Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train 400 m long can cross an electric pole in 20 sec and then find the speed of the train?
2. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal and the number of years is equal to the rate percent. Find the rate and the time?
5. Varma can read a book in k minutes. What part of the book can he read in 8 minutes?(k>8)
6. The cost price of 13 articles is equal to the selling price of 11 articles. Find the profit percent?
7. (4300731) - ? = 2535618
8. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
9. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
10. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
11. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
12. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
13. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
14. How many numbers up to 100 and 300 are divisible by 11?
15. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
16. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
17. A wire in the form of a circle of radius 3.5 m is bent in the form of a rectangule, whose length and breadth are in the ratio of 6 : 5. What is the area of the rectangle?
18. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
19. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
20. If the sides of two cubes are in the ratio 3: 1 the ratio of their total surface area is?
21. A work which could be finished in 9 days was finished 3 days earlier after 10 more men joined. The number of men employed was?
22. Vijay lent out an amount Rs. 10000 into two parts, one at 8% p.a. and the remaining at 10% p.a. both on simple interest. At the end of the year he received Rs. 890 as total interest. What was the amount he lent out at 8% pa.a?
23. Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay "if you give me 'x' marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles". Vijay then told Ajay "if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would". Find 'x'?
24. A laborer is engaged for 30 days on the condition that he receives Rs.25 for each day he works and is fined Rs.7.50 for each day is absent. He gets Rs.425 in
all. For how many days was he absent?
25. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
26. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
27. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
28. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
29. If P gets 25% more than Q, then by what percent does Q get less than P?
30. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
31. LCM of 455, 117, 338 is:
32. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
33. A starts business with a capital of Rs.1200 B and C join with some investments after 3 and 6 months respectively. If the end of a year, the profit is divided
in the ratio 2:3:5 respectively. What is B's investment in the business?
34. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
35. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
36. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
37. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
38. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
39. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
40. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
41. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
42. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
43. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
44. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?
45. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
46. What is the greater of the two numbers whose product is 2560, given that the sum of the two numbers exceeds their difference by 64?
47. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
48. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
49. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
50. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?