Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
2. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
3. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
4. 12.5 + 10 1/4 of 100 ÷ 10% of 10 = ?
5. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
6. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?
7. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
8. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
9. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a rate of S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
10. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
11. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
12. The present average age of a family of five members is 26 years. If the present age of the youngest member in the family is ten years, then what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member ? (Assume no death occurred in the family since the birth of the youngest)
13. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 37 1/2 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened. The cistern will be filled in just half an hour, if the pipe B is turned off after?
14. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
15. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
16. 79.98 / 12.51 * 2.49 = ?
17. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
18. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
19. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
20. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
21. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
22. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
23. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
24. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
26. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
27. Twenty four men can do a work in 35 days. How many men are required to complete the work in 21 days?
28. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
29. The simple interest on Rs.12000 at a certain rate of interest in five years is Rs.7200. Find the compound interest on the same amount for five years at the same rate of interest.
30. 2222.2 + 222.22 + 22.222 = ?
31. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
32. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
33. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
34. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
35. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
36. Two trains of equal lengths take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a telegraph post. If the length of each train be 120 m, in what time will they cross other travelling in opposite direction?
37. Anil can do a work in 15 days while Sunil can do it in 25 days. How long will they take if both work together?
38. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5:4. If the income of the person is Rs.18000, then find his savings?
39. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
40. On the independence day, bananas were be equally distributed among the children in a school so that each child would get two bananas. On the particular day 360 children were absent and as a result each child got two extra bananas. Find the actual number of children in the school?
41. Ram professes to sell his goods at the cost price but he made use of 900 grms instead of a kg, what is the gain percent?
42. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
43. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
44. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
45. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. After how much time will the trains meet?
46. (180/37 of 14.8) / (17/60.1 of 180.30) = ?
47. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
48. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?