Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
2. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
3. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:
4. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
5. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
6. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
7. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
8. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
9. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
10. If Rs. 782 be divided into three parts, proportional to 1/2:2/3:3/4, then the first part is:
11. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
12. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their volumes?
13. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
14. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
15. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
16. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
17. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that the resultant numbers become proportional?
20. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
21. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
22. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a weight of 800 grams per kg, what is his percent?
23. Ramu rides his bike at an average speed of 45 km/hr and reaches his desitination in four hours. Somu covers the same distance in six hours. If Ramu covered his journey at an average speed which was 9 km/hr less and Somu covered his journey at an average speed which was 10 km/hr more, then the difference in their times taken to reach the destination would be (in minutes).
24. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
25. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
26. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
27. 12.5 + 10 1/4 of 100 ÷ 10% of 10 = ?
28. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
29. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
30. The fourth proportional to 12, 14 and 18 is?
31. If 70% of an equal to 40% of b, then ratio between a and b is?
32. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
33. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
34. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is?
35. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
36. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 3 is 72. What is the largest number?
37. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
38. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
39. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs. 525. The S.I. on the same sum for double the time at half the rate percent per annum is?
40. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
41. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
42. A is twice as good a work man as B and together they finish the work in 14 days. In how many days A alone can finish the work?
43. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
44. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
45. The number of ways in which six boys and six girls can be seated in a row for a photograph so that no two girls sit together is -.
46. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
47. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
48. 109.13 * 34.14 - 108.12 * 33 = ?
49. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
50. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?