Time Left: 00:20:00
1. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
2. A trader marked the price of a car 20% above the cost price and allowed the purchaser 5% discount on the marked price there by gained Rs.8400. Find the cost price of the car?
3. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
4. A certain number when divided by 45 leaves a remainder 31, what is the remainder if the same number be divided by 15?
5. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?
6. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
7. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
8. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
9. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
10. (12)3 * 64 / 432 = ?
11. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
12. The smallest ratio out of 1:1, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1 is?
13. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
14. If one third of 3/4 of a number is 21. Then find the number?
15. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
16. A train 280 m long, running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in?
17. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
18. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
19. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
20. What is the greater of the two numbers whose product is 2560, given that the sum of the two numbers exceeds their difference by 64?