Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train crosses a platform of 150 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 250 m in 20 sec. then find the length of the train?
2. A train running at a speed of 36 kmph crosses an electric pole in 12 seconds. In how much time will it cross a 350 m long platform?
3. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
4. √3584 * 52.034 = ?
5. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
6. A sum of money amounts to Rs. 9800 after 5 years and Rs. 12005 after 8 years at the same rate of simple interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
7. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
8. In a series of six consecutive even numbers, the sum of the second and sixth numbers is 24. What is the fourth number?
9. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
10. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
11. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
12. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
13. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
14. I. x2 + 11x + 30 = 0, II. y2 + 15y + 56 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
15. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
16. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
17. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
18. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
19. A is faster than B. A and B each walk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 km/hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, A's speed is equal to?
20. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9:10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
21. What is the difference between the compound interest on Rs.12000 at 20% p.a. for one year when compounded yearly and half yearly?
22. If A got 80 marks and B got 60 marks, then what percent of A's mark is B's mark?
23. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
24. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
25. Two trains of length 120 m and 280 m are running towards each other on parallel lines at 42 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. In what time will they be clear of each other from the moment they meet?
26. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
27. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
28. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
29. A is twice as fast as B. If B alone can do a piece of work in 30 days, in what time can A and B together complete the work?
30. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
31. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
32. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
33. A can do a piece of work in 15 days and B in 20 days. They began the work together but 5 days before the completion of the work, A leaves. The work was
34. A sum of money becomes 7/6 of itself in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. The rate per annum is?
35. The ratio of the area of a square to that of the square drawn on its diagonal is?
36. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
37. 52 * 40.1 = ?
38. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
39. Difference between two numbers is 5, six times of the smaller lacks by 6 from the four times of the greater. Find the numbers?
40. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
41. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
42. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
43. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
44. A man can row with a speed of 15 kmph in still water. If the stream flows at 5
kmph, then the speed in downstream is?
45. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
46. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
47. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q -r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
48. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 2x2 + 5x + 2 = 0?
49. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
50. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?