Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
2. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
3. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
4. A person lent a certain sum of money at 4% per annum at simple interest and in 8
years the interest amounted to Rs.340 less than the sum lent. What was the sum
5. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
6. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
7. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
8. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.
9. I. 9a2 + 18a + 5 = 0, II. 2b2 + 13b + 20 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
10. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
11. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
12. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
13. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
14. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
15. Which one of the following numbers is exactly divisible by 11?
16. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
17. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
18. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
19. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
20. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
21. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
22. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
23. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
24. A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and there by decreases his average by 0.4. The number age of the family now is:
25. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
26. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
27. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
28. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
29. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is:
30. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
31. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
32. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
33. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
34. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?
35. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
36. A can do a piece of work in 4 hours; B and C together can do it in 3 hours, which A and C together can do it in 2 hours. How long will B alone take to do it?
37. The difference between simple and compound interest on Rs. 1200 for one year at 10% per annum reckoned half-yearly is?
38. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
39. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
40. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
41. What is the ratio between perimeters of two squares one having 3 times the diagonal then the other?
42. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
43. Two taps can separately fill a cistern 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively and when the waste pipe is open, they can together fill it in 18 minutes. The waste pipe can empty the full cistern in?
44. A, B and C rents a pasture for Rs.870. A put in 12 horses for 8 months, B 16 horses for 9 months and 18 horses for 6 months. How much should C pay?
45. The smallest ratio out of 1:1, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1 is?
46. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so
as to gain 20% on his outlay?
47. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
48. If two positive numbers are in the ratio 1/8 : 1/5, then by what percent is the second number more than the first?
49. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
50. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?