Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
2. A man was employed on the promise that he will be paid the highest wages per day. The contract money to be paid was Rs. 1189. Finally he was paid only Rs. 1073. For how many days did he actually work?
3. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
4. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
5. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
6. Roja and Pooja start moving in the opposite directions from a pole. They are moving at the speeds of 2 km/hr and 3 km/hr respectively. After 4 hours what will be the distance between them?
7. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
8. The difference between simple and compound interest on Rs. 1200 for one year at 10% per annum reckoned half-yearly is?
9. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
10. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
11. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q -r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
12. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
13. (50 - ?/29)% of 4200 = 3√196
14. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
15. A can do a piece of work in 10 days. He works at it for 4 days and then B finishes it in 9 days. In how many days can A and B together finish the work?
16. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
17. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
18. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
19. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1:2:3. If there are Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
20. 36 * 48 ÷ 64 + 36 ÷ 12 = ?
21. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
22. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
23. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
24. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
25. A large tanker can be filled by two pipes A and B in 60 and 40 minutes respectively. How many minutes will it take to fill the tanker from empty state if B is used for half the time and A and B fill it together for the other half?
26. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
27. How many three letter words are formed using the letters of the word TIME?
28. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
29. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is:
30. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
31. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
32. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?
33. P is three times as fast as Q and working together, they can complete a work in 12 days. In how many days can Q alone complete the work?
34. A is faster than B. A and B each walk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 km/hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, A's speed is equal to?
35. Jacob brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
36. Pipe A can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank be filled?
37. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
38. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
39. A shopkeeper sells 400 metres of cloth for Rs. 18000 at a loss of Rs.5 per metre. Find his cost price for one metre of cloth?
40. A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and there by decreases his average by 0.4. The number age of the family now is:
41. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
42. (1.9 * 0.021) / (0.095 * 0.105) = ?
43. Simple interest on a sum at 4% per annum for 2 years is Rs.80. The C.I. on the same sum for the same period is?
44. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
45. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
46. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
47. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
48. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
49. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
50. 8/15 / 1 1/3 * 3 ?/4 = 1.5