Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
2. The average salary of workers in an industry is Rs.200 the average salary of technicians being Rs.400 and that of non-technicians being Rs.125. What is the total number of workers?
3. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
4. In what time will Rs.4000 lent at 3% per annum on simple interest earn as much interest as Rs.5000 will earn in 5 years at 4% per annum on simple interest?
5. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
6. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
7. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
8. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
9. A heap of coconuts is divided into groups of 2, 3 and 5 and each time one coconut is left over. The least number of Coconuts in the heap is?
10. An article is bought for Rs.675 and sold for Rs.900, find the gain percent?
11. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
12. A sum of Rs. 2665 is lent into two parts so that the interest on the first part for 8 years at 3% per annum may be equal to the interest on the second part for 3 years at 5% per annum. Find the second sum?
13. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
14. 52 * 40.1 = ?
15. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
16. In how many ways can a committee consisting of three men and four women be formed from a group of six men and seven women?
17. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
18. The cost of 2 chairs and 3 tables is Rs.1300. The cost of 3 chairs and 2 tables is Rs.1200. The cost of each table is more than that of each chair by?
19. With a uniform speed a car covers the distance in 8 hours. Had the speed been increased by 4 km/hr, the same distance could have been covered in 7 1/2 hours. What is the distance covered?
20. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
21. If y exceeds x by 20%, then x is less than y by?
22. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
23. (182 - 92 * 3) / (675 * ?) = 4
24. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
25. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
26. A paper is in a square form whose one side is 20 cm. Two semi circles are drawn on its opposites as diameters. If these semi circles are cut down what is the area of the remaining paper?
27. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
28. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is:
29. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
30. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
31. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
32. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
33. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
34. The numerator of a certain fraction is 8 less than the denominator. If 3 is added to the numerator and 3 is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the original fraction?
35. The value of (2.75)3 - (2.00)3 - (0.75)3 is
36. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
37. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
38. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
39. What percentage of numbers from 1 to 70 have squares that end in the digit 1?
40. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
41. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
42. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
43. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
44. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
47. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
48. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
49. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?