Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B can do a work in 4 hours and 12 hours respectively. A starts the work at 6AM and they work alternately for one hour each. When will the work be completed?
2. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
3. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
4. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
5. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
6. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q -r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
7. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
8. 12.5 + 10 1/4 of 100 ÷ 10% of 10 = ?
9. If x = √3 - √2, then find (x - 1/x)2
10. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
11. The ratio of the number of ladies to gents at a party was 1:2 but when 2 ladies and 2 gents left, the ratio became 1:3. How many people were at the party originally?
12. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
13. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
14. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
15. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
16. A sum of money becomes 7/6 of itself in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. The rate per annum is?
17. P, Q and R have Rs.6000 among themselves. R has two-thirds of the total amount with P and Q. Find the amount with R?
18. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
19. Two pipes can separately fill a tank in 20 and 30 hours respectively. Both the pipes are opened to fill the tank but when the tank is full, a leak develops in the tank through which one-third of water supplied by both the pipes goes out. What is the total time taken to fill the tank?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
23. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?
24. 421 * 0.9 + 130 * 101 + 10000 = ?
25. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
26. Two cars P and Q start at the same time from A and B which are 120 km apart. If the two cars travel in opposite directions, they meet after one hour and if they travel in same direction (from A towards B), then P meets Q after 6 hours. What is the speed of car P?
27. A fair price shopkeeper takes 10% profit on his goods. He lost 20% goods during theft. His loss percent is:
28. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
29. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is?
30. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
31. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
32. A 270 m long train running at the speed of 120 km/hr crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 km/hr in 9 sec. What is the length of the other train?
33. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?
34. The number of new words that can be formed by rearranging the letters of the word 'ALIVE' is -.
35. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
36. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
37. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
38. The average salary of workers in an industry is Rs.200 the average salary of technicians being Rs.400 and that of non-technicians being Rs.125. What is the total number of workers?
39. Every year an amount increases by 1/8th of itself. How much will it be after two years if its present value is Rs.64000?
40. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
41. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
42. A boy has nine trousers and 12 shirts. In how many different ways can he select a trouser and a shirt?
43. If y3 = 0.008, y5 = ?
44. The average of first 10 even numbers is?
45. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
46. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
47. 9000 + 16 2/3 % of ? = 10500
48. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
49. If x is the interest on y and y is the interest on z, the rate and time is the
same on both the cases. What is the relation between x, y and z?
50. A and B complete a work in 6 days. A alone can do it in 10 days. If both together can do the work in how many days?