Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train travelled from station P to Q in 8 hours and came back from station Q to P is 6 hours. What would be the ratio of the speed of the train while traveling from station P to Q to that from station Q to P?
2. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
3. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
4. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
5. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
6. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
7. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
8. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
9. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
10. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
11. After allowing a discount of 15% on the marked price, the selling price is Rs. 6800 for an article. If it was sold at marked price, there would have been a profit of 60%. The cost price of the article is?
12. If 12 men or 20 women can do a piece of work in 54 days, then in how many days can 9 men and 12 women together do the work?
13. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
14. Find the lowest common multiple of 24, 36 and 40.
15. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
18. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.
19. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
20. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7:3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2:1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
21. 421 * 0.9 + 130 * 101 + 10000 = ?
22. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
23. The difference of two numbers is 1365. On dividing the larger number by the smaller, we get 6 as quotient and 15 as remainder. What is the smaller number?
24. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
25. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are either blue or yellow?
26. A sum of money becomes double itself in 8 years at simple interest. How many
times will it become 10 years at the same rate?
27. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
28. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
29. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
30. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
31. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
32. If the area of circle is 616 sq cm then its circumference?
33. 16.66% of 33.33% of 66.66% of ? = 30
34. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
35. A sun is divided among X, Y and Z in such a way that for each rupee X gets, Y gets 45 paisa and Z gets 30 paisa. If the share of Y is RS. 27, what is the
36. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
37. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
38. The sum of five consecutive odd numbers of set p is 435. What is the sum of five consecutive numbers of another set q. Whose largest number is 45 more than the largest number of set p?
39. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
40. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
41. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
42. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
43. A lends Rs. 2500 to B and a certain to C at the same time at 7% p.a. simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1120 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is?
44. Raman mixed 24 kg of butter at Rs. 150 per kg with 36 kg butter at the rate of Rs. 125 per kg. At what price per kg should he sell the mixture to make a profit of 40% in the transaction?
45. Find the greatest number which leaves the same remainder when it divides 25, 57 and 105.
46. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
47. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 25% more than a third number. The percentage that is first of the second is?
48. A bag contains five white and four red balls. Two balls are picked at random from the bag. What is the probability that they both are different color?
49. What percent of 120 are 90?
50. LCM of 87 and 145 is: