Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
2. A reduction of 40% in the price of bananas would enable a man to obtain 64 more for Rs.40, what is reduced price per dozen?
3. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
4. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
5. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
6. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
7. Five years ago the average of the ages of A and B was 40 years and now the average of the ages of B and C is 48 years. What will be the age of the B ten years hence?
8. The compound ratio of 5:6, 3:2 and 4:5?
9. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are drawn what is the probability that one is yellow and two are red?
12. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
13. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
14. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
15. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
16. Amar takes as much time in running 18 meters as a car takes in covering 48 meters. What will be the distance covered by Amar during the time the car covers 1.6 km?
17. A batsman makes a score of 64 runs in the 16th innings and thus increased his average by 3. Find his average after the 16th inning?
18. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
19. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
20. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
21. The value of (2.75)3 - (2.00)3 - (0.75)3 is
22. If the selling price of 50 articles is equal to the cost price of 40 articles, then the loss or gain percent is:
23. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 sec. What is the length of the train?
24. The length of a rectangle is increased by 25% and its breadth is decreased by 20%. What is the effect on its area?
25. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
26. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
27. 85% of a number is added to 24, the result is the same number. Find the number?
28. One side of a rectangular field is 4 m and its length along diagonal is 5 m. What is the area of the field?
29. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
30. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
31. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
32. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
33. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
34. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
35. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
36. Which one of the following is the least number of four digits divisible by 71?
37. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:
38. (743.30)2 = ?
39. On an order of 5 dozen boxes of a consumer product, a retailer receives an extra dozen free. This is equivalent to allowing him a discount of:
40. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?
41. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
42. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
43. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
44. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
45. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
46. Express the following number as products of powers of prime factors?
47. A and B can do a piece of work in 6 2/3 days and 5 days respectively. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. In how many days after that B will complete the work alone.
48. The average of 11 numbers is 10.9. If the average of first six is 10.5 and that of the last six is 11.4 the sixth number is?
49. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
50. Find the C.I. on a sum of Rs.1600 for 9 months at 20% per annum, interest being compounded quarterly?