Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
2. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
3. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
4. Two pipes P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes the first is turned off. How much longer will the cistern take to fill?
5. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
6. A money lender lends Rs.2000 for six months at 20% p.a. rate. It the interest is reckoned quarterly than find the amount given after time limit.
7. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is?
8. 58978 / 363.94 * 11.02 = ?
9. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
10. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
11. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
12. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
13. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
14. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
15. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
16. A basket has 5 apples and 4 oranges. Three fruits are picked at random. The probability that at least 2 apples are picked is -.
17. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
18. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
19. A, B and C are partners in a business. Their capitals are respectively, Rs.5000, Rs.6000 and Rs.4000. A gets 30% of the total profit for managing the business. The remaining profit is divided among three in the ratio of their capitals. In the end of the year, the profit of A is Rs.200 more than the sum of the profits of B and C. Find the total profit.
20. 3251 + 587 + 369 - ? = 3007
21. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
22. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
23. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
24. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
25. A group consists of 4 men, 6 women and 5 children. In how many ways can 3 men, 2 women and 3 children selected from the given group?
26. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
27. Solve for m if 3(√3)m+4 = (√3)2m+7
28. In what time will Rs.4000 lent at 3% per annum on simple interest earn as much interest as Rs.5000 will earn in 5 years at 4% per annum on simple interest?
29. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. A third pipe C can drain off 45 liters of water per minute. If all the pipes are opened, the tank can be filled in 15 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank?
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. The average monthly income of P and Q is Rs. 5050. The average monthly income of Q and R is 6250 and the average monthly income of P and R is Rs. 5200. The monthly income of P is:
33. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
34. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?
35. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
36. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
37. The monthly incomes of A and B are in the ratio 5 : 2. B's monthly income is 12% more than C's monthly income. If C's monthly income is Rs. 15000, then find the annual income of A?
38. The triplicate ratio of 1:2 is?
39. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
40. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
41. A man can row 30 km downstream and 20 km upstream in 4 hours. He can row 45 km downstream and 40 km upstream in 7 hours. Find the speed of man in still water?
42. The simple form of the ratio 2/3:2/5 is?
43. In an examination a pupil's average marks were 63 per paper. If he had obtained 20 more marks for his Geography paper and 2 more marks for his History paper, his average per paper would have been 65. How many papers were there in the examination?
44. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 25% more than a third number. The percentage that is first of the second is?
45. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
46. A shopkeeper buys mangoes at the rate of 4 a rupee and sells them at 3 a rupee. Find his net profit or loss percent?
47. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
48. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
49. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
50. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.