Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
2. What percent of 125 is 16?
3. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
4. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
5. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
6. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
7. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
8. Mahesh marks an article 15% above the cost price of Rs. 540. What must be his discount percentage if he sells it at Rs. 496.80?
9. The difference between compound and simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 6 2/3% p.a is Rs.184. Find the sum?
10. In a hostel there were 100 students. To accommodate 20 more students the average is decreased by rupees 5. But total expenditure increased by Rs.400. Find the total expenditure of the hostel now?
11. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
12. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
13. If A:B:C = 2:3:4, then A/B : B/C : C/A is equal to:
14. The length of rectangle is thrice its breadth and its perimeter is 96 m, find the area of the rectangle?
15. The amount of water (in ml) that should be added to reduce 9 ml. Lotion, containing 50% alcohol, to a lotion containing 30% alcohol, is?
16. 125 liters of a mixture of milk and water contains in the ratio 3:2. How much water should now be added so that the ratio of milk and water becomes 3:4?
17. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 50 and 512.
18. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
19. Pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 8 and 24 minutes respectively. They are opened an alternate minutes. Find how many minutes, the cistern shall be full?
20. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
21. The average of 11 numbers is 10.9. If the average of first six is 10.5 and that of the last six is 11.4 the sixth number is?
22. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
23. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
24. 2758 + 20581 - 17889 = ?
25. Rs.4500 amounts to Rs.5544 in two years at compound interest, compounded annually. If the rate of the interest for the first year is 12%, find the rate of interest for the second year?
26. What amount does Kiran get if he invests Rs.8000 at 10% p.a. compound interest for two years, compounding done annually?
27. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
28. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hours each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hours each would 21 women take to do the same. If 3 women do as much work as 2
29. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
30. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?
31. Two trains are moving in the same direction at 72 kmph and 36 kmph. The faster train crosses a man in the slower train in 27 seconds. Find the length of the faster train?
32. At what rate percent on simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 30 years?
33. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
34. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
35. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
36. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. How far is the place?
37. The length and breadth of a rectangle is increased by 10% and 25% respectively. What is the increase in the area?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. Albert invested Rs. 8000 in a scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
40. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
41. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. The sum of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?
44. One side of a rectangular field is 4 m and its length along diagonal is 5 m. What is the area of the field?
45. A person was asked to state his age in years. His reply was, "Take my age three years hence, multiply it by 3 and then subtract three times my age three years ago and you will know how old I am." What was the age of the person?
46. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their volumes?
47. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
48. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
49. Vijay bought 160 shirts at the rate of Rs. 225 per shirt. The transport expenditure was Rs. 1400. He paid an octroi at the rate of Rs. 1.75 per shirt and labour charges were Rs. 320. What should be the selling price of one shirt, if he wants a profit of 20%?
50. On a sum of money, the S.I. for 2 years is Rs. 660, while the C.I. is Rs. 696.30, the rate of interest being the same in both the cases. The rate of interest is?