Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
2. The two trains of lengths 400 m, 600 m respectively, running at same directions. The faster train can cross the slower train in 180 sec, the speed of the slower train is 48 km. then find the speed of the faster train?
3. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. A, B, C together started a business. A invested Rs.6000 for 5 months B invested Rs.3600 for 6 months and C Rs.7500 for 3 months. If they get a total profit of
Rs.7410. Find the share of A?
6. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?
7. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
8. With a uniform speed a car covers the distance in 8 hours. Had the speed been increased by 4 km/hr, the same distance could have been covered in 7 1/2 hours. What is the distance covered?
9. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
10. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
11. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
12. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
13. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
14. Two cars P and Q start at the same time from A and B which are 120 km apart. If the two cars travel in opposite directions, they meet after one hour and if they travel in same direction (from A towards B), then P meets Q after 6 hours. What is the speed of car P?
15. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5 : 8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11 : 14. Find the difference in their present ages?
16. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
17. The diameter of a cylindrical tin is 6cm and height is 5 cm. Find the volume of the cylinder?
18. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
19. Robert is traveling on his cycle and has calculated to reach point A at 2 p.m. if he travels at 10 km/hr; he will reach there at 12 noon if he travels at 15 km/hr. At what speed must he travel to reach A at 1 p.m.?
20. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
21. A merchant has three different types of milk: 435 liters, 493 liters and 551 liters. Find the least number of casks of equal size required to store all the milk without mixing.
22. A can finish a piece of work in 5 days. B can do it in 10 days. They work together for two days and then A goes away. In how many days will B finish the
23. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
24. The C.P of 10 pens is equal to the S.P of 12 pens. Find his gain % or loss%?
25. The average mark of the students of a class in a particular exam is 80. If 5 students whose average mark in that exam is 40 are excluded, the average mark of the remaining will be 90. Find the number of students who wrote the exam.
26. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
27. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
28. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
29. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
30. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
31. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
32. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
33. 30.9 * 3000 - 10.1 * 1100 + 8298 - 4302 = ?
34. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
35. A man sells a horse for Rs.800 and loses something, if he had sold it for Rs.980, his gain would have been double the former loss. Find the cost price of the
36. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
37. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
38. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
39. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
40. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
41. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
42. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
43. (182 - 92 * 3) / (675 * ?) = 4
44. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
45. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
46. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
47. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
48. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?