Time Left: 00:50:00
1. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
2. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
3. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
4. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
5. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
6. A trader marked the price of a car 20% above the cost price and allowed the purchaser 5% discount on the marked price there by gained Rs.8400. Find the cost price of the car?
7. Simplify the following equation
[(p - q)2 - (p + q)2] / 4p = b/a
8. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
9. Mahesh marks an article 15% above the cost price of Rs. 540. What must be his discount percentage if he sells it at Rs. 496.80?
10. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
11. The average age of M boys is ‘b’ years and of ‘n’ girls ‘c’ years. The average age of all together is?
12. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
13. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
14. Jacob brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
15. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
18. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
19. Two trains of length 120 m and 280 m are running towards each other on parallel lines at 42 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. In what time will they be clear of each other from the moment they meet?
20. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
21. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. Find the length of the train.
22. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
23. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?
24. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
25. A man can row 30 km downstream and 20 km upstream in 4 hours. He can row 45 km downstream and 40 km upstream in 7 hours. Find the speed of man in still water?
26. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
27. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
28. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
29. All the water in container A which was filled to its brim was poured into two containers B and C. The quantity of water in container B was 62.5% less than the capacity of container A. If 148 liters was now transferred from C to B, then both the containers would have equal quantities of water. What was the initial quantity of water in container A?
30. Rs. 1300 is divided into three parts A, B and C. How much A is more than C if their ratio is 1/2:1/3:1/4?
31. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
32. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
33. A sum of money amounts to Rs. 9800 after 5 years and Rs. 12005 after 8 years at the same rate of simple interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
34. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
35. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
36. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
37. The average height of 35 boys in a class was calculated as 180cm. It has later found that the height of one of the boys in the class was wrongly written as 166 cm whereas his actual height was 106 cm. Find the actual average height of the boys in the class (Round off your answer to two decimal places).
38. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
39. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
40. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
41. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?
42. If a trader sold two cars each at Rs. 325475 and gains 12% on the first and loses 12% on the second, then his profit or loss percent on the whole is?
43. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
44. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
45. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
46. A 25 cm wide path is to be made around a circular garden having a diameter of 4 meters. Approximate area of the path is square meters is
47. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
48. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
49. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
50. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to
the starting point in 2 hours, then find the speed of the boat in still water?