Time Left: 00:20:00
1. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
2. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
3. A boat goes 100 km downstream in 10 hours, and 75 m upstream in 15 hours. The
speed of the stream is?
4. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do the same work in 12 days. A and B worked together for 2 days. How many more days are required to complete the remaining work if they work together?
5. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
6. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
7. A money lender lends Rs.2000 for six months at 20% p.a. rate. It the interest is reckoned quarterly than find the amount given after time limit.
8. The food in a camp lasts for 30 men for 40 days. If ten more men join, how many days will the food last?
9. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
10. 12.5 + 10 1/4 of 100 ÷ 10% of 10 = ?
11. By travelling at 40 kmph, a person reaches his destination on time. He covered two-third the total distance in one-third of the total time. What speed should he maintain for the remaining distance to reach his destination on time?
12. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
13. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
14. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
15. The current of a stream at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the
starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat in still water is?
16. A cistern which could be filled in 9 hours takes one hour more to be filled owing to a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full in what time will the leak empty it?
17. Two trains are moving in the same direction at 72 kmph and 36 kmph. The faster train crosses a man in the slower train in 27 seconds. Find the length of the faster train?
18. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.710 and a uniform after a year service. He served only for 8 months and got Rs.460 and a uniform. Find the price of the uniform?
19. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
20. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?