Written test: online test of arround 2:30 hrs
there were two sections first one is apptitude section and second one is technical
there will be sectional cutoff in both of the section...each sections have 3-3 sub sections but they havn't individual cut off..
in technical section the three sub section was
i)c (it's on u'r choice u can choose java too)
ii)sql & dbms
iii)unix(in it some part of os too).
in apptitude section the three subsection was
ii)simple apptitude n small puzzles
I) C section 25 min 20 ques
case 1: printf("case 1");
case (2) : printf("default");
what will be output??
ans:it will be error since case(2) is not allowed
3) u have to store data on the system which command is used .....(a)fread (b)fwrite (c)read (d)write
In c questions were mainly related with pointers(arround 5-6 questions), 2 questions from command line argument, 1 questions related to size of structure, 2 on string pointer, 1 on preprocessor, 1 on bitwise operator,1 on just declare, the node of link list, 1 on tree whose inorder and preorder is given., 1 on continue..
II) Sql section 15 min 10 ques
i) what is data dictionary ..........4 options were given
ii) what is view.......
iii) 2 questions were on transactions redo undo table was given
iv) given a table u have to find all those customer name and id which not belong to city california or messchustte or his name is jackson
v) one query related to delete operation for the given table
vi)one query related to having clause in which find the sum of money
III) Unix section 12 ques 15 min
i) what is output of cal j 2005
ii) 1 question on tee comand
iii)in which message passing is fast .....options are (a)pipe (b) message passing (c) message queue (d) memory sharing ans : d
iv)question on nice command that is how to change the priority
ans: change the priority of the process
v)context switching takes place....
a) kernel to user mode
b)user to user mode
c)kernel to kernel mode
d)one process to another process
vi)what is the difference between dbms and rdbms options were given
vii)u have a xwindow and u have to display clock on it then which command will be used??
viii) what is fork..... and: to create a new process
ix)2 shell script questions like one is for xxx "i am" "master of" unix echo xxx
what will be the output?? like this....
x)cp xxx.txt edu
what will it do
ans: copy file xxx to directory edu.
xi)question on chmod command ......... file attribute permission change
x)one question was which command does not create a new file ...............
xi)if the file permission is 100 who can acsess that file....ans: only super user if it is there in the option
I)Arithematic section 30 min 20 ques
1) some digits were given like 0 2 2 3 3 4 4 then how many no will be there which is greater than 1 lac ,all numbers are distinct there were 2 questions of this type.....
2) 4 qustions on venn diagram.... in a survey of 100 people 20 view only war movie,15 view only romantic movie ,10 view horror........bla bla bla..
3) there r 10 containers all closed and there r 10 people 1 st person open all containers 2 nd person changes the status of 2nd 4 th 6 th ...10 th containers that is close here.then 3 rd person again changes the status of 3rd 6 th 9th container similarly 10 th person changes only 10t h container then tell that status of 7th container will be changed how many times
IN arithematic section 3-4 problems related to permutation &combinations, 1 from probability,3 from percentage,2 from profit loss, 1 from pipe & cisterns,1 from compound interest...
II)Reasoning section: 20 min 15 ques
this section is very easy.....
1)to chooose which two are similar in the given pattern....this type of four questions
I) i) 123456.876543 ii)123456.876943 iii) 123456.876543
(a)i & ii (b) i & iii (c) ii & iii (d)all are similar
2)if * is changed to +, +is changed to - ,- is changed to / , /changed to* what is the value of .....
4 questions of this type
3) if 4 represent as $** and 3 represent as *$$
based on it there were 4 questions....like
i) what is the value of $$$** + $**$*
in similar way rest of 3 questions
4)one question was
a goes to party if b goes
b goes to party if c goes
c goes to party if d goes
total how many goes to party??
III)Comprehension section: 15 min 10 ques
in this section there were a long passage based on cryptographic tecnique.....on the behalf of that there were 10 questions like..
1) who provide the certificate
2)along with which hardware this is added...
3) where is security key retain
4) which algorith is used to generate a key.....something like that
After the written....there were two round of interview
I) TECH INTERVIEW
this round was also long arround 45-50 min
they asked to me
1) about educational background
2)i have mentioned a project in my resume so arround 15 min questions regarding to my project(if u have done any project and if u know all about u'r project then it will be advantageous for u).they asked.....
i)draw all front end window of project,
ii)what is the best features of your project,
iii)what was your role in project,
iv)how did u compromize at any critical situation in u'r project when all of you had different ideas,
v)have u insert any innovative idea in your project,
vi)how fetch data from data base....write query for that
vii)yor project is in which normal form??
3)then they came on c
i)how we provide dynamic memory allocation in c.....write, how declare melloc
ii)is there any difference between melloc and calloc
iii)write code for a function which work similar as strcat do...using pointer
iv) what is the use of '\o' in string,why we don't use in array,if we don't provide it instring declaration that what will hapen.
v)some times you run a c program in turbo c compiler ,the system crashes...why it happen??
4)after that they asked unix
i)simple questions on file permission,
ii)if given chmod 777 what does it mean ,
iii)what are system call?
iv)how we do pattern searching ??
5) then they moved towards dbms and sql
i) what did u study in u'r college dbms or rdbms is there any difference between them?
ii) one query regarding projection
iii)one query regarding having clause....group by
iv)one query regarding delete operation
v)what is functional dependency??
vi)what is atomicity?
vii) theoritically how can we detect deadlock??
then they asked to me general questions.....
6) heve u ever heard about amdocs
7) how was amdocs question paper.....what is your comment about that
8) before amdocs,how many written u have given?
9) do u feel something difference in selection procedure of amdocs to other companies.....
10)does pointer(CPI) or percentage reflects real knowledge or not??
11) what is the best quality in you...your strength??
12) what is your plan for next sem(V sem)....i said that "i will incease my pointers" then they said....just brush up u'r concept of c,unix and dbms..because we work on these......
II) HR INTERVIEW
this was of hardly 15 to 20 min
1)what is the name of other two,those took u'r interview??
2) have u heard the ppt then tell me what type of company is amdocs
3) describe your self?
4)tell me about family background.
5) why would u like to join amdocs?
6)have u any plan for further study like mba...?
7) would u like to do work offtime.
Like this ?