Here you can find DBMS Questions and Answers.
In this DBMS Questions and Answers section you can learn and practice DBMS Questions and Answers to improve your skills in order to face technical inerview conducted by organisations. By Practicing these interview questions, you can easily crack any Exams interview.
AllIndiaExams provides you lots DBMS Questions and Answers with proper explanation. Fully solved examples with detailed answer description. All students, freshers can download DBMS Questions and Answers as PDF files and eBooks.
You no need to worry, we have given lots of DBMS Questions and Answers and also we have provided lots of FAQ's to quickly answer the questions in the Competitive Exams interview.
1. Aggregate functions are functions that take a ___________ as input and return a single value.
2. Select __________ from instructor where dept name= â€™Comp. Sci.â€™;Which of the following should be used to find the mean of the salary ?
3. All aggregate functions except _____ ignore null values in their input collection.
4. A Boolean data type that can take values true, false, and________ .
5. Select count (____ ID) from teaches where semester = â€™Springâ€™ and year = 2010; If we do want to eliminate duplicates, we use the keyword ______in the aggregate expression.
1. To include integrity constraint in a existing relation use :
2. Which of the following is not a integrity constraint ?
3. Foreign key is the one in which the ________ of one relation is referenced in another relation.
4. Domain constraints, functional dependency and referential integrity are special forms of _________.
5. Which of the following is the right syntax for assertion?
1. This set of Database Questions & Answers focuses on â€œSQL Data Types and Schemasâ€ Dates must be specified in the format
2. An ________ on an attribute of a relation is a data structure that allows the database system to find those tuples in the relation that have a specified value for that attribute efficiently, without scanning through all the tuples of the relation.
3. Which of the following is used to store movie and image files ?
4. The user defined data type can be created using
5. Values of one type can be converted to another domain using which of the following ?
1. Which one of the following is a set of one or more attributes taken collectively to uniquely identify a record?
2. Consider attributes ID , CITY and NAME . Which one of this can be considered as a super key ?
3. The subset of super key is a candidate key under what condition ?
4. A _____ is a property of the entire relation, rather than of the individual tuples in which each tuple is unique.
5. Which one of the following attribute can be taken as a primary key ?
1. A system is in a ______ state if there exists a set of transactions such that every transaction in the set is waiting for another transaction in the set.
2. The deadlock state can be changed back to stable state by using _____________ statement.
3. What are the ways of dealing with deadlock ?
4. When transaction Ti requests a data item currently held by Tj , Ti is allowed to wait only if it has a timestamp smaller than that of Tj (that is, Ti is older than Tj ). Otherwise, Ti is rolled back (dies). This is
5. When transaction Ti requests a data item currently held by Tj , Ti is allowed to wait only if it has a timestamp larger than that of Tj (that is, Ti is younger than Tj ). Otherwise, Tj is rolled back (Tj is wounded by Ti ). This is
1. What is the purpose of index in sql server
2. How many types of indexes are there in sql server?
3. How non clustered index point to the data?
4. Which one is true about clustered index?
5. What is true about indexes?
1. The____condition allows a general predicate over the relations being joined.
2. Which of the join operations do not preserve non matched tuples.
3. What type of join is needed when you wish to include rows that do not have matching values?
4. How many tables may be included with a join?
5. Which are the join types in join condition:
1. In the __________ normal form, a composite attribute is converted to individual attributes.
2. A table on the many side of a one to many or many to many relationship must:
3. Tables in second normal form (2NF):
4. Which-one ofthe following statements about normal forms is FALSE?
5. Functional Dependencies are the types of constraints that are based on______
1. OLAP stands for
2. Data that can be modeled as dimension attributes and measure attributes are called _______ data.
3. The generalization of cross-tab which is represented visually is ____________ which is also called as data cube.
4. The process of viewing the cross-tab (Single dimensional) with a fixed value of one attribute is
5. The operation of moving from finer-granularity data to a coarser granularity (by means of aggregation) is called a ________.
1. Which of the following is a physical storage media ?
2. The _________ is the fastest and most costly form of storage, which is relatively small; its use is managed by the computer system hardware.
3. Which of the following stores several gigabytes of data but usually lost when power failure?
4. The flash memory storage used are
5. __________ is increasingly being used in server systems to improve performance by caching frequently used data, since it provides faster access than disk, with larger storage capacity than main memory.
1. Which level of RAID refers to disk mirroring with block striping?
2. Optical disk technology uses
3. With multiple disks, we can improve the transfer rate as well by ___________ data across multiple disks.
4. Which one of the following is a Stripping technique ?
5. The RAID level which mirroring is done along with stripping is
1. A relational database consists of a collection of
2. A ________ in a table represents a relationship among a set of values.
3. The term _______ is used to refer to a row.
4. The term attribute refers to a ___________ of a table.
5. For each attribute of a relation, there is a set of permitted values, called the ________ of that attribute.
1. Relational Algebra is a __________ query language that takes two relation as input and produces another relation as output of the query.
2. Which of the following is a fundamental operation in relational algebra ?
3. Which of the following is used to denote the selection operation in relational algebra ?
4. For select operation the ________ appear in the subscript and the ___________ argument appears in the paranthesis after the sigma.
5. The ___________ operation, denoted by -, allows us to find tuples that are in one relation but are not in another.
1. Which one of the following is used to define the structure of the relation ,deleting relations and relating schemas
2. Which one of the following provides the ability to query information from the database and to insert tuples into, delete tuples from, and modify tuples in the database ?
3. Create table employee (name varchar ,id integer) What type of statement is this ?
4. Select * from employee What type of statement is this?
5. The basic data type char(n) is a _____ length character string and varchar(n) is _____ length character.
1. The storage structure which do not survive system crashes are ______
2. Storage devices like tertiary storage , magnetic disk comes under
3. For a transaction to be durable, its changes need to be written to ________ storage.
4. The unit of storage that can store one are more records in a hash file organization are
5. A ______ file system is software that enables multiple computers to share file storage while maintaining consistent space allocation and file content.
1. A _________ consists of a sequence of query and/or update statements.
2. Which of the following makes the transaction permanent in the database ?
3. In order to undo the work of transaction after last commit which one should be used ?
4. Consider the following action: Transactionâ€¦.. Commit; Rollback; What does Rollback do?
5. In case of any shut down during transaction before commit which of the following statement is done automatically ?
1. A __________ is a special kind of a store procedure that executes in response to certain action on the table like insertion, deletion or updation of data.
2. Trigger are supported in
3. The CREATE TRIGGER statement is used to create the trigger. THE _____ clause specifies the table name on which the trigger is to be attached. The ______ specifies that this is an AFTER INSERT trigger.
4. What are the after triggers ?
5. The variables in the triggers are declared using
1. Which of the following creates a virtual relation for storing the query ?
2. Which of the following is the syntax for views where v is view name ?
3. Materialised views make sure that
4. Updating the value of the view
5. SQL view is said to be updatable (that is, inserts, updates or deletes can be applied on the view) if which of the following conditions are satisfied by the query defining the view?
|Online Test Name||DBMS|
|Exam Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Category||Computer Science Engineering Quiz|