Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train moves fast a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 sec and 20 sec respectively. What is the speed of the train?
2. A person was asked to state his age in years. His reply was, "Take my age three years hence, multiply it by 3 and then subtract three times my age three years ago and you will know how old I am." What was the age of the person?
3. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
4. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
5. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
6. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
7. The simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs.49500 at he end of three is Rs.17820. What would be the compound interest accured on the same amount at teh same rate in the same period? (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
8. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years Rs.41 and the simple interest is Rs.40. What is the rate percent?
9. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
10. 4500 * ? = 3375
11. What is the length of the longest pole which can be kept in a room 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
12. The volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27: 125, what shall be the ratio of their surface areas?
13. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
14. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
15. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
16. The triplicate ratio of 1:2 is?
17. Simplify the following equation
[(p - q)2 - (p + q)2] / 4p = b/a
18. X and Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work. How long did the work last?
19. A can do a piece of work in 15 days and B in 20 days. They began the work together but 5 days before the completion of the work, A leaves. The work was
20. The areas of the two spheres are in the ratio 1: 4. The ratio of their volume is?
21. The average salary of all the workers in a workshop is Rs. 8000. The average salary of 7 technicians is Rs. 12000 and the average salary of the rest is Rs. 6000. The total number of workers in the workshop is:
22. The sum of three consecutive even numbers is 42. Find the middle number of the three?
23. Train P crosses a pole in 30 seconds and train Q crosses the same pole in one minute and 15 seconds. The length of train P is three-fourths the length of train Q. What is the ratio of the speed of train P to that of train Q?
24. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
25. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 3 is 72. What is the largest number?
26. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
27. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5:4. If the income of the person is Rs.18000, then find his savings?
28. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
29. Raj invested an amount of Rs.17400 for two years. Find the rate of compound interest that will fetch him an amount of Rs.1783.50 at the end of two years?
30. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
31. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
32. If x;Y = 5:2, then (8x + 9y):(8x + 2y) is :
33. At an examination in which full marks were 500. A got 10% less than B, B got 25% more than C and C got 20% less than D. If A got 360marks, what percentage of full marks was obtained by D?
34. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
35. How many shots of 1cm radius can be prepared from a sphere of 3cm radius?
36. In how many ways can live boys and three girls sit in a row such that all boys sit together?
37. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
38. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
39. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is:
40. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
41. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
42. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
43. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
44. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
45. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 7429 and of the last three is 12673. Find the fourth number?
46. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
47. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
48. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?