Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
2. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
3. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
6. Find the greatest 4-digit number exactly divisible by 3, 4 and 5?
7. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
8. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
9. Sam purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. What was his percentage profit?
10. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
11. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
12. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
13. 217 * 217 + 183 * 183 = ?
14. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
15. 105.126 * 35.201 - 90.23 * 3 + 55.11 * 27.01 = ?
16. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
17. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
18. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
19. Nitin borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first three years, 9% p.a. for the next five years and 13% p.a. for the period beyond eight years. If the total interest paid by him at the end of eleven years is Rs. 8160, how much money did he borrow?
20. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
21. A certain sum amounts to Rs.1725 in 3 years and Rs.1875 in 5 years. Find the rate
% per annum?
22. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% C.I. will be more than doubled is?
23. Two trains are moving in the same direction at 72 kmph and 36 kmph. The faster train crosses a man in the slower train in 27 seconds. Find the length of the faster train?
24. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal to 6 times the other. The bigger of the two numbers is:
25. Find the least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18?
26. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
27. A rope of which a calf is tied is increased from 12 m to 23 m, how much additional grassy ground shall it graze?
28. The bus fare for two persons for travelling between Agra and Aligarh id four-thirds the train fare between the same places for one person. The total fare paid by 6 persons travelling by bus and 8 persons travelling by train between the two places is Rs.1512. Find the train fare between the two places for one person?
29. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
30. A, B and C start at the same time in the same direction to run around a circular stadium. A completes a round in 252 seconds, B in 308 seconds and C in 198 seconds, all starting at the same point. After what time will they meet again at the starting point?
31. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?
32. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
33. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
34. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3:4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5:7. If each of them saves Rs.200, find the incomes of both?
35. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
36. (a-3 b-2 / a2 b2)-3 * (a3 b-4 / a-3 b3) / (a-2 b3/a-4 b-3) = ?
37. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
38. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
39. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
40. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
41. On the independence day, bananas were be equally distributed among the children in a school so that each child would get two bananas. On the particular day 360 children were absent and as a result each child got two extra bananas. Find the actual number of children in the school?
LCM of 18 and 27 is:
43. A can run a kilometer race in 4 1/2 min while B can run same race in 5 min. How many meters start can A give B in a kilometer race, so that the race mat end in a dead heat?
44. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
45. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a false weight and gains 25%. Find his false weight age?
46. In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
47. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
48. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
49. Find the C.I. on a sum of Rs.1600 for 9 months at 20% per annum, interest being compounded quarterly?
50. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?