Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
2. In how many years does a sum of Rs. 5000 yield a simple interest of Rs. 16500 at 15% p.a.?
3. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
6. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
7. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
8. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
9. The ratio of the volumes of two cubes is 729 : 1331. What is the ratio of their total surface areas?
10. After 38 liters of petrol were poured into the tank, it was still 5% empty. How much petrol must be poured into the tank in order to fill it?
11. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
12. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
13. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
14. If 12 men or 20 women can do a piece of work in 54 days, then in how many days can 9 men and 12 women together do the work?
15. A, B and C invests Rs.2000, Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 in a business. After one year A removed his money; B and C continued the business for one more year. If the net
profit after 2 years be Rs.3200, then A's share in the profit is?
16. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
17. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
18. The average of first 10 prime numbers is?
19. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
20. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
21. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
22. Rs. 1300 is divided into three parts A, B and C. How much A is more than C if their ratio is 1/2:1/3:1/4?
23. Find the area of trapezium whose parallel sides are 20 cm and 18 cm long, and the distance between them is 15 cm.
24. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
25. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
26. 3/20 is what percent of 12/25?
27. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
28. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
29. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
30. By selling an article at Rs.800, a shopkeeper makes a profit of 25%. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a loss of 25%?
31. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
32. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?
33. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
34. In a two-digit number, if it is known that its unit's digit exceeds its ten's digit by 2 and that the product of the given number and the sum of its digits is equal to 144, then the number is:
35. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years Rs.41 and the simple interest is Rs.40. What is the rate percent?
36. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
37. A can do a piece of work in 30 days. He works at it for 5 days and then B finishes it in 20 days. In what time can A and B together it?
38. In what time will Rs.4000 lent at 3% per annum on simple interest earn as much interest as Rs.5000 will earn in 5 years at 4% per annum on simple interest?
39. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
40. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
41. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
42. 64 is what percent of 80?
43. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
44. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
45. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
46. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
47. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
48. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
49. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
50. 10 men and 15 women together can complete a work in 6 days. It takes 100 days for one man alone to complete the same work. How many days will be required for one woman alone to complete the same work?