IBM Off campus Placement Papers 2015
IBM Test Paper Pattern :
IBM Recruitment Test 5
1. Speed of boat in still water is 10kmph..if it travels 24km downstream,16km upstream in the same
amount of time,what is the speed of the stream?
2. A cube of 3 units is painted on all sides.If this cube is divided into cubes of 1 unit,how many cube have none of their faces painted?
(e)none of these
3. If a person sells a product for rs141/- he suffers a loss of 6%.if he has to have a profit of 10%, at what price should he sell it?
ans.rs.165 (i think,check)
4. A ball falls from a height of 8ft ,bounces back to half the distance & continues till it comes to rest.
what is the total distance travelled by the ball?
(d)cannot be determined
5. Which of the following is the sum of 3 consecutive prime nos?
(c)both a &b
6. If the area of a square has increased by 69%,by what % has its side increased?
7. In a class the average age is 16yrs.if the teacher who is 40 yrs of age is also included ,the average becomes 17yrs,how many students were there?
8. If 3 houses are to be painted,mr A can paint a house in 6 days(nos are not same)...mr B can do the same in 8 days...& mr.C in 12 days.if mr A does the work for 8 days & leaves for vacation, & mr B continues the work for the next 6 days, for how many days should mr.C work?
9. 4 thieves rob a bakery of the breadone after the other.each thief takes half of what is present ,& half a bread...if at the end 3 bread remains,what is the no of bread that was present initiallly?
10. If the 1rst day of 1999 is a sunday,what is the last day?
(d)cannot be determined.
11. If A driver drives a car four times a lap 10,20 30,60 kmph what is his average speed.
In a group there are two kinds of people type A & type B.type A people answer for any question as
that of type B as NO.if they can not answer to these question then they remain silent. the mayor
asks question to
them as follows........
12. If he asks a person are u type A
a.YES b.NO c. Silent d.Can not be determined
13. He asks two persons X &Ysimultaneously whether u of same type
a. YES b. NO c.YES or NO d. Silent e. can not be determined
14. Pointing to a person X he asks Y what is his type
a. YES b. No c. Silent d can not be determined
15. Pointing to a person X he asks Y if I ask him whether r u type A ,will he answer YES.Y says
NO .what type
of B is
a. YES b. NO . c. Silent d. can not be determined
16. Six squares of same dimension are kept side by side to make a rectangle with a perimeter of
182 cm. what is the perimeter of each square.
17. One student takes 20 mins to reach school if he goes at a speed of 15kmph .At what speed
should he go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same) ans: 16kmph( check)
18. How many rational numbers are there between 0 & 5
19. A certain number of bullets were shared by 3 people equally.Each of them fired 4 bullets and the sum of the remaining bullets was equal to the initial share each had got.what was the initial number of bullets? ans:18..( 18/3=6;
20. A trigger is
(a) a statement ..start of database..
(b)statements that r executed as a side effect to the modification to the database
21. What does the following statement mean?
(a)'a' is a pointer to an array of 4 integers
(b)'a' is an array of pointers to integer
(c)'a' is a pointer to function returning an integer
22. Best method to find out whether a given array already sorted,is sorted or not in min. time
ans. insertion sort (check)
23. A primary key in one table also present in some other table is called
ans. foreign key
24. Which of the following is a real time system?
(b)airline ticket reservation(ans)
25. A question to convert a big no in decimal to octal(check only for the last 2 nos in ans is sufficient)
26. Which of the following is an example of a spooling device?
27. If in a table:account no,account holders name,account type ,.....(something else was given)are the
of them could be the primary key?
(b)account holders name
28. If a file is opened in "r+" mode(in C),it means
29. What is the difference between 123 and 0123 in c?
30. Software Configuration Management process is -
(a)developing & managing software for .....software....
(b)developing & managing hardware for....software.......
31. Data Integrity constraint is
(a)to ensure the presence of primary key
32. Which of the following uses the minimum length of cable?
(e)all of the above
31. How can u append the ls and who to certain existing file (like that)(i.e.listing & output of who is to be directed to a file
34. Suppose u have a network .users complain of slow ....u suspect a problem in network adapter once u find that the data is continuous and erroneous.what device do u use?
(d)all of the above
35. What is vector processing?
36. x-=y+1 is equivalent to what?
37. In a student form what is the relationship b/w student and course
(a)one to one
(b)many to one
(c)one to many
(d)many to many
38. ROM is
(b)permanent & fast
(c)device containig boot up program & is not accessible
Like this ?