Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Rs.8000 become Rs.9261 in a certain interval of time at the rate of 5% per annum of C.I. Find the time?
2. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
3. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
4. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
5. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
6. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
7. If population of certain city increases at the rate of 5%. If population in 1981 was 138915, then population in 1978 was?
8. The cost of 2 chairs and 3 tables is Rs.1300. The cost of 3 chairs and 2 tables is Rs.1200. The cost of each table is more than that of each chair by?
9. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
10. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
11. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
12. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
13. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?
14. 40 is subtracted from 60% of a number, the result is 50. Find the number?
15. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
16. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
17. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
18. Find the number which multiplied by 15 is increased by 196.
19. A man can swim in still water at 4.5 km/h, but takes twice as long to swim
upstream than downstream. The speed of the stream is?
20. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
21. A can do a piece of work in 20 days. B in 15 days A and C in 12 days. In how many days can A finish the work if he is assisted by B on one day and C on the next, alternately?
22. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
23. A merchant has three different types of milk: 435 liters, 493 liters and 551 liters. Find the least number of casks of equal size required to store all the milk without mixing.
24. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
25. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
28. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
29. (98 / 7 / 2) / ? = 14
30. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
31. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
32. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
33. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
34. If an article is sold at 19% profit instead of 12% profit, then the profit would be Rs. 105 more. What is the cost price?
35. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
36. A property decreases in value every year at the rate of 6 1/4% of its value at the beginning of the year its value at the end of 3 years was Rs.21093. Find
its value at the beginning of the first year?
37. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
38. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
39. Simplify : (y4b-a . y4c-b . y4a-c) / (ya . yb . yc)3
40. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is?
41. The edges of a cuboid are 4 cm, 5 cm and 6 cm. Find the volume of the cuboid?
42. The ratio of the volumes of a cube to that of the sphere which will fit inside the cube is?
43. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
44. Albert invested Rs. 8000 in a scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
45. The average marks of a class of 30 students is 40 and that of another class of 50 students is 60. Find the average marks of all the students?
46. A sum of money becomes triple itself in 5 years at simple interest. How many
years will it become six times at the same rate?
47. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
48. The areas of the two spheres are in the ratio 1: 4. The ratio of their volume is?
49. If y exceeds x by 20%, then x is less than y by?
50. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is: