Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
2. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. A sun is divided among X, Y and Z in such a way that for each rupee X gets, Y gets 45 paisa and Z gets 30 paisa. If the share of Y is RS. 27, what is the
5. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
6. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
7. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
8. A reduction of 25% in the price of oil enables a house wife to obtain 5kgs more for Rs.800, what is the reduced price for kg?
9. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
10. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
11. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
12. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
13. A can do a piece of work in 10 days. He works at it for 4 days and then B finishes it in 9 days. In how many days can A and B together finish the work?
14. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
15. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
16. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
17. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
18. A and B enter into partnership with capital as 7:9. At the end of 8 months, A withdraws. If they receive the profits in the ratio of 8:9 find how long B's
capital was used?
19. A person purchases 90 clocks and sells 40 clocks at a gain of 10% and 50 clocks at a gain of 20%. If he sold all of them at a uniform profit of 15%, then he would have got Rs. 40 less. The cost price of each clock is:
20. In a series of six consecutive even numbers, the sum of the second and sixth numbers is 24. What is the fourth number?
21. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
22. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
23. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
24. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
25. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
26. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
27. Rahim bought 65 books for Rs.1150 from one shop and 50 books for Rs.920 from another. What is the average price he paid per book ?
28. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
29. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
30. Simplify : (y4b-a . y4c-b . y4a-c) / (ya . yb . yc)3
31. On dividing number by 357, we get 39 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 17, what will be the remainder?
32. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
33. 125 liters of a mixture of milk and water contains in the ratio 3:2. How much water should now be added so that the ratio of milk and water becomes 3:4?
34. Subtracting 30 from a number, the remainder is one fourth of the number. Find the number?
35. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
36. The curved surface of a sphere is 64 π cm2. Find its radius?
37. In finding the HCF of two numbers, the last divisor was 41 and the successive quotients, starting from the first, where 2, 4 and 2. The numbers are?
38. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
39. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
40. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
41. The owner of a furniture shop charges his customer 24% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs. 8339 for a computer table, then what was the cost price of the computer table?
42. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
43. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
44. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Three number are in the ratio 5:6:7. The sum of its largest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
47. The C.P of 10 pens is equal to the S.P of 12 pens. Find his gain % or loss%?
48. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
49. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
50. A train 280 m long, running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in?