Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
2. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
3. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
4. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
5. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
6. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
7. (180/37 of 14.8) / (17/60.1 of 180.30) = ?
8. Sum of the digits number is 8 and their product is 12. Find the difference between the digits?
9. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
10. A wire in the form of a circle of radius 3.5 m is bent in the form of a rectangule, whose length and breadth are in the ratio of 6 : 5. What is the area of the rectangle?
11. 3 men, 4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days. A woman does double the work a man does and a child does half the work a man does. How many women alone can complete this work in 7 days?
12. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at Cost Price but still gets 20% profit by using a false weight. What weight does he substitute for a kilogram?
13. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
14. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
15. A man sells a horse for Rs.800 and loses something, if he had sold it for Rs.980, his gain would have been double the former loss. Find the cost price of the
16. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
17. Ajay spends 45% of his monthly income on household items, 25% of his monthly income on buying cloths, 7.5% of his monthly income on medicines and saves the remaining amount which is Rs. 9000. Find his monthly income.
18. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, the same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4:3?
19. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
20. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
21. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
22. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
23. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
24. The radius of a circle is increased by 1%. Find how much % does its area increases?
25. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
26. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
27. A sum of money amounts to Rs. 9800 after 5 years and Rs. 12005 after 8 years at the same rate of simple interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
28. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
29. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
30. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is?
31. Peter invested an amount of Rs. 12,000 at the rate of 10% p.a simple interest and another amount at the rate of 20% p.a. simple interest. The total interest earned at the end of one year on the total amount invested became 14% p.a. Find the total amount invested?
32. On an order of 5 dozen boxes of a consumer product, a retailer receives an extra dozen free. This is equivalent to allowing him a discount of:
33. A is faster than B. A and B each walk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 km/hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, A's speed is equal to?
34. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
35. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
36. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
37. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
38. If the selling price of 50 articles is equal to the cost price of 40 articles, then the loss or gain percent is:
39. The wheels revolve round a common horizontal axis. They make 15, 20 and 48 revolutions in a minute respectively. Starting with a certain point on the circumference down wards. After what interval of time will they come together
in the same position?
40. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
41. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
42. The monthly incomes of A and B are in the ratio 5 : 2. B's monthly income is 12% more than C's monthly income. If C's monthly income is Rs. 15000, then find the annual income of A?
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. The fourth proportional to 12, 14 and 18 is?
45. Two pipes P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes the first is turned off. How much longer will the cistern take to fill?
46. A motorcyclist goes from Bombay to Pune, a distance of 192 kms at an average of 32 kmph speed. Another man starts from Bombay by car 2 ½ hours after the first,
and reaches Pune ½ hour earlier. What is the ratio of the speed of the motorcycle and the car?
47. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
48. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
49. Two trains, one from Howrah to Patna and the other from Patna to Howrah, start simultaneously. After they meet, the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively. The ratio of their speeds is?
50. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?