Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
2. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
3. A, B and C start at the same time in the same direction to run around a circular stadium. A completes a round in 252 seconds, B in 308 seconds and C in 198 seconds, all starting at the same point. After what time will they meet again at the starting point?
4. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
5. The length of a rectangle is two - fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
6. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
7. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
8. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
9. A sun is divided among X, Y and Z in such a way that for each rupee X gets, Y gets 45 paisa and Z gets 30 paisa. If the share of Y is RS. 27, what is the
10. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
11. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
12. Solve the equation for x : 19(x + y) + 17 = 19(-x + y) - 21
13. The compound ratio of 2/3, 6/7, 1/3 and 1/8 is given by?
14. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
15. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
16. A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
17. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
18. The edges of cuboid are 4 cm; 5 cm and 6 cm. Find its surface area?
19. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
20. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
21. A man can row upstream at 25 kmph and downstream at 35 kmph, and then find the
speed of the man in still water?
22. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at Cost Price but still gets 20% profit by using a false weight. What weight does he substitute for a kilogram?
23. 80 is what percent of 64?
24. Find the greatest number which, while dividing 19, 83 and 67, gives a remainder of 3 in each case?
25. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
26. How much 60% of 50 is greater than 40% of 30?
27. (6 - 2 * 3 + 6) / (2 + 6 * 3 - 4) = ?
28. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
29. Two trains of equal lengths are running at speeds of 30 kmph and 60 kmph. The two trains crossed each other in 30 seconds when travelling in opposite direction. In what time will they cross each other when travelling in the same direction?
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
32. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
33. The diagonals of a rhombus are 15 cm and 20 cm. Find its area?
34. Which of the following is the greatest?
35. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
36. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
37. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
38. Simplify : (y4b-a . y4c-b . y4a-c) / (ya . yb . yc)3
39. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
40. H.C.F of 3240, 3600 and a third number is 36 and their L.C.M is 24 * 35 * 52 * 72. The third number is:
41. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
42. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
43. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
44. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
45. If x;Y = 5:2, then (8x + 9y):(8x + 2y) is :
46. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
47. The total age of A and B is 12 years more than the total age of B and C. C is how many years younger than A?
48. If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
49. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
50. If y3 = 0.008, y5 = ?