Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Ram professes to sell his goods at the cost price but he made use of 900 grms instead of a kg, what is the gain percent?
2. How long does a train 165 meters long running at the rate of 54 kmph take to cross a bridge 660 meters in length?
3. The ratio of the present ages of P and Q is 3:4. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5:7. Find the their present ages?
4. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
5. Find the greatest number which leaves the same remainder when it divides 25, 57 and 105.
6. Anil can do a work in 15 days while Sunil can do it in 25 days. How long will they take if both work together?
7. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
8. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
9. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
10. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
11. By travelling at 40 kmph, a person reaches his destination on time. He covered two-third the total distance in one-third of the total time. What speed should he maintain for the remaining distance to reach his destination on time?
12. 8.008 + 0.8 + 80.8 + 800.8 + 0.08 = ?
13. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
14. A train 280 m long, running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in?
15. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
16. The ratio of the area of a square to that of the square drawn on its diagonal is?
17. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
18. A certain amount earns simple interest of Rs. 1750 after 7 years. Had the interest been 2% more, how much more interest would it have earned?
19. A number consists of two digits. If 3/5 of 1/5 of the number is 9. Find the sum of its two digits?
20. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
21. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1:2:3. If there are Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
22. Solve the equation for x : 19(x + y) + 17 = 19(-x + y) - 21
23. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
24. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
25. Express 25 mps in kmph?
26. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
27. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
28. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
29. A sum of money becomes double itself in 8 years at simple interest. How many
times will it become 10 years at the same rate?
30. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
31. 26.98% of 6002 + 45.01% of 4199 = ?
32. A rectangular field 30 m long and 20 m broad. How much deep it should be dug so that from the earth taken out, a platform can be formed which is 8 m long, 5.5 m broad and 1.5 m high where as the earth taken out is increase by 10/5?
33. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?
34. 7589 - ? = 3434
35. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
36. If 25% of x is 15 less than 15% of 1500, then x is?
37. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
38. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
39. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
40. The length of a rectangular plot is thrice its breadth. If the area of the rectangular plot is 867 sq m, then what is the breadth of the rectangular plot?
41. A mixture of 70 liters of wine and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 12 ½% of the total mixture?
42. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
43. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
44. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
45. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
46. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
47. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
48. On dividing number by 56, we get 29 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 8, what will be the remainder?
49. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
50. What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 20 to 40?