Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A person spends 1/5th of his income on the education of his children, and 20% of the remaining on food. If he is left with Rs.576 find his income?
2. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
3. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
4. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
5. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
6. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
9. If the cost price of 50 articles is equal to the selling price of 40 articles, then the gain or loss percent is?
10. (8x9 / 27y-6)-2/3 = ?
11. The current of a stream at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the
starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat in still water is?
12. Ram's age and Shyam's age are in the ratio 3:4. Seven years ago the ratio of their ages was 2:3. Find the ratio of their ages five years hence?
13. A man can row 30 km downstream and 20 km upstream in 4 hours. He can row 45 km downstream and 40 km upstream in 7 hours. Find the speed of man in still water?
14. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
15. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
16. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
17. The sale price sarees listed for Rs.400 after successive discount is 10% and 5% is?
18. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
19. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
20. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
21. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
22. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
23. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
24. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
25. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
26. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
27. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
28. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 min and 75 min respectively. There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it. If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 min. In how much time, the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
29. Pipe A can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank be filled?
30. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
33. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
34. Three numbers are in the ratio 3:4:5 and their L.C.M is 2400. Their H.C.F is:
35. The diameter of a cylindrical tin is 6cm and height is 5 cm. Find the volume of the cylinder?
36. Two trains of length 120 m and 280 m are running towards each other on parallel lines at 42 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. In what time will they be clear of each other from the moment they meet?
37. A man walked 20 m to cross a rectangular field diagonally. If the length of the field is 16 cm. Find the breadth of the field is?
38. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
39. The ratio of two natural numbers is 5:6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
40. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
41. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal to 6 times the other. The bigger of the two numbers is:
42. If the sides of a cube are in the ratio 4:3. What is the ratio of their diagonals?
43. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
44. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
45. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% but its consumption is increased by 10%. Find the decrease percent in the revenue derived from it?
46. On an order of 5 dozen boxes of a consumer product, a retailer receives an extra dozen free. This is equivalent to allowing him a discount of:
47. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
48. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
49. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. He worked for 15 days and then B completed the remaining work in 10 days. Both of them together will finish it in.
50. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?