Time Left: 00:50:00
1. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
2. Seats for Mathematics, Physics and Biology in a school are in the ratio 5:7:8. There is a proposal to increase these seats by 40%, 50% and 75% respectively. What will be the ratio of increased seats?
3. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days and 13 men together will 24 boys can do it in 4 days. Compare the daily work done by a man with that of a boy.
4. Alok ordered 16 chapatis, 5 plates of rice, 7 plates of mixed vegetable and 6 ice-cream cups. The cost of each chapati is Rs.6, that of each plate of rice is Rs.45 and that of mixed vegetable is Rs.70. The amount that Alok paid the cashier was Rs.961. Find the cost of each ice-cream cup?
5. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
6. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
7. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
8. Robert is traveling on his cycle and has calculated to reach point A at 2 p.m. if he travels at 10 km/hr; he will reach there at 12 noon if he travels at 15 km/hr. At what speed must he travel to reach A at 1 p.m.?
9. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
10. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
11. 12 3/4 * (1 2/17 / 8 1/6) / 5 4/3 = ?
12. The average of first 10 odd numbers is?
13. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
14. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5:2:4:3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
15. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
16. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in?
17. The length of the longest rod that can fit in a cubical room of 4 m side is?
18. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
19. Two trains start from P and Q respectively and travel towards each other at a speed of 50 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively. By the time they meet, the first train has traveled 100 km more than the second. The distance between P and Q is?
20. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
21. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
22. A rectangular field 30 m long and 20 m broad. How much deep it should be dug so that from the earth taken out, a platform can be formed which is 8 m long, 5.5 m broad and 1.5 m high where as the earth taken out is increase by 10/5?
23. By selling an article at Rs.800, a shopkeeper makes a profit of 25%. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a loss of 25%?
24. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
25. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. Find the length of the train.
26. 5/8 * 2(2/5 - 5/4) / 1 1/4 = ?
27. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
28. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
29. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digit is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1:2?
30. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
31. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
32. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
33. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
34. H.C.F of 3240, 3600 and a third number is 36 and their L.C.M is 24 * 35 * 52 * 72. The third number is:
35. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
36. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
37. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
38. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
39. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
40. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
41. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
42. Four car rental agencies A, B, C and D rented a plot for parking their cars during the night. A parked 15 cars for 12 days, B parked 12 cars for 20 days, C parked 18 cars for 18 days and D parked 16 cars for 15 days. If A paid Rs. 1125 as rent for parking his cars, what is the total rent paid by all the four agencies?
43. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
44. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
45. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
46. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
47. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
48. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
49. How many numbers up to 100 are divisible by 7?
50. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 4 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 9 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?