Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
2. On a sum of money, the S.I. for 2 years is Rs. 660, while the C.I. is Rs. 696.30, the rate of interest being the same in both the cases. The rate of interest is?
3. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
4. If the cost price of 50 articles is equal to the selling price of 40 articles, then the gain or loss percent is?
5. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
6. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
7. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
8. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
9. I. a2 + 8a + 16 = 0, II. b2 - 4b + 3 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
10. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
11. The value of (2.75)3 - (2.00)3 - (0.75)3 is
12. The difference between a number and its three-fifth is 50. What is the number?
13. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
14. The sum of five consecutive odd numbers of set p is 435. What is the sum of five consecutive numbers of another set q. Whose largest number is 45 more than the largest number of set p?
15. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
16. 2758 + 20581 - 17889 = ?
17. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
18. A rope of which a calf is tied is increased from 12 m to 23 m, how much additional grassy ground shall it graze?
19. I. a2 + 11a + 30 = 0, II. b2 + 6b + 5 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
20. 10 men and 15 women together can complete a work in 6 days. It takes 100 days for one man alone to complete the same work. How many days will be required for one woman alone to complete the same work?
21. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
22. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
23. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
24. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their surface area?
25. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
26. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
Least perfect square number, exactly divisible by 21, 36 and 56 is?
28. A single discount equivalent to the discount series of 20%, 10% and 5% is?
29. A bank offers 5% C.I. calculated on half-yearly basis . A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is?
30. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
31. On the independence day, bananas were be equally distributed among the children in a school so that each child would get two bananas. On the particular day 360 children were absent and as a result each child got two extra bananas. Find the actual number of children in the school?
32. I. a2 - 9a + 20 = 0, II. 2b2 - 5b - 12 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
33. If a man walks to his office at ¾ of his usual rate, he reaches office 1/3 of an hour late than usual. What is his usual time to reach office?
34. The sum of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?
35. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
36. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
37. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
38. How long does a train 165 meters long running at the rate of 54 kmph take to cross a bridge 660 meters in length?
39. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
40. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
41. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
42. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
43. A water tank is two-fifth full. Pipe A can fill a tank in 10 minutes and pipe B can empty it in 6 minutes. If both the pipes are open, how long will it take to empty or fill the tank completely?
44. Ram's age and Shyam's age are in the ratio 3 : 4. Seven years ago the ratio of their ages was 2: 3. Find the ratio of their ages five years hence?
45. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
46. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
47. √3584 * 52.034 = ?
48. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
49. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
50. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?