Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Amar, Bhavan and Chetan divide an amount of Rs.5600 among themselves in the ratio 3:6:5. If an amount of Rs.400 is deducted from each of their shares, what will be the new ratio of their shares of the amount?
2. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
3. Rajan borrowed Rs.4000 at 5% p.a compound interest. After 2
years, he repaid Rs.2210 and after 2 more year, the balance with interest. What
was the total amount that he paid as interest?
4. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
5. There are some pigeons and hares in a zoo. If heads are counted, there are 200. If legs are counted, there are 580. The number of hares in the zoo is?
6. Two trains are running in opposite directions with the same speed. If the length of each train is 120 m and they cross each other in 12 sec, then the speed of each train is?
7. A boat goes 100 km downstream in 10 hours, and 75 m upstream in 15 hours. The
speed of the stream is?
8. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
9. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a weight of 800 grams per kg, what is his percent?
10. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
11. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
12. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
14. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
15. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
16. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
17. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
18. The speed of a train is 90 kmph. What is the distance covered by it in 10 minutes?
19. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
20. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
21. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
22. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
23. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
24. The speed at which a man can row a boat in still water is 15 kmph. If he rows downstream, where the speed of current is 3 kmph, what time will he take to cover 60 metres?
25. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
26. 2 1/3 + 4 1/6 - 2 2/3 - 1 1/2 = 2 ?/3
27. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is:
28. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
29. Find the least number when successively divided by 2, 3 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively?
30. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. Calculate the gain percent after allowing a discount of 12%?
31. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
32. The S.I. on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the C.I. on Rs. 4000 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on S.I. is?
33. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
34. Jacob brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
35. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
36. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
37. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
38. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
39. Find the lowest 4-digit number which when divided by 3, 4 or 5 leaves a remainder of 2 in each case?
40. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
41. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is?
42. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
43. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
44. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
45. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
46. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
47. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
48. The number of arrangements that can be made with the letters of the word MEADOWS so that the vowels occupy the even places?
49. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
50. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40% of that number?