Time Left: 00:50:00
1. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
2. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3 : 2 : 4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21 ?
3. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
4. 40% of Ram's marks is equal to 20% of Rahim's marks which percent is equal to 30% of Robert's marks. If Robert's marks is 80, then find the average marks of Ram and Rahim?
5. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
6. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
7. Sum of two consecutive even terms lacks by 98 from their product. Find the sum of these numbers?
8. I. x2 + 9x + 20 = 0, II. y2 + 5y + 6 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
9. If x is the interest on y and y is the interest on z, the rate and time is the
same on both the cases. What is the relation between x, y and z?
10. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
11. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
12. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
13. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
14. [(7 * 9) + (2 * 12) + 3]/[(12 * 3) + (81/9)] = ?
15. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
16. The average age 9 members of a committee are the same as it was 2 years ago, because an old number has been replaced by a younger number. Find how much younger is the new member than the old number?
17. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
18. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
19. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
20. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
23. How much is 80% of 40 is greater than 4/5 of 25?
24. The difference between a number and its three-fifth is 50. What is the number?
25. 80 is what percent of 64?
26. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
27. Out of 10 persons working on a project, 4 are graduates. If 3 are selected, what is the probability that there is at least one graduate among them?
28. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
29. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
30. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5%?
31. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
32. In finding the HCF of two numbers, the last divisor was 41 and the successive quotients, starting from the first, where 2, 4 and 2. The numbers are?
33. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40% of that number?
34. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
35. Three consecutive odd integers are in increasing order such that the sum of the last two integers is 13 more than the first integer. Find the three integers?
36. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
37. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
38. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?
39. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
40. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?
41. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
44. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
45. Subtracting 30 from a number, the remainder is one fourth of the number. Find the number?
46. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
47. A is twice as good a work man as B and together they finish the work in 14 days. In how many days A alone can finish the work?
48. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
49. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
50. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?