Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A can do a piece of work in 15 days and B in 20 days. They began the work together but 5 days before the completion of the work, A leaves. The work was
2. A, B and C are entered into a partnership. A invested Rs.6500 for 6 months, B invested Rs.8400 for 5 months and C invested for Rs.10000 for 3 months. A is a
working partner and gets 5% of the total profit for the same. Find the share of C in a total profit of Rs.7400.
3. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
4. The difference between two integers is 5. Their product is 500. Find the numbers.
5. Raj invested an amount of Rs.17400 for two years. Find the rate of compound interest that will fetch him an amount of Rs.1783.50 at the end of two years?
6. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely?
7. A can do a piece of work in 10 days. He works at it for 4 days and then B finishes it in 9 days. In how many days can A and B together finish the work?
8. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
9. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
10. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
11. Two pipes can separately fill a tank in 20 and 30 hours respectively. Both the pipes are opened to fill the tank but when the tank is full, a leak develops in the tank through which one-third of water supplied by both the pipes goes out. What is the total time taken to fill the tank?
12. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
13. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
14. In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
15. Two men and three women working 7 hours a day finish a work in 5 days. Four men and four women working 3 hours a day complete the work in 7 days. The number of
days in which only 7 men working 4 hours a day will finish the work is?
16. Find the H.C.F of 12, 16, 18 and 24?
17. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. After how much time will the trains meet?
18. H.C.F of 3240, 3600 and a third number is 36 and their L.C.M is 24 * 35 * 52 * 72. The third number is:
19. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
20. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
21. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
22. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
23. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
24. The area of sector of a circle whose radius is 12 metro and whose angle at the center is 42° is?
25. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
26. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
27. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
28. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
29. Find the length of the wire required to go 15 times round a square field containing 69696 m2.
30. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. If Rs.450 amount to Rs.540 in 4 years, what will it amount to in 6 years at the same rate % per annum?
33. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
34. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
35. The radius of a circle is increased by 1%. Find how much % does its area increases?
36. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
37. The food in a camp lasts for 30 men for 40 days. If ten more men join, how many days will the food last?
38. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to
the starting point in 2 hours, then find the speed of the boat in still water?
39. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
40. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:
41. Two trains are running at 40 km/hr and 20 km/hr respectively in the same direction. Fast train completely passes a man sitting in the slower train in 5 sec. What is the length of the fast train?
42. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
43. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.
44. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 2x2 + 5x + 2 = 0?
45. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?
46. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
47. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
48. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
49. The simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs.49500 at he end of three is Rs.17820. What would be the compound interest accured on the same amount at teh same rate in the same period? (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
50. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?