Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
2. What percentage of numbers from 1 to 70 have squares that end in the digit 1?
3. 85% of a number is added to 24, the result is the same number. Find the number?
4. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
5. The perimeter of one square is 48 cm and that of another is 20 cm. Find the perimeter and the diagonal of a square which is equal in area to these two
6. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
7. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
8. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
9. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
10. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
11. A man can row downstream at 18 kmph and upstream at 10 kmph. Find the speed of the man in still water and the speed of stream respectively?
12. Two trains are running in opposite directions with the same speed. If the length of each train is 120 m and they cross each other in 12 sec, then the speed of each train is?
13. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
14. Solve the equation for x : 6x - 27 + 3x = 4 + 9 - x
15. 31.2 * 14.5 * 9.6 = ?
16. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
17. Rs.590 is divided amongst A, B, C so that 5 times A's share, six times B's share and eight times C's share are all equal. Find C's share?
18. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
19. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 3 is 72. What is the largest number?
20. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
21. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
22. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
23. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
24. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
25. 3648.24 + 364.824 / ? - 36.4824 = 3794.1696
26. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
27. A team of eight entered for a shooting competition. The best marks man scored 85 points. If he had scored 92 points, the average scores for. The team would have been 84. How many points altogether did the team score?
28. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
29. If 70% of an equal to 40% of b, then ratio between a and b is?
30. A mixture of 70 litres of milk and water contains 10% water. How many litres of water should be added to the mixture so that the mixture contains 12 1/2% water?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
33. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
34. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
35. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
36. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
37. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
38. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
39. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
40. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
41. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
42. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
43. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
44. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
45. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in?
46. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
47. A number exceeds by 25 from its 3/8 part. Then the number is?
48. The least number which when divided by 8, 12 and 16, leave in each remainder 3, is?
49. Find the area of trapezium whose parallel sides are 20 cm and 18 cm long, and the distance between them is 15 cm.
50. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?