Time Left: 00:50:00
1. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
2. Aman started a business investing Rs. 70,000. Rakhi joined him after six months with an amount of Rs. 1,05,000 and Sagar joined them with Rs. 1.4 lakhs after another six months. The amount of profit earned should be distributed in what ratio among Aman, Rakhi and Sagar respectively, 3 years after Aman started the business?
3. A money lender lends Rs.2000 for six months at 20% p.a. rate. It the interest is reckoned quarterly than find the amount given after time limit.
4. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
5. Three persons invested Rs.9000 in a joint business. The second person invested Rs.1000 more than the first and the third Rs.1000 more than second. After two
years, they gained Rs.5400. How much third person will get?
6. A and B start a business jointly. A invests Rs.16000 for 8 months and B remains in the business for 4 months. Out of the total profit B claims 2/7th share. How
much money is contributed by B?
7. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that all the three show the same number on them is -.
8. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
9. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
10. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
11. 80 is what percent of 64?
12. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
13. A question paper consists of five problems, each problem having three internal choices. In how many ways can a candidate attempt one or more problems?
14. The perimeter of one square is 48 cm and that of another is 20 cm. Find the perimeter and the diagonal of a square which is equal in area to these two
15. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
18. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
19. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at Cost Price but still gets 20% profit by using a false weight. What weight does he substitute for a kilogram?
20. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
21. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
22. By selling 12 pencils for a rupee a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should he sell in order to gain 20%?
23. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
24. A is twice as good a work man as B and together they finish the work in 14 days. In how many days A alone can finish the work?
25. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
26. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
27. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
28. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
29. 10 books are placed at random in a shelf. The probability that a pair of books will always be together is -.
30. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
31. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
32. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
33. Ravi invested certain amount for two rates of simple interests at 6% p.a. and 7% p.a. What is the ratio of Ravi's investments if the interests from those investments are equal?
34. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
35. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
36. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is?
37. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5%?
40. A sum of money deposited at C.I. amounts to Rs.2420 in 2 years and to Rs.2662 in 3 years. Find the rate percent?
41. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
42. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
43. (4300731) - ? = 2535618
44. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
45. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
46. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
47. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
48. Rs.1200 divided among P, Q and R. P gets half of the total amount received by Q and R. Q gets one-third of the total amount received by P and R. Find the amount received by R?
49. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
50. What percent of 120 are 90?