Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The smallest ratio out of 1:1, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1 is?
2. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
3. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
4. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
5. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.710 and a uniform after a year service. He served only for 8 months and got Rs.460 and a uniform. Find the price of the uniform?
6. 16.66% of 33.33% of 66.66% of ? = 30
7. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
8. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that the resultant numbers become proportional?
9. The speed of a train is 90 kmph. What is the distance covered by it in 10 minutes?
10. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
11. Two trains of equal lengths take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a telegraph post. If the length of each train be 120 m, in what time will they cross other travelling in opposite direction?
12. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is?
13. Ramu rides his bike at an average speed of 45 km/hr and reaches his desitination in four hours. Somu covers the same distance in six hours. If Ramu covered his journey at an average speed which was 9 km/hr less and Somu covered his journey at an average speed which was 10 km/hr more, then the difference in their times taken to reach the destination would be (in minutes).
14. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?
15. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
16. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
17. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest?
18. In how many ways can six members be selected from a group of ten members?
19. Pipe A can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank be filled?
20. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
21. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 50 and 512.
22. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
23. The volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1 : 10 and the radii of the cones are in the ratio of 1 : 2. What is the length of the wire?
24. 1: 3 = 1 2/3: x. The value of x is?
25. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
26. The edges of cuboid are 4 cm; 5 cm and 6 cm. Find its surface area?
27. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 7429 and of the last three is 12673. Find the fourth number?
28. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
29. After 38 liters of petrol were poured into the tank, it was still 5% empty. How much petrol must be poured into the tank in order to fill it?
30. 7589 - ? = 3434
31. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
32. I. x2 - x - 42 = 0, II. y2 - 17y + 72 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
33. The numerator of a certain fraction is 8 less than the denominator. If 3 is added to the numerator and 3 is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the original fraction?
34. By selling 150 mangoes, a fruit-seller gains the selling price of 30 mangoes. Find the gain percent?
35. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
36. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
37. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
38. Simplify the 121 * 175 + 363 * 275
39. (5 - 7)2 * (6 - 9)2 / (23)-2 = ?
40. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
41. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
42. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
43. 2/3 * 5 1/2 * 2 * 7 5/6 * 9/11 = ?
44. The radius of a semi circle is 6.3 cm then its perimeter is?
45. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
46. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
47. Sreedhar and Sravan together can do a work in 25 days. With the help of Pavan, they completed the work in 8 days and earned Rs. 225. What is the share of Sravan, if Sreedhar alone can do the work in 75 days?
48. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
49. In a group of 80 children and 10 youngsters, each child got sweets that are 15% of the total number of children and each youngster got sweets that are 25% of the total number of children. How many sweets were there?
50. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?