Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The perimeter of a triangle is 28 cm and the inradius of the triangle is 2.5 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
2. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
3. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
4. Which one of the following numbers is exactly divisible by 11?
5. The sum of three consecutive even numbers is 42. Find the middle number of the three?
6. A man sells a horse for Rs.800 and loses something, if he had sold it for Rs.980, his gain would have been double the former loss. Find the cost price of the
7. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
10. The number of permutations of the letters of the word 'MESMERISE' is_.
11. Rs.800 amounts to Rs.920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest is increased by 3%, it would amount to how much?
12. The ratio of two natural numbers is 5:6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
13. Find out the C.I on Rs.5000 at 4% p.a. compound half-yearly for 1 1/2 years.
14. If 12 men or 20 women can do a piece of work in 54 days, then in how many days can 9 men and 12 women together do the work?
15. In a division sum, the remainder is 0. As student mistook the divisor by 12 instead of 21 and obtained 35 as quotient. What is the correct quotient?
16. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
17. Ram professes to sell his goods at the cost price but he made use of 900 grms instead of a kg, what is the gain percent?
18. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
19. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
20. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
21. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
24. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?
25. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
26. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
29. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
30. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
31. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
32. A certain amount earns simple interest of Rs. 1750 after 7 years. Had the interest been 2% more, how much more interest would it have earned?
33. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
34. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
35. Two men Amar and Bhuvan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6 : 5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3 : 2. If Bhuvan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
36. What sum of money will produce Rs.70 as simple interest in 4 years at 3 1/2 percent?
37. The height of two right circular cones are in the ratio 1:2 and their perimeters of their bases are in the ratio 3:4, the ratio of their volume is?
38. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that exactly two dice show the same number on them is -.
39. The area of a triangle will be when a = 1m, b = 2m, c = 3m, a, b, c being lengths of respective sides.
40. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and of the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What is the last numbers?
41. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
42. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
45. A brick measures 20 cm * 10 cm * 7.5 cm how many bricks will be required for a wall 25 m * 2 m * 0.75 m?
46. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5 : 8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11 : 14. Find the difference in their present ages?
47. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
48. By travelling at 40 kmph, a person reaches his destination on time. He covered two-third the total distance in one-third of the total time. What speed should he maintain for the remaining distance to reach his destination on time?
49. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
50. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?