Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
2. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
3. Sixty men can stitch 200 shirts in 30 days working 8 hours a day. In how many days can 45 men stitch 300 shirts working 6 hours a day?
4. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
5. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
6. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
7. The speed of a boat in upstream is 60 kmph and the speed of the boat downstream is 80 kmph. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the stream?
8. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
9. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
10. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
11. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
12. The radius of a cylinder is 2 r units and height is 3 r units. Find the curved surface?
13. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
14. If a number is subtracted from its square we get 272. Find the number?
15. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
16. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x:y is equal to:
17. How many numbers up to 200 are divisible by 2 and 3 both?
18. (272/4-3)-5/6 = ?
19. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
20. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
21. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
22. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
23. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
24. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
25. 45 men working 8 hours per day dig 30 m deep. How many extra men should be put to dig to a depth of 50 m working 6 hours per day?
26. By selling 12 toffees for a rupee, a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should be sell to get a gain of 20%?
27. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?
28. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
29. (332% of 2113) / 42 = ?
30. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
31. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
32. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
33. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
34. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
35. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
36. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
37. (800 / 64) * (1296 / 36) = ?
38. A reduction of 25% in the price of oil enables a house wife to obtain 5kgs more for Rs.800, what is the reduced price for kg?
39. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
40. If population of certain city increases at the rate of 5%. If population in 1981 was 138915, then population in 1978 was?
41. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
42. Two trains are moving at 50 kmph and 70 kmph in opposite directions. Their lengths are 150 m and 100 m respectively. The time they will take to pass each other
43. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
44. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
45. The ratio of two natural numbers is 5:6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
46. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
47. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
48. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
49. A certain sum amounts to Rs.1725 in 3 years and Rs.1875 in 5 years. Find the rate
% per annum?
50. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?