Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
2. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
3. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
4. A merchant has three different types of milk: 435 liters, 493 liters and 551 liters. Find the least number of casks of equal size required to store all the milk without mixing.
5. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
6. 421 * 0.9 + 130 * 101 + 10000 = ?
7. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the goods train?
8. If the selling price of 50 articles is equal to the cost price of 40 articles, then the loss or gain percent is:
9. A heap of coconuts is divided into groups of 2, 3 and 5 and each time one coconut is left over. The least number of Coconuts in the heap is?
10. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
11. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
12. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
13. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
14. Ten percent of Ram's monthly salary is equal to eight percent of Shyam's monthly salary. Shyam's monthly salary is twice Abhinav's monthly salary. If Abhinav's annual salary is Rs. 1.92 lakhs, find Ram's monthly salary?
15. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
16. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
17. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
20. In a colony of 70 residents, the ratio of the number of men and women is 4:3. Among the women, the ratio of the educated to the uneducated is 1:4. If the ratio of the number of education to uneducated persons is 8:27, then find the ratio of the number of educated and uneducated men in the colony?
21. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
22. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
23. A train 280 m long, running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in?
25. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
26. Find the least number which when divide by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder?
27. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
28. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
29. Twenty four men can do a work in 35 days. How many men are required to complete the work in 21 days?
30. (830 + ? * 3 * 14 / 100) - (830 * 14 * 3 / 100) = 20.16
31. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
32. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
33. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
34. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
35. Pipe A can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank be filled?
36. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
37. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
38. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
39. A and B can do a piece of work in 6 2/3 days and 5 days respectively. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. In how many days after that B will complete the work alone.
40. Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs. 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit?
41. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a train is 45 kmph and including stoppages it is 36 kmph. Of how many minutes does the train stop per hour?
42. If y exceeds x by 20%, then x is less than y by?
43. A cycle is bought for Rs.900 and sold for Rs.1080, find the gain percent?
44. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
45. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
46. I. a2 - 9a + 20 = 0, II. 2b2 - 5b - 12 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
47. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
48. If 15% of 30% of 50% of a number is 90, then what is the number?
49. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
50. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?