Time Left: 00:50:00
1. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
2. The numerator of a certain fraction is 8 less than the denominator. If 3 is added to the numerator and 3 is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the original fraction?
3. Solve the equation for x : 6x - 27 + 3x = 4 + 9 - x
4. A train moves fast a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 sec and 20 sec respectively. What is the speed of the train?
5. The sum of the ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
6. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
7. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
8. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
9. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
10. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
11. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
12. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
13. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
14. A shopkeeper sells two articles at Rs.1000 each, making a profit of 20% on the first article and a loss of 20% on the second article. Find the net profit or loss that he makes?
15. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
16. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
17. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
18. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
19. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
20. Find the greatest number of four digits which when divided by 10, 15, 21 and 28 leaves 4, 9, 15 and 22 as remainders respectively?
21. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
22. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
23. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
24. 1095/1168 when expressed in simplest form is:
25. The perimeter of a triangle is 28 cm and the inradius of the triangle is 2.5 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
26. 8.008 + 0.8 + 80.8 + 800.8 + 0.08 = ?
27. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that exactly three bulbs are good.
28. By selling 150 mangoes, a fruit-seller gains the selling price of 30 mangoes. Find the gain percent?
29. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that all the four bulbs are defective.
30. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
31. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
32. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
33. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
34. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
35. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
36. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
37. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
40. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
41. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
42. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
43. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
44. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
45. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
46. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
47. A man walked 20 m to cross a rectangular field diagonally. If the length of the field is 16 cm. Find the breadth of the field is?
48. If the cost price of 12 pens is equal to the selling price of 8 pens, the gain percent is:
49. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 m long and traveling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 sec is?
50. The proportion of copper and zinc in the brass is 13:7. How much zinc will there be in 100 kg of brass?