Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
2. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
3. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
4. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
5. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
6. If 12 men do a work in 80 days, in how many days will 16 men do it?
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
9. A and B together can complete a work in 12 days. A alone can complete it in 20 days. If B does the work only for half a day daily, then in how many days A and B together will complete the work?
10. What is the greater of the two numbers whose product is 2560, given that the sum of the two numbers exceeds their difference by 64?
11. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
12. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
13. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
14. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
15. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
16. The volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1 : 10 and the radii of the cones are in the ratio of 1 : 2. What is the length of the wire?
17. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
18. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
19. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
20. In what time a sum of money double itself at 3% per annum simple interest?
21. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
22. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
23. The duplicate ratio of 3:4 is?
24. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
25. In a covering a certain distance, the speeds of A and B are in the ratio of 3:4. A takes 30 minutes more than B to reach the destination. The time taken by A to reach the destination is?
26. 43% of 784 = ?
27. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
28. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
29. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
30. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
31. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
32. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so
as to gain 20% on his outlay?
33. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
34. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
35. Two trains are moving at 50 kmph and 70 kmph in opposite directions. Their lengths are 150 m and 100 m respectively. The time they will take to pass each other
36. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
37. (1000)9/1024 = ?
38. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
39. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
40. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
41. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
42. Find the highest common factor of 36 and 84.
43. If Rs.7500 are borrowed at C.I at the rate of 4% per annum, then after 2 years the amount to be paid is?
44. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
45. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
46. 421 * 0.9 + 130 * 101 + 10000 = ?
47. A, B and C enter into partnership. A invests some money at the beginning, B invests double the amount after 6 months, and C invests thrice the amount after
8 months. If the annual gain be Rs.18000. A's share is?
48. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
49. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
50. A and B put in Rs.300 and Rs.400 respectively into a business. A reinvests into the business his share of the first year's profit of Rs.210 where as B does not. In what ratio should they divide the second year's profit?