Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The diagonals of a rhombus are 15 cm and 20 cm. Find its area?
2. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
3. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. How far is the place?
4. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
5. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
6. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
7. What is the ratio between perimeters of two squares one having 3 times the diagonal then the other?
8. There are 18 stations between Hyderabad and Bangalore. How many second class tickets have to be printed, so that a passenger can travel from any station to any other station?
9. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
10. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
11. If a + b + c = 0 and abc ≠ 0, then [Xa3 / abc][Xb3 / abc][Xc3 / abc] equals
12. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
13. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
14. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
15. A batsman makes a score of 64 runs in the 16th innings and thus increased his average by 3. Find his average after the 16th inning?
16. The length and breadth of a rectangle is increased by 10% and 25% respectively. What is the increase in the area?
17. In a can, there is a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 4 : 5. If it is filled with an additional 8 litres of milk the can would be full and ratio of milk and water would become 6 : 5. Find the capacity of the can?
18. Tanya's grandfather was 8 times older to her 16 years ago. He would be 3 times of her age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, what was the ratio of Tanya's age to that of her grandfather?
19. The ratio of the present ages of P and Q is 3:4. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5:7. Find the their present ages?
20. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
21. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
22. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
23. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
24. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
25. If population of certain city increases at the rate of 5%. If population in 1981 was 138915, then population in 1978 was?
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
28. (12)3 * 64 / 432 = ?
29. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
30. A lends Rs. 2500 to B and a certain to C at the same time at 7% p.a. simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1120 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is?
31. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
32. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
33. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?
34. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
35. Solve the equation for x : 6x - 27 + 3x = 4 + 9 - x
36. If Rs.7500 are borrowed at C.I at the rate of 4% per annum, then after 2 years the amount to be paid is?
37. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
38. Rs.1200 divided among P, Q and R. P gets half of the total amount received by Q and R. Q gets one-third of the total amount received by P and R. Find the amount received by R?
39. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
40. If (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y).
41. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
42. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
43. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?
44. If A got 80 marks and B got 60 marks, then what percent of A's mark is B's mark?
45. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5 : x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
46. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
47. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days, then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is?
48. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
49. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
50. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?