Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
2. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
3. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
4. How much time will a train of length 200 m moving at a speed of 72 kmph take to cross another train of length 300 m, moving at 36 kmph in the same direction?
5. The least square number which divides 8, 12 and 18 is?
6. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
7. If the price of an article went up by 20%, then by what percent should it be brought down to bring it back to its original price?
8. The length and breadth of a rectangle is increased by 10% and 25% respectively. What is the increase in the area?
9. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
10. How much 60% of 50 is greater than 40% of 30?
11. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
12. Find the lowest common multiple of 24, 36 and 40.
13. The average of first 10 even numbers is?
14. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
15. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
16. A certain sum of money is invested for one year at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is 3% higher, then the invest earned will be 25% more than the interest earned earlier. What is the earlier rate of interest?
17. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
18. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs. 225 for it, the cost price of the bicycle for A is:
19. 64 is what percent of 80?
20. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
21. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
22. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
23. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
24. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
25. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
26. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
27. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
28. Find the lowest 4-digit number which when divided by 3, 4 or 5 leaves a remainder of 2 in each case?
29. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
30. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
31. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
32. After allowing a discount of 15% on the marked price, the selling price is Rs. 6800 for an article. If it was sold at marked price, there would have been a profit of 60%. The cost price of the article is?
33. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
LCM of 18 and 27 is:
35. I. a3 - 988 = 343, II. b2 - 72 = 49 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
36. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
37. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. What percent of 120 are 90?
40. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
41. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
42. In a pair of fractions, fraction A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25. What is the value of fraction A?
43. The area of a square is equal to five times the area of a rectangle of dimensions 125 cm * 64 cm. What is the perimeter of the square?
44. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
45. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that all the three show the same number on them is -.
46. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
47. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
48. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. A third pipe C can drain off 45 liters of water per minute. If all the pipes are opened, the tank can be filled in 15 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank?
49. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is:
50. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?