Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Rs.2500 is divided into two parts such that if one part be put out at 5% simple interest and the other at 6%, the yearly annual income may be Rs.140. How much was lent at 5%?
2. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
3. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
4. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
5. In a partnership between A, B and C. A's capital is Rs.5000. If his share of a profit of Rs.800 is Rs.200 and C's share is Rs.130, what is B's capital?
6. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do it in 15 days and C can do it 20 days. They started the work together and A leaves after 2 days and B leaves after 4 days from the beginning. How long will work lost?
7. Two goods trains each 500 m long are running in opposite directions on parallel tracks. Their speeds are 45 km/hr and 30 km/hr respectively. Find the time taken by the slower train to pass the driver of the faster one?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: x2 + 2x - 15 = 0?
10. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
11. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.
12. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
13. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
14. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a rate of S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
15. (182 - 92 * 3) / (675 * ?) = 4
16. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
17. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
18. A water tank is two-fifth full. Pipe A can fill a tank in 10 minutes and pipe B can empty it in 6 minutes. If both the pipes are open, how long will it take to empty or fill the tank completely?
19. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
20. 8 2/3 + 6 4/5 = ?
21. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
22. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
23. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
24. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
25. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
26. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
27. What is the sum of all even numbers from 1 to 701?
28. Divide Rs. 2379 into 3 parts so that their amounts after 2, 3 and 4 years respectively may be equal, the rate of interest being 5% per annum at simple interest. The first part is?
29. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
30. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
31. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
32. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
33. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
34. [(62.25/2.5) + (12.5/0.5)] / [(0.75 * 9) + (3.5 * 3.5)] = ?
35. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
36. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
37. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
38. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
39. A rectangular field has area equal to 150 sq m and perimeter 50 m. Its length and breadth must be?
40. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
41. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
42. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
43. Which of the following is the greatest?
44. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
45. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
46. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
47. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
48. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
49. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
50. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.