Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The difference between simple and compound interests compounded annually on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 4% per annum is Re. 1. The sum (in Rs. ) is?
2. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
3. 85% of a number is added to 24, the result is the same number. Find the number?
4. A jogger running at 9 km/hr along side a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
5. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
6. The H.C.F of two numbers is 11 and their L.C.M is 7700. If one of the numbers is 275, then the other is:
7. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
10. A property decreases in value every year at the rate of 6 1/4% of its value at the beginning of the year its value at the end of 3 years was Rs.21093. Find
its value at the beginning of the first year?
11. (24 * 5 * 7 * 9) / ? = 216
12. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
13. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
14. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
15. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
16. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
17. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
18. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
19. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
20. A and B entered into a partnership investing Rs.25000 and Rs.30000 respectively. After 4 months C also joined the business with an investment of Rs.35000. What
is the share of C in an annual profit of Rs.47000?
21. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
22. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
23. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
24. How many three letter words are formed using the letters of the word TIME?
25. Twenty times a positive integer is less than its square by 96. What is the integer?
26. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
27. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
28. A certain sum becomes Rs. 20720 in four years and 24080 in six years at simple interest. Find sum and rate of interest?
29. How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
30. The smallest ratio out of 1:1, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1 is?
31. Two trains of length 120 m and 280 m are running towards each other on parallel lines at 42 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. In what time will they be clear of each other from the moment they meet?
32. If x = √3 - √2, then find (x - 1/x)2
33. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
34. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
35. Which of the following is the greatest?
36. A, B and C invests Rs.2000, Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 in a business. After one year A removed his money; B and C continued the business for one more year. If the net
profit after 2 years be Rs.3200, then A's share in the profit is?
37. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?
38. Rs.4500 amounts to Rs.5544 in two years at compound interest, compounded annually. If the rate of the interest for the first year is 12%, find the rate of interest for the second year?
39. A train 240 m in length crosses a telegraph post in 16 seconds. The speed of the train is?
40. In what time will Rs.4000 lent at 3% per annum on simple interest earn as much interest as Rs.5000 will earn in 5 years at 4% per annum on simple interest?
41. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
42. A shopkeeper sells two articles at Rs.1000 each, making a profit of 20% on the first article and a loss of 20% on the second article. Find the net profit or loss that he makes?
43. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
44. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
45. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
46. A basket has 5 apples and 4 oranges. Three fruits are picked at random. The probability that at least 2 apples are picked is -.
47. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
48. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
49. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
50. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?