Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
2. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
3. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
4. The ratio of the volumes of a cube to that of the sphere which will fit inside the cube is?
5. Find the greatest number that, while dividing 47, 215 and 365, gives the same remainder in each case?
6. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
7. The areas of the two spheres are in the ratio 1: 4. The ratio of their volume is?
8. The total age of A and B is 12 years more than the total age of B and C. C is how many years younger than A?
9. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
10. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
11. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
12. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
13. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
14. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
15. A paper is in a square form whose one side is 20 cm. Two semi circles are drawn on its opposites as diameters. If these semi circles are cut down what is the area of the remaining paper?
16. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
17. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
18. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
19. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
20. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
21. If (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y).
22. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
23. One root of the quadratic equation x2 - 12x + a = 0, is thrice the other. Find the value of a?
24. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
25. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
26. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
27. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
28. Peter invested an amount of Rs. 12,000 at the rate of 10% p.a simple interest and another amount at the rate of 20% p.a. simple interest. The total interest earned at the end of one year on the total amount invested became 14% p.a. Find the total amount invested?
29. 10 men and 15 women together can complete a work in 6 days. It takes 100 days for one man alone to complete the same work. How many days will be required for one woman alone to complete the same work?
30. How many numbers up to 100 are divisible by 7?
31. Two pipes P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes the first is turned off. How much longer will the cistern take to fill?
32. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
33. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
34. If a card is drawn from a well shuffled pack of cards, the probability of drawing a spade or a king is -.
35. I. a2 - 13a + 42 = 0, II. b2 - 15b + 56 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
36. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together but after 3 minutes A is turned off. After how much more time will the cistern be filled?
37. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
38. On a sum of money, the S.I. for 2 years is Rs. 660, while the C.I. is Rs. 696.30, the rate of interest being the same in both the cases. The rate of interest is?
39. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
40. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3:4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5:7. If each of them saves Rs.200, find the incomes of both?
41. 3 men, 4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days. A woman does double the work a man does and a child does half the work a man does. How many women alone can complete this work in 7 days?
42. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
43. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
44. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
45. A, B and C completed a piece of work, A worked for 6 days, B for 9 days and C for 4 days. Their daily wages were in the ratio of 3:4:5. Find the daily wages of C, if their total earning was Rs.1480?
46. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
47. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is?
48. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
49. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs. 225 for it, the cost price of the bicycle for A is:
50. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?