Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
2. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
3. Jacob brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
4. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
5. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
6. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
7. A brick measures 20 cm * 10 cm * 7.5 cm how many bricks will be required for a wall 25 m * 2 m * 0.75 m?
8. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
9. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
10. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
11. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?
12. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
13. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
14. A can do a piece of work in 4 days. B can do it in 5 days. With the assistance of C they completed the work in 2 days. Find in how many days can C alone do it?
15. The fourth proportional to 12, 14 and 18 is?
16. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
17. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
18. The present ages of three persons are in proportions 4:7:9. Eight years ago, the sum of their ages was 56. Find their present ages.
19. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
20. Raj invested an amount of Rs.17400 for two years. Find the rate of compound interest that will fetch him an amount of Rs.1783.50 at the end of two years?
21. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
22. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
23. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
24. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
25. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
26. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
27. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
28. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
29. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
30. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
31. A and B started business in partnership investing Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. After six months, C joined them with Rs. 20,000. What will be B's share in the total profit of Rs. 25,000 earned at the end of 2 years from the starting of the business?
32. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
33. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
34. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
35. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
36. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
37. The difference between compound and simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 6 2/3% p.a is Rs.184. Find the sum?
38. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?
39. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
40. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
41. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
42. 12 3/4 * (1 2/17 / 8 1/6) / 5 4/3 = ?
43. The ratio of the number of ladies to gents at a party was 1:2 but when 2 ladies and 2 gents left, the ratio became 1:3. How many people were at the party originally?
mean proportional between 4 and 9 is?
45. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
46. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
47. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are all blue?
48. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
49. Find the greatest number of four digits which when divided by 10, 15, 21 and 28 leaves 4, 9, 15 and 22 as remainders respectively?
50. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?