Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
2. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
3. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
4. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
5. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
6. The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 52. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is:
7. Express the following number as products of powers of prime factors?
8. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
9. A man can row 30 km downstream and 20 km upstream in 4 hours. He can row 45 km downstream and 40 km upstream in 7 hours. Find the speed of man in still water?
10. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
11. A jogger running at 9 km/hr along side a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
12. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
13. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5%?
14. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
15. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
16. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
17. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
18. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
19. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
20. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is:
21. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
22. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
23. How much more would Rs.20000 fetch, after two years, if it is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable half yearly than if is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable yearly?
24. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
25. Ravi invested certain amount for two rates of simple interests at 6% p.a. and 7% p.a. What is the ratio of Ravi's investments if the interests from those investments are equal?
26. Twenty four men can do a work in 35 days. How many men are required to complete the work in 21 days?
27. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
28. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
29. I. x2 + 9x + 20 = 0, II. y2 + 5y + 6 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
30. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
31. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
32. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
33. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
34. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
35. A and B can finish a work in 16 days while A alone can do the same work in 24 days. In how many days B alone will complete the work?
36. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a rate of S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
37. When 732 is subtracted form the square of a number, the answer that is obtained is 5280. What is the number?
38. 2 1/3 + 4 1/6 - 2 2/3 - 1 1/2 = 2 ?/3
39. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
40. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so
as to gain 20% on his outlay?
41. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
42. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
43. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
44. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
45. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
46. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
47. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
48. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?
49. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
50. Raman mixed 24 kg of butter at Rs. 150 per kg with 36 kg butter at the rate of Rs. 125 per kg. At what price per kg should he sell the mixture to make a profit of 40% in the transaction?