Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
2. The difference between simple and compound interest on Rs. 1200 for one year at 10% per annum reckoned half-yearly is?
3. How many numbers up to 100 are divisible by 7?
4. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
5. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
6. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
7. Two cars cover the same distance at the speed of 60 and 64 kmps respectively. Find the distance traveled by them if the slower car takes 1 hour more than the
8. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
9. A number exceeds by 25 from its 3/8 part. Then the number is?
10. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?
11. The number of new words that can be formed by rearranging the letters of the word 'ALIVE' is -.
12. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
13. If x;Y = 5:2, then (8x + 9y):(8x + 2y) is :
14. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
15. I. 9a2 + 18a + 5 = 0, II. 2b2 + 13b + 20 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
16. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
17. Three numbers are in the ratio 3:4:5 and their L.C.M is 2400. Their H.C.F is:
18. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
19. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
Find the smallest number which when increased by 5, divisible by 6, 9, 15, 20 and 24?
23. 106 * 106 - 94 * 94 = ?
24. A person purchased a TV set for Rs. 16000 and a DVD player for Rs. 6250. He sold both the items together for Rs. 31150. What percentage of profit did he make?
25. Two cars P and Q start at the same time from A and B which are 120 km apart. If the two cars travel in opposite directions, they meet after one hour and if they travel in same direction (from A towards B), then P meets Q after 6 hours. What is the speed of car P?
26. The perimeter of a triangle is 28 cm and the inradius of the triangle is 2.5 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
27. A garrison of 400 men had a provision for 31 days. After 28 days 280 persons re-enforcement leave the garrison. Find the number of days for which the remaining ration will be sufficient?
28. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
29. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
30. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
31. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
32. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
33. The length of the rectangular field is double its width. Inside the field there is square shaped pond 8m long. If the area of the pond is 1/8 of the area of the field. What is the length of the field?
34. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that all the three show the same number on them is -.
35. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
36. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
37. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
38. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
39. (50 - ?/29)% of 4200 = 3√196
40. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
41. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
42. Find the greatest number which, while dividing 19, 83 and 67, gives a remainder of 3 in each case?
43. The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 52. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is:
44. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
45. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
46. A rectangular field has area equal to 150 sq m and perimeter 50 m. Its length and breadth must be?
47. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
48. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
49. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
50. The value of a machine depreciates at 20% per annum. If its present value is Rs. 1,50,000, at what price should it be sold after two years such that a profit of Rs. 24,000 is made?