Time Left: 00:50:00
1. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
2. If x = √8 - √7, y = √6 - √5 and z = √10 - 3, which of the following is true?
3. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
4. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. Calculate the gain percent after allowing a discount of 12%?
5. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs. 225 for it, the cost price of the bicycle for A is:
6. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
7. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
8. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
9. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
10. The wheels revolve round a common horizontal axis. They make 15, 20 and 48 revolutions in a minute respectively. Starting with a certain point on the circumference down wards. After what interval of time will they come together
in the same position?
11. At what rate percent on simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 30 years?
12. The compound ratio of 5:6, 3:2 and 4:5?
13. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
14. Four bells begin to toll together respectively at the intervals of 8, 10, 12 and 16 seconds. After how many seconds will they toll together again?
15. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
16. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
17. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
18. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
19. If an article is sold at 19% profit instead of 12% profit, then the profit would be Rs. 105 more. What is the cost price?
20. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
21. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
22. Ram's age and Shyam's age are in the ratio 3 : 4. Seven years ago the ratio of their ages was 2: 3. Find the ratio of their ages five years hence?
23. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
24. If one-third of one fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
25. Sum of the digits number is 8 and their product is 12. Find the difference between the digits?
26. The perimeter of one square is 48 cm and that of another is 20 cm. Find the perimeter and the diagonal of a square which is equal in area to these two
27. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
28. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
29. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:
30. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
31. Find out the C.I on Rs.5000 at 4% p.a. compound half-yearly for 1 1/2 years.
32. 8.008 + 0.8 + 80.8 + 800.8 + 0.08 = ?
33. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
34. The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 52. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is:
35. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
36. If 70% of an equal to 40% of b, then ratio between a and b is?
37. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
38. 45% of 750 - 25% of 480 = ?
39. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
40. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
41. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
42. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
43. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
44. 52 * 40.1 = ?
45. 3 men, 4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days. A woman does double the work a man does and a child does half the work a man does. How many women alone can complete this work in 7 days?
46. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
47. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
48. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
49. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
50. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?