Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
2. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
3. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
4. In a mixture of milk and water, the proportion of milk by weight was 80%. If, in a 180 gm mixture, 36 gms of pure milk is added, what would be the percentage of milk in the mixture formed?
5. Find the least number which when divided by 35 leaves remainder 25, when divided by 25 leaves remainder 15 and when divided by 15 leaves remainder 5?
6. Find the nearest to 25268 which is exactly divisible by 467?
7. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
8. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
9. What sum of money will produce Rs.70 as simple interest in 4 years at 3 1/2 percent?
10. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
11. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
12. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
13. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?
14. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
15. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
16. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is?
17. The average salary per head of the entire staff of an office including the officers and clerks is Rs.90. The average salary of officers is Rs.600 and that of the clerks is Rs.84. If the number of officers is 2, find the number of officers in the office?
18. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
19. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
20. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
21. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
22. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
23. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
24. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
25. The number of permutations of the letters of the word 'MESMERISE' is_.
26. 40% of a number is more than 20% of 650 by 190. Find the number?
27. Find the sum The difference between the compound and S.I. on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs.15of money?
28. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
29. Two pipes X and Y can separately fill a cistern in 18 and 24 hours respectively. If they are turned on alternately for one hour each, how long will it take to fill the cistern?
30. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
31. 106 * 106 - 94 * 94 = ?
32. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
33. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
34. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
35. The compound ratio of 5:6, 3:2 and 4:5?
36. A and B walk around a circular track. They start at 8 a.m. from the same point in the opposite directions. A and B walk at a speed of 2 rounds per hour and 3 rounds per hour respectively. How many times shall they cross each other before 9.30 a.m. ?
37. A and B can finish a work in 16 days while A alone can do the same work in 24 days. In how many days B alone will complete the work?
38. Find the least number by which (59)(36)(17) has to be multiplied to obtain a perfect square?
39. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
40. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
41. The incomes of two persons A and B are in the ratio 3:4. If each saves Rs.100 per month, the ratio of their expenditures is 1:2 . Find their incomes?
42. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
43. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
44. Find the least number which when divided by 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 19 leaves no remainder?
45. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
46. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
47. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
48. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in?
49. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
50. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?