Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
2. A fruit vendor purchased 20 dozens of bananas at Rs. 15 per dozen. But one-fourth of the bananas were rotten and had to be thrown away. He sold two-third of the remaining bananas at Rs. 22.50 per dozen. At what price per dozen should he sell the remaining bananas to make neither a profit nor a loss?
3. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
4. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
5. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
6. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
7. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?
8. A bag contains a certain number of 50 paise coins, 20 paise coins and 10 paise coins inthe ratio 2:3:4. If the total value of all the coins in the bag is Rs.400, find the number of coins of each kind?
9. (332% of 2113) / 42 = ?
10. In how much time would the simple interest on a certain sum be 0.125 times the principal at 10% per annum?
11. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
12. The value of (2.75)3 - (2.00)3 - (0.75)3 is
13. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
14. 8.008 + 0.8 + 80.8 + 800.8 + 0.08 = ?
15. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
16. Using all the letters of the word "THURSDAY", how many different words can be formed?
17. 15 binders can bind 1400 books in 21 days. How many binders will be required to bind 1600 books in 20 days?
18. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
19. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
20. The average age of 15 students of a class is 15 years. Out of these, the average age of 5 students is 14 years and that of the other 9 students is 16 years. Tee age of the 15th student is:
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. A batsman makes a score of 64 runs in the 16th innings and thus increased his average by 3. Find his average after the 16th inning?
23. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
24. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9:10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
25. (24 * 5 * 7 * 9) / ? = 216
26. The difference between simple and compound interests compounded annually on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 4% per annum is Re. 1. The sum (in Rs. ) is?
27. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
28. If a man walks to his office at ¾ of his usual rate, he reaches office 1/3 of an hour late than usual. What is his usual time to reach office?
29. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
30. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
31. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
32. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
33. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
34. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
35. 80 is what percent of 64?
36. A and B can finish a work in 16 days while A alone can do the same work in 24 days. In how many days B alone will complete the work?
37. A salesman’s terms were changed from a flat commission of 5% on all his sales to a fixed salary of Rs.1000 plus 2.5% commission on all sales exceeding Rs. 4,000. If his remuneration as per new scheme was Rs. 600 more than that by the previous schema, his sales were worth?
38. An officer was appointed on maximum daily wages on contract money of Rs. 4956. But on being absent for some days, he was paid only Rs. 3894. For how many days was he absent?
39. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
40. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
41. Two trains are running at 40 km/hr and 20 km/hr respectively in the same direction. Fast train completely passes a man sitting in the slower train in 5 sec. What is the length of the fast train?
42. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
43. Vijay bought 160 shirts at the rate of Rs. 225 per shirt. The transport expenditure was Rs. 1400. He paid an octroi at the rate of Rs. 1.75 per shirt and labour charges were Rs. 320. What should be the selling price of one shirt, if he wants a profit of 20%?
44. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
45. By selling 50 meters of cloth. I gain the selling price of 15 meters. Find the gain percent?
46. [(7 * 9) + (2 * 12) + 3]/[(12 * 3) + (81/9)] = ?
47. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
48. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.
49. The sum of five consecutive even numbers of set x is 440. Find the sum of a different set of five consecutive integers whose second least number is 121 less than double the least number of set x?
50. A merchant has three different types of milk: 435 liters, 493 liters and 551 liters. Find the least number of casks of equal size required to store all the milk without mixing.