Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A garrison of 400 men had a provision for 31 days. After 28 days 280 persons re-enforcement leave the garrison. Find the number of days for which the remaining ration will be sufficient?
2. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
3. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
4. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
5. The simple interest on Rs.12000 at a certain rate of interest in five years is Rs.7200. Find the compound interest on the same amount for five years at the same rate of interest.
6. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
7. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
8. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
9. 4500 * ? = 3375
10. A lends Rs. 2500 to B and a certain to C at the same time at 7% p.a. simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1120 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is?
11. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
12. A large tanker can be filled by two pipes A and B in 60 and 40 minutes respectively. How many minutes will it take to fill the tanker from empty state if B is used for half the time and A and B fill it together for the other half?
13. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
14. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
15. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?
16. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
17. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is:
18. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
19. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
20. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
21. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
22. Two trains of equal lengths are running at speeds of 30 kmph and 60 kmph. The two trains crossed each other in 30 seconds when travelling in opposite direction. In what time will they cross each other when travelling in the same direction?
23. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
24. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
25. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. A sum of Rs. 2665 is lent into two parts so that the interest on the first part for 8 years at 3% per annum may be equal to the interest on the second part for 3 years at 5% per annum. Find the second sum?
28. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
29. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
30. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
31. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
32. Anil spends 40% of his income on rent, 30% of the remaining on medicines and 20% of the remaining on education. If he saves Rs. 840 every month, then find his monthly salary?
33. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
34. (3-3 * 95/2) / (272/3 * 3-4) = ?
35. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
36. An article is bought for Rs.675 and sold for Rs.900, find the gain percent?
37. Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time which they take to cross each other is?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
40. The slant height of a cone is 12 cm and radius of the base is 4cm, find the curved surface of the cone.
41. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
42. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
43. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
44. A person purchases 90 clocks and sells 40 clocks at a gain of 10% and 50 clocks at a gain of 20%. If he sold all of them at a uniform profit of 15%, then he would have got Rs. 40 less. The cost price of each clock is:
45. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
46. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
47. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
48. A shopkeeper loses 15%,if an article is sold for Rs. 102. What should be the selling price of the article to gain 20%?
49. A person purchased a TV set for Rs. 16000 and a DVD player for Rs. 6250. He sold both the items together for Rs. 31150. What percentage of profit did he make?
50. 105.126 * 35.201 - 90.23 * 3 + 55.11 * 27.01 = ?