Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that resultant numbers become proportional?
2. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
3. 2 1/3 + 4 1/6 - 2 2/3 - 1 1/2 = 2 ?/3
4. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
5. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
6. Vijay lent out an amount Rs. 10000 into two parts, one at 8% p.a. and the remaining at 10% p.a. both on simple interest. At the end of the year he received Rs. 890 as total interest. What was the amount he lent out at 8% pa.a?
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. A can do half the work in one day where as B can do it full. B can also do half the work of C in one day. Ratio in their efficiency will be?
9. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
10. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
11. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
12. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 25% more than a third number. The percentage that is first of the second is?
13. (180/37 of 14.8) / (17/60.1 of 180.30) = ?
14. A and B can do a piece of work in 7 days. With the help of C they finish the work in 5 days. C alone can do that piece of work in?
15. The ratio of the area of a square to that of the square drawn on its diagonal is?
16. 25% of 30% of 45% is equal to?
17. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
18. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
19. What percent of 120 are 90?
20. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
21. The average salary per head of the entire staff of an office including the officers and clerks is Rs.90. The average salary of officers is Rs.600 and that of the clerks is Rs.84. If the number of officers is 2, find the number of officers in the office?
22. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is?
23. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
24. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
25. 36 * 48 ÷ 64 + 36 ÷ 12 = ?
26. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
27. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
28. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
29. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
30. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
31. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
32. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
33. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
34. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
35. A certain sum amounts to Rs.1725 in 3 years and Rs.1875 in 5 years. Find the rate
% per annum?
36. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
37. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
38. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
39. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
40. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
41. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
42. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
43. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
44. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
45. The S.I. on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the C.I. on Rs. 4000 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on S.I. is?
46. Express a speed of 36 kmph in meters per second?
47. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
48. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
49. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
50. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?