Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In an exam, Amar scored 64 percent, Bhavan scored 36 percent and Chetan 44 percent. The maximum score awarded in the exam is 800. Find the average mark scored by all the three boys?
2. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs. 4 less than half of the total amount, B's share is Rs. 8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the rest which is Rs. 14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
3. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
4. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1:2:3. If there are Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
5. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
6. A and B complete a work in 6 days. A alone can do it in 10 days. If both together can do the work in how many days?
7. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
8. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
9. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
10. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
11. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 min and 20 min respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but after 4 min, pipe A is turned off. What is the total time required to fill the tank?
12. The average salary per head of the entire staff of an office including the officers and clerks is Rs.90. The average salary of officers is Rs.600 and that of the clerks is Rs.84. If the number of officers is 2, find the number of officers in the office?
13. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
14. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
15. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
16. Find the compound interest and the amount on Rs.8000 at 5% per annum for 3 years when C.I is reckoned yearly?
17. At present, the ratio between the ages of Arun and Deepak is 4:3. After 6 years, Arun's age will be 26 years. What is the age of Deepak at present?
Least perfect square number, exactly divisible by 21, 36 and 56 is?
19. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
20. The principal that amounts to Rs. 4913 in 3 years at 6 1/4 % per annum C.I. compounded annually, is?
21. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
22. Two taps can separately fill a cistern 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively and when the waste pipe is open, they can together fill it in 18 minutes. The waste pipe can empty the full cistern in?
23. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
24. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
25. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
26. 40 is subtracted from 60% of a number, the result is 50. Find the number?
27. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
28. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, the same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4:3?
29. By how much is 3/5th of 875 greater than 2/3 of 333?
30. A train 100 meters long completely crosses a 300 meters long bridge in 45 seconds. What is the speed of the train is?
31. 12(13/18) + 16(11/27) - 10(5/9) = ?
32. A and B start a business jointly. A invests Rs.16000 for 8 months and B remains in the business for 4 months. Out of the total profit B claims 2/7th share. How
much money is contributed by B?
33. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
34. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
35. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
36. A, B and C are entered into a partnership. A invested Rs.6500 for 6 months, B invested Rs.8400 for 5 months and C invested for Rs.10000 for 3 months. A is a
working partner and gets 5% of the total profit for the same. Find the share of C in a total profit of Rs.7400.
37. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
38. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
39. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
40. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
41. A rope of which a calf is tied is increased from 12 m to 23 m, how much additional grassy ground shall it graze?
42. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
43. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
44. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
45. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
46. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
47. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
48. 105 * 99 * 299 = ?
49. The smallest number which when divided by 20, 25, 35 and 40 leaves a remainder of 14, 19, 29 and 34 respectively is?
50. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?