Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train 400 m long can cross an electric pole in 20 sec and then find the speed of the train?
2. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
3. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
4. What number has a 5:1 ratio to the number 10?
5. A drink vendor has 80 liters of Maaza, 144 liters of Pepsi and 368 liters of Sprite. He wants to pack them in cans, so that each can contains the same number of liters of a drink, and doesn't want to mix any two drinks in a can. What is the least number of cans required?
6. The average age of M boys is ‘b’ years and of ‘n’ girls ‘c’ years. The average age of all together is?
7. If two positive numbers are in the ratio 1/8 : 1/5, then by what percent is the second number more than the first?
8. Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay "if you give me 'x' marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles". Vijay then told Ajay "if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would". Find 'x'?
9. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
10. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
11. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
12. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
13. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
14. The ratio of the number of ladies to gents at a party was 1:2 but when 2 ladies and 2 gents left, the ratio became 1:3. How many people were at the party originally?
15. Ramu rides his bike at an average speed of 45 km/hr and reaches his desitination in four hours. Somu covers the same distance in six hours. If Ramu covered his journey at an average speed which was 9 km/hr less and Somu covered his journey at an average speed which was 10 km/hr more, then the difference in their times taken to reach the destination would be (in minutes).
16. (84 ÷ 14 ÷ 2 ÷ 9) * ? = 33⅓
17. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
18. A car covers a distance of 624 km in 6 ½ hours. Find its speed?
19. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
20. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
21. How many times the keys of a typewriter have to be pressed in order to write first 400 counting numbers?
22. A, B and C start at the same time in the same direction to run around a circular stadium. A completes a round in 252 seconds, B in 308 seconds and C in 198 seconds, all starting at the same point. After what time will they meet again at the starting point?
The smallest number when increased by " 1 " is exactly divisible by 12, 18, 24, 32 and 40 is:
24. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
25. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
26. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
27. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
28. By selling 150 mangoes, a fruit-seller gains the selling price of 30 mangoes. Find the gain percent?
29. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
30. A can do a piece of work in 20 days. B in 15 days A and C in 12 days. In how many days can A finish the work if he is assisted by B on one day and C on the next, alternately?
31. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
32. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
33. Nitin borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first three years, 9% p.a. for the next five years and 13% p.a. for the period beyond eight years. If the total interest paid by him at the end of eleven years is Rs. 8160, how much money did he borrow?
34. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
35. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
36. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
37. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
38. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
39. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is?
40. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
41. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
42. Out of 10 persons working on a project, 4 are graduates. If 3 are selected, what is the probability that there is at least one graduate among them?
43. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
44. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
45. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
46. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
47. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?
48. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 min and 20 min respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but after 4 min, pipe A is turned off. What is the total time required to fill the tank?
49. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
50. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?