Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The denominator of a fraction is 1 less than twice the numerator. If the numerator and denominator are both increased by 1, the fraction becomes 3/5. Find the fraction?
2. The present average age of a family of five members is 26 years. If the present age of the youngest member in the family is ten years, then what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member ? (Assume no death occurred in the family since the birth of the youngest)
3. 2/3 * 5 1/2 * 2 * 7 5/6 * 9/11 = ?
4. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
5. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
6. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
7. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
8. The ratio of the length and the breadth of a rectangle is 4 : 3 and the area of the rectangle is 6912 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the area of the rectangle?
9. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. His average speed for the entire trip is approximately?
10. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
11. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
12. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
13. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
14. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
15. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 30 days and C and A in 36 days. In how many days will the work be completed, if all three of them work together?
16. (84 ÷ 14 ÷ 2 ÷ 9) * ? = 33⅓
17. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
18. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
19. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
20. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
21. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
22. The average salary per head of the entire staff of an office including the officers and clerks is Rs.90. The average salary of officers is Rs.600 and that of the clerks is Rs.84. If the number of officers is 2, find the number of officers in the office?
23. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
24. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
25. If P gets 25% more than Q, then by what percent does Q get less than P?
26. If the area of circle is 616 sq cm then its circumference?
27. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
28. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
29. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
30. If the simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at 5% per annum is Rs. 50, what is the compound interest on the same sum at the rate and for the same time?
31. A sum of Rs. 125000 amounts to Rs. 15500 in 4 years at the rate of simple interest. What is the rate of interest?
32. Anil can do a work in 15 days while Sunil can do it in 25 days. How long will they take if both work together?
33. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
34. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
35. What is the sum of all even numbers from 1 to 701?
36. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
37. Difference between two numbers is 5, six times of the smaller lacks by 6 from the four times of the greater. Find the numbers?
38. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounted Rs.840 in 10 years at 3% per annum, find the sum?
39. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
40. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
41. In what time a sum of money double itself at 3% per annum simple interest?
42. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
43. A bank offers 5% C.I. calculated on half-yearly basis . A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is?
44. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
45. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
46. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
47. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
48. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
49. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
50. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. A third pipe C can drain off 45 liters of water per minute. If all the pipes are opened, the tank can be filled in 15 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank?