Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 8/15 / 1 1/3 * 3 ?/4 = 1.5
2. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
3. The sum of five consecutive odd numbers of set p is 435. What is the sum of five consecutive numbers of another set q. Whose largest number is 45 more than the largest number of set p?
4. Ravi purchased a refrigerator and a mobile phone for Rs. 15000 and Rs. 8000 respectively. He sold the refrigerator at a loss of 4 percent and the mobile phone at a profit of 10 percent. Overall he make a.
5. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
6. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 and that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th observation?
7. (112 * 54) = ?
8. In how many ways can three consonants and two vowels be selected from the letters of the word "TRIANGLE"?
9. The average temperature for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 48 degrees and for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was 46 degrees. If the temperature on Monday was 42 degrees. Find the temperature on Friday?
10. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/he and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is?
11. The slant height of a cone is 12 cm and radius of the base is 4cm, find the curved surface of the cone.
12. Sixty men can stitch 200 shirts in 30 days working 8 hours a day. In how many days can 45 men stitch 300 shirts working 6 hours a day?
13. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
14. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
15. A person was asked to state his age in years. His reply was, "Take my age three years hence, multiply it by 3 and then subtract three times my age three years ago and you will know how old I am." What was the age of the person?
16. The present ages of three persons are in proportions 4:7:9. Eight years ago, the sum of their ages was 56. Find their present ages.
17. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
18. Find the H.C.F of 204, 1190 and 1445?
19. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
20. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
21. Find the least number when successively divided by 2, 3 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively?
22. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
23. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
24. Express the following number as products of powers of prime factors?
25. Which of the following is the greatest?
26. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
27. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
28. A man walked 20 m to cross a rectangular field diagonally. If the length of the field is 16 cm. Find the breadth of the field is?
29. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
30. If A:B = 1/2: 1/3 B:C = 1/2:1/3 then A:B:C?
31. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
32. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is?
33. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
34. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
35. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
36. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
37. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
38. The H.C.F of two numbers is 11 and their L.C.M is 7700. If one of the numbers is 275, then the other is:
39. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
40. Kim can do a work in 3 days while David can do the same work in 2 days. Both of them finish the work together and get Rs. 150. What is the share of Kim?
41. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
42. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
43. How long does a train 165 meters long running at the rate of 54 kmph take to cross a bridge 660 meters in length?
44. If the sides of two cubes are in the ratio 3: 1 the ratio of their total surface area is?
45. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent:
46. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that all the four bulbs are defective.
47. Two cars cover the same distance at the speed of 60 and 64 kmps respectively. Find the distance traveled by them if the slower car takes 1 hour more than the
48. A, B and C are partners in a business. Their capitals are respectively, Rs.5000, Rs.6000 and Rs.4000. A gets 30% of the total profit for managing the business. The remaining profit is divided among three in the ratio of their capitals. In the end of the year, the profit of A is Rs.200 more than the sum of the profits of B and C. Find the total profit.
49. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
50. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?