Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days and 13 men together will 24 boys can do it in 4 days. Compare the daily work done by a man with that of a boy.
2. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.710 and a uniform after a year service. He served only for 8 months and got Rs.460 and a uniform. Find the price of the uniform?
3. If Rs. 782 be divided into three parts, proportional to 1/2:2/3:3/4, then the first part is:
4. Express a speed of 36 kmph in meters per second?
5. Roja and Pooja start moving in the opposite directions from a pole. They are moving at the speeds of 2 km/hr and 3 km/hr respectively. After 4 hours what will be the distance between them?
6. The equal amounts of money are deposited in two banks each at 15% per annum for 3.5 years and 5 years respectively. If the difference between their interests is Rs.144, find the each sum?
7. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
8. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
9. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
10. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: x2 + 2x - 15 = 0?
11. If the sum of the two numbers is 22 and the sum of their squares is 404, then the product of the numbers is:
12. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?
13. A can do a piece of work in 21 days and B in 28 days. Together they started the work and B left after 4 days. In how many days can A alone do the remaining work?
14. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
15. 421 * 0.9 + 130 * 101 + 10000 = ?
16. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
17. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
18. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
19. The curved surface of a sphere is 64 π cm2. Find its radius?
20. The average salary of a person for the months of January, February, March and April is Rs.8000 and that for the months February, March, April and May is Rs.8500. If his salary for the month of May is Rs.6500, find his salary for the month of January?
21. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
22. A bank offers 5% C.I. calculated on half-yearly basis . A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is?
23. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
24. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
25. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
26. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
27. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
28. The length of a rectangular plot is thrice its breadth. If the area of the rectangular plot is 867 sq m, then what is the breadth of the rectangular plot?
29. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
30. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
31. A fruit vendor purchased 20 dozens of bananas at Rs. 15 per dozen. But one-fourth of the bananas were rotten and had to be thrown away. He sold two-third of the remaining bananas at Rs. 22.50 per dozen. At what price per dozen should he sell the remaining bananas to make neither a profit nor a loss?
32. If x is the interest on y and y is the interest on z, the rate and time is the
same on both the cases. What is the relation between x, y and z?
33. A question paper consists of five problems, each problem having three internal choices. In how many ways can a candidate attempt one or more problems?
34. A library has an average of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 on other days. The average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday is:
35. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager's salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager's monthly salary?
36. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
37. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
40. A mixture of 70 liters of wine and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 12 ½% of the total mixture?
41. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
44. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
45. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
46. Out of 10 persons working on a project, 4 are graduates. If 3 are selected, what is the probability that there is at least one graduate among them?
47. The length of a rectangle is two - fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
48. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
49. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
50. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?