Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
2. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
3. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
4. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
5. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
6. In how many ways can live boys and three girls sit in a row such that all boys sit together?
7. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 12. The difference of the digits is 6. Find the number?
8. The average of 10 numbers is calculated as 15. It is discovered later on that while calculating the average, one number namely 36 was wrongly read as 26. The correct average is?
9. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C, in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. Find the share of C?
10. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5:8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:14. Find the difference in their present ages?
11. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
12. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
13. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
14. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
15. Two pipes can separately fill a tank in 20 and 30 hours respectively. Both the pipes are opened to fill the tank but when the tank is full, a leak develops in the tank through which one-third of water supplied by both the pipes goes out. What is the total time taken to fill the tank?
16. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:
17. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
18. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
19. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
20. 16.66% of 33.33% of 66.66% of ? = 30
21. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
22. In an examination a pupil's average marks were 63 per paper. If he had obtained 20 more marks for his Geography paper and 2 more marks for his History paper, his average per paper would have been 65. How many papers were there in the examination?
23. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
24. How many numbers up to 500 are divisible by 23?
25. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
26. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
27. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
28. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
29. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
30. A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and there by decreases his average by 0.4. The number age of the family now is:
31. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
32. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
33. Three men start together to travel the same way around a circular track of 11 kilometers in circumference. Their speeds are 4, 5 and 8 kilometers per hour respectively. When will they meet at a starting point?
34. A is twice as good a workman as B and they took 7 days together to do the work B alone can do it in.
35. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
36. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
37. If a train, travelling at a speed of 90 kmph, crosses a pole in 5 sec, then the length of train is?
38. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
39. How many numbers up to 200 are divisible by 2 and 3 both?
40. Two trains are running at 40 km/hr and 20 km/hr respectively in the same direction. Fast train completely passes a man sitting in the slower train in 5 sec. What is the length of the fast train?
41. By selling 50 meters of cloth. I gain the selling price of 15 meters. Find the gain percent?
42. A, B and C can do a work in 6 days, 8 days and 12 days respectively. In how many days can all three of them working together, complete the work?
43. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
44. A laborer is engaged for 30 days on the condition that he receives Rs.25 for each day he works and is fined Rs.7.50 for each day is absent. He gets Rs.425 in
all. For how many days was he absent?
45. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
46. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?
47. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
48. Which of the following is the greatest?
49. By selling an umbrella for Rs. 300, a shop keeper gains 20%. During a clearance sale, the shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price. His gain percent during the sale is:
50. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?