Time Left: 00:20:00
1. A and B started business in partnership investing Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. After six months, C joined them with Rs. 20,000. What will be B's share in the total profit of Rs. 25,000 earned at the end of 2 years from the starting of the business?
2. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
3. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
4. In a party there are 5 couples. Out of them 5 people are chosen at random. Find the probability that there are at the least two couples?
5. The sum of three consecutive numbers is 87. The greatest among these three number is:
6. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
7. Kiran travels from A to B by car and returns from B to A by cycle in 7 hours. If he travels both ways by car he saves 3 hours. What is the time taken to cover both ways by cycle?
8. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
9. On a sum of money, the S.I. for 2 years is Rs. 660, while the C.I. is Rs. 696.30, the rate of interest being the same in both the cases. The rate of interest is?
10. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours. C is closed A and B can fill the remaining par in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the tank is?
11. Rs.1170 is divided so that 4 times the first share, thrice the 2nd share and twice the third share amount to the same. What is the value of the third share?
12. A train 100 m long crosses a platform 125 m long in 15 sec; find the speed of the train?
13. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
14. The smallest ratio out of 1:1, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1 is?
15. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
16. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
17. (a-3 b-2 / a2 b2)-3 * (a3 b-4 / a-3 b3) / (a-2 b3/a-4 b-3) = ?
18. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
19. The wheels revolve round a common horizontal axis. They make 15, 20 and 48 revolutions in a minute respectively. Starting with a certain point on the circumference down wards. After what interval of time will they come together
in the same position?
20. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.