Here you can find GATE Civil Engineering Questions and Answers.
In this GATE Civil Engineering Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice GATE Civil Engineering Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by Organisations. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any Competitive Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots GATE Civil Engineering Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download GATE Civil Engineering Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of GATE Civil Engineering Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the Competitive Exams interview.
1. The estimate of obtained using Simpsonâ€™s rule with three-point function evaluation exceeds the exact value by
2. The annual precipitation data of a city is normally distributed with mean and standard deviation as 1000 mm and 200 mm, respectively. The probability that the annual precipitation will be more than 1200 mm is
3. The infinite series 1 + x + x2/2! + x3/3! + x4/4! + ... corresponds to
4. The Poissonâ€™s ratio is defined as
5. The following statements are related to bending of beams: I The slope of the bending moment diagram is equal to the shear force. II The slope of the shear force diagram is equal to the load intensity. III The slope of the curvature is equal to the flexural rotation. IV The second derivative of the deflection is equal to the curvature. The only FALSE statement is
1. There is no value of x that can simultaneously satisfy both the given equations.Therefore, find the â€˜least squares errorâ€™ solution to the two equations, i.e., find the value of x that minimizes the sum of squares of the errors in the two equations. __________ 2x = 3 4x = 1
2. What is the minimum number of multiplications involved in computing the matrix product PQR? Matrix P has 4 rows and 2 columns, matrix Q has 2 rows and 4 columns, and matrix R has 4 rows and 1 column. __________
3. A 1-h rainfall of 10 cm magnitude at a station has a return period of 50 years. The probability that a 1-h rainfall of magnitude 10 cm or more will occur in each of two successive years is:
4. Maximum possible value of Compacting Factor for fresh (green) concrete is:
5. As per IS 800:2007, the cross-section in which the extreme fiber can reach the yield stress, but cannot develop the plastic moment of resistance due to failure by local buckling is classified as