ADP Placement Paper
1. In the following choose the word which express the meaning of the same word CURSORY
A.superficial B.important C.move D.natural
A.heavy B.unusual C.demoralize D.extra
A.Common B.Ridiculous C.Dignified D.Petty
A.Obstinate B.Handsome C.Clever D.Stout
A.Energetic B.Observant C.Intelligent D.Watchful
6. In the following choose the word which express the opposite meaning of the same word OBEYING
A.Ordering B.Following C.Refusing D.Contradicting
A.Candid B.Direct C.Forthright D.Genuine
A.Innocent B.Vapid C.Ignorant D.Frivolous
A.Praise B.Flatter C.Exaggerate D.Adore
A.Amused B.Relaxed C.Endless D.Astonished
11. Read the passage and answer that follow on the basis of instruction provided in the passage Passage There was a marked difference of quality between the personages who haunted near bridge of brick and the personages who haunted the far one of stone.
Those of lowest character preferred the former, adjoining the town; they did not mind the glare of the public eye. they had been of no account during their successes; and though they might feel dispirited, they had no sense of shame in their ruin.
Instead of sighing at their adversaries they spat, and instead of saying the iron had entered into their souls they said they were down in their luck.The miserable's who would pause on the remoter bridge of a politer stamppersons who did not know how to get rid of the weary time.
The eyes of his species were mostly directed over the parapet upon the running water below. While one on the town ward bridge did not mind who saw him so, and kept his back to parapet to survey the passer-by, one on this never faced the road,
never turned his head at coming foot-steps, but, sensitive on his own condition, watched the current whenever a stranger approached, as if some strange fish interested him, though every finned thing had been poached out of the rivers years before. In this passage the author is trying to
A.explain the difference between the construction of the two bridges B.describe the way different sections of people like to dress C.explain the variety of ways in which strangers can be treated D.describe how people of different classes behaved when unhappy
12. People belonging to lower strata in their moments of distress
A.remembered the days of glory B.dressed shabbily to earn sympathy C.visited the brick made bridge D.felt ashamed of their failures
13. The attitude of lowly and genteel towards strangers was
A.virtually the same B.entirely different C.completely indifferent D.virulently hostile
14. The bridge of stone was frequented by
A.all the sections of society B.those fond of fishing C.the sophisticated but luckless D.none of the above
15. The two bridges were known
A.for their similar design B.for being equidistant from town C.for being haunted places D.for attracting dejected people to them
16. Complete the sentence with suitable word . Fate smiles ...... those who untiringly grapple with stark realities of life.
A.with B.over C.on D.round
17. The miser gazed ...... at the pile of gold coins in front of him.
A.avidly B.admiringly C.thoughtfully D.earnestly
18. Catching the earlier train will give us the ...... to do some shopping.
A.chance B.luck C.possibility D.occasion
19. I saw a ...... of cows in the field.
A.group B.herd C.swarm D.flock
20. The grapes are now ...... enough to be picked.
A.Ready B.ripe C.advanced D.mature
21. Find the output of the code snippet char *S1 = "ABCD"; char S2[ ] = "ABC"; printf("%d,%d",sizeof(S1), sizeof(S2));
A.3,4 B.4,4 C.3,3 D.4,3
Output: 4,4. S1 is a character pointer giving the size of the pointer variable. Second one is a character array with size 4. (Including the terminating character '\0').
22. Find the output of the code snippet
int i ;
int v = scanf("%d",&i); // Lets say the input is 23
A.23 B.1 C.Junk D.0
Output = 1; This is because, scanf reads and input and returns the number of items read. Hence 23 would be stored in i and 1 would be stored in v
23. What is the default size of a integer variable ?
A.2 B.4 C.can be 2 or 4 depending on the operating system D.8
24. What will be effect of size of operator on Unions?
A.gives the size of the biggest member B.gives the size of sum of all members C.gives the size of the smallest of the members D.none of the above
25. Divide by Zero is a common exception of type
A.Run Time B.Compile Time C.can be either Run time or Compile time D.none of the above
26. Which of the following statements is false? A.Pointers are designed for storing memory addresses B.Arrays are passed by value to functions C.Both of the above are false D.none of the above
A.A B.B C.C D.D
27.Output of the following program is
A.0,5,9,13,17 B.5,9,13,17 C.12,17,22 D.16,21
28. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
A.35 B.40 C.45 D.50
Let 1 man's 1 day's work = x and 1 woman's 1 day's work = y. Then, 4x + 6y =1/8 and 3x + 7y =1/10 Solving the two equations, we get: x =11/400, y =1/400 1 woman's 1 day's work =1/400 10 women's 1 day's work = 1/40 Hence, 10 women will complete the work in 40 days.
29. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
A.1:2 B.3:2 C.3:4 D.none of these
Let the speeds of the two trains be x m/sec and y m/sec respectively. Then, length of the first train = 27x metres, and length of the second train = 17y metres. 27X+17Y=23 27X+17Y=23X+23Y 4X=6Y X/Y=3/2
30. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent.
A.66 2/3 B.100 C.105 1/3 D.120
Let C.P. be Rs. x and S.P. be Rs. y. Then, 3(y - x) = (2y - x) y = 2x. Profit = Rs. (y - x) = Rs. (2x - x) = Rs. x. Profit % = (x/x) x 100 % = 100%
Like this ?