Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
2. A person purchases 90 clocks and sells 40 clocks at a gain of 10% and 50 clocks at a gain of 20%. If he sold all of them at a uniform profit of 15%, then he would have got Rs. 40 less. The cost price of each clock is:
3. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
4. A sum of money place at compound interest doubles itself in 4 years. In how many years will it amount to eight times itself?
5. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
6. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
7. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
8. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
9. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
10. 7394 - 1236 - 4652 = ?
11. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
12. If in a box of dimensions 6 m * 5 m * 4 m smaller boxes of dimensions 60 cm * 50 cm * 40 cm are kept in it, then what will be the maximum number of the small boxes that can be kept in it?
13. Divide Rs. 1500 among A, B and C so that A receives 1/3 as much as B and C together and B receives 2/3 as A and C together. A's share is?
14. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
15. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
16. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
17. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
18. The L.C.M of two numbers is 48. The numbers are in the ratio 2:3. The sum of numbers is:
19. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
20. The ratio of the present age of two brothers is 1:2 and 5 years back, the ratio was 1:3. What will be the ratio of their ages after 5 years?
21. The average salary of all the workers in a workshop is Rs. 8000. The average salary of 7 technicians is Rs. 12000 and the average salary of the rest is Rs. 6000. The total number of workers in the workshop is:
22. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
23. (830 + ? * 3 * 14 / 100) - (830 * 14 * 3 / 100) = 20.16
24. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
25. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
26. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
27. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
28. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
29. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is:
30. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
31. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
32. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
33. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
34. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
35. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
36. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
37. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance traveled by him is?
38. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
39. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
40. 106 * 106 - 94 * 94 = ?
41. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
42. A, B and C can do a work in 6 days, 8 days and 12 days respectively. In how many days can all three of them working together, complete the work?
43. Find the number which multiplied by 15 is increased by 196.
44. A 25 cm wide path is to be made around a circular garden having a diameter of 4 meters. Approximate area of the path is square meters is
45. Difference between two numbers is 5, six times of the smaller lacks by 6 from the four times of the greater. Find the numbers?
46. A bag contains equal number of Rs.5, Rs.2 and Re.1 coins. If the total amount in the bag is Rs.1152, find the number of coins of each kind?
47. A student scored an average of 80 marks in 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. If the average marks in Physics and Mathematics is 90 and that in Physics and Chemistry is 70, what are the marks in Physics?
48. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
49. How much more would Rs.20000 fetch, after two years, if it is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable half yearly than if is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable yearly?
50. The edges of a cuboid are 4 cm, 5 cm and 6 cm. Find the volume of the cuboid?