Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Divide Rs.32000 in the ratio 3:5?
2. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
3. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and of the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What is the last numbers?
4. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
5. What is the rate percent when the simple interest on Rs.800 amount to Rs.160 in 4 Years?
6. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
7. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
8. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
9. If the cost price of 50 articles is equal to the selling price of 40 articles, then the gain or loss percent is?
10. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
11. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
12. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
13. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
14. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
15. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
16. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
17. The simple interest on Rs.12000 at a certain rate of interest in five years is Rs.7200. Find the compound interest on the same amount for five years at the same rate of interest.
18. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
19. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
20. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
21. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
22. If the sum of the two numbers is 22 and the sum of their squares is 404, then the product of the numbers is:
23. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
24. A train moves fast a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 sec and 20 sec respectively. What is the speed of the train?
25. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
26. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
27. How much 60% of 50 is greater than 40% of 30?
28. In how many ways can live boys and three girls sit in a row such that all boys sit together?
29. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
30. A basket has 5 apples and 4 oranges. Three fruits are picked at random. The probability that at least 2 apples are picked is -.
31. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
32. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
33. A and B can finish a work in 16 days while A alone can do the same work in 24 days. In how many days B alone will complete the work?
34. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
35. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
36. Find the greatest number which, while dividing 19, 83 and 67, gives a remainder of 3 in each case?
37. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
38. A can run a kilometer race in 4 1/2 min while B can run same race in 5 min. How many meters start can A give B in a kilometer race, so that the race mat end in a dead heat?
39. Find the principle on a certain sum of money at 5% per annum for 2 2/5 years if the amount being Rs.1120?
40. If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
41. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
42. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
43. Three numbers are in the ratio 1:2:3 and their H.C.F is 12. The numbers are:
44. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
45. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
46. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
47. The perimeter of a triangle is 28 cm and the inradius of the triangle is 2.5 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
48. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
49. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
50. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in?