit together.
1.Which one of the orders can they be seated in
2. Which of the orders is not possible
3. If N is seated in the middle then which of the following pairs
cannot be seated near him .
4. If M is seated then which of the following pairs can be
seated next to him.
Choices are given for all the questions
II There are 2 groups named Brown and red. They can't marry in the same group. If the husband or wife dies then the person will convert to their own group. If a person is married then the husband will have to change his group to his wife's group. The child will own the mothers group. From these a set of 4 questions were given .Solve them
1.Brown's daughter is red (False)
2. If a person is red. Then his/her mother's brother belong to which
group if he is married (Brown)
III 7 people “ a,b,c,d,e,f,g Need to make a seating arrangement for them.
1)A should be at the center
2) B,F should be at the right extreme
3)C,E always in pair
4)D,G as far as possible
Questions from the above were asked?
Eg: Which of the following pairs were not possible?
Others questions were similar to the above. More questions were from Barrons.
For all the questions they expect a elaborate answer with justifications and not a short one.
1) Market urself
2) Why HAL ?
3) Will u switch over to any other company after joining HAL? If NO
4) R u mobile? ( R u ready to go anywhere ?)
5) R u ready to go to places of extreme temperature. If yes what do
u think of ur safety?
6) What are the requirements for leadership quality ?
7) Why u switch over to s/w from ur own back ground?
8) What are the qualities required for a s/w engineer and Project
9) Rate ur good qualities?
10) What is the difference between hard and smart work?
11) Do u have a plan of doing higher studies ?
Technical Questions :
The questions were different for different persons and depends on the field of interest that u say.
1) OSI Layers in n/w with the functionalities
2) TCP/IP protocol
3) Bridges, Routers, LAN, WAN, MAN
4) Token bus, FDDI, Ethernet
C Language :
1) Datastructures esp :Linked list and trees
2) Structures , unions, Kind of variables ( local ,Global)
3) Strrev( ) program
4) Case structure (it is not the usual switch case stat)
6) Divide 2 number and print the o/p ( NOTE: Check for divide by zero error)
Like this ?