Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
2. Three consecutive odd integers are in increasing order such that the sum of the last two integers is 13 more than the first integer. Find the three integers?
3. If one third of 3/4 of a number is 21. Then find the number?
4. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
5. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
8. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
9. Find the least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18?
10. When 732 is subtracted form the square of a number, the answer that is obtained is 5280. What is the number?
11. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
12. How many numbers up to 500 are divisible by 23?
13. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
14. A jogger running at 9 km/hr along side a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
15. Ajay spends 45% of his monthly income on household items, 25% of his monthly income on buying cloths, 7.5% of his monthly income on medicines and saves the remaining amount which is Rs. 9000. Find his monthly income.
16. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
17. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
18. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
19. Sam purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. What was his percentage profit?
20. The principal that amounts to Rs. 4913 in 3 years at 6 1/4 % per annum C.I. compounded annually, is?
21. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
22. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days and 13 men together will 24 boys can do it in 4 days. Compare the daily work done by a man with that of a boy.
23. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
24. Simplify the following equation
[(p - q)2 - (p + q)2] / 4p = b/a
25. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
26. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
27. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
28. A, B and C can do a work in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively doing the work together and get a payment of Rs.1800. What is B’s share?
29. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
30. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
31. A water tank is two-fifth full. Pipe A can fill a tank in 10 minutes and pipe B can empty it in 6 minutes. If both the pipes are open, how long will it take to empty or fill the tank completely?
32. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
33. Train P crosses a pole in 30 seconds and train Q crosses the same pole in one minute and 15 seconds. The length of train P is three-fourths the length of train Q. What is the ratio of the speed of train P to that of train Q?
34. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
35. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
36. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
37. I. a3 - 988 = 343, II. b2 - 72 = 49 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
38. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
39. The average of 10 numbers is calculated as 15. It is discovered later on that while calculating the average, one number namely 36 was wrongly read as 26. The correct average is?
40. Rahim bought 65 books for Rs.1150 from one shop and 50 books for Rs.920 from another. What is the average price he paid per book ?
41. In what time a sum of money double itself at 3% per annum simple interest?
42. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
43. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
44. 7 2/5 of 110 / ? = 844
45. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
46. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
47. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
48. The difference between two integers is 5. Their product is 500. Find the numbers.
49. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
50. A train leaves Delhi at 9 a.m. at a speed of 30 kmph. Another train leaves at 2 p.m. at a speed of 40 kmph on the same day and in the same direction. How far
from Delhi, will the two trains meet?