Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
2. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
3. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
4. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
5. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
6. The ratio of the volumes of a cube to that of the sphere which will fit inside the cube is?
7. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
10. If the sum of the two numbers is 22 and the sum of their squares is 404, then the product of the numbers is:
11. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
12. A single discount equivalent to the discount series of 20%, 10% and 5% is?
13. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?
14. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
15. The L.C.M of two numbers is 48. The numbers are in the ratio 2:3. The sum of numbers is:
16. The ratio of two natural numbers is 5:6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
17. A can do a piece of work in 4 hours; B and C together can do it in 3 hours, which A and C together can do it in 2 hours. How long will B alone take to do it?
18. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
19. What is the rate percent when the simple interest on Rs.800 amount to Rs.160 in 4 Years?
20. What amount does Kiran get if he invests Rs. 18000 at 15% p.a. simple interest for four years?
21. The average monthly salary of laborers and supervisors in a factory is Rs.1250 per month; where as the average monthly salary of 6 supervisors is Rs.2450. If the average monthly salary of the laborers is Rs.950 find the number of laborers?
22. Six years ago, the ratio of ages of Kunal and Sagar was 6:5. Four years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:10. What is Sagar's age at present?
23. The amount of water (in ml) that should be added to reduce 9 ml. Lotion, containing 50% alcohol, to a lotion containing 30% alcohol, is?
24. Find the highest common factor of 36 and 84.
25. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
26. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 and that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th observation?
27. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
28. A person purchased a TV set for Rs. 16000 and a DVD player for Rs. 6250. He sold both the items together for Rs. 31150. What percentage of profit did he make?
29. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
30. Tanya's grandfather was 8 times older to her 16 years ago. He would be 3 times of her age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, what was the ratio of Tanya's age to that of her grandfather?
31. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
32. At present, the ratio between the ages of Arun and Deepak is 4:3. After 6 years, Arun's age will be 26 years. What is the age of Deepak at present?
33. The owner of a furniture shop charges his customer 24% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs. 8339 for a computer table, then what was the cost price of the computer table?
34. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
35. An express traveled at an average speed of 100 km/hr, stopping for 3 min after every 75 kn. How long did it take to reach its destination 600 km from the starting point?
36. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9:10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
37. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
40. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
41. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
42. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
43. Find the principle on a certain sum of money at 5% per annum for 2 2/5 years if the amount being Rs.1120?
44. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
45. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
46. A, B and C enter into partnership. A invests some money at the beginning, B invests double the amount after 6 months, and C invests thrice the amount after
8 months. If the annual gain be Rs.18000. A's share is?
47. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
48. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
49. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?
50. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?