Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two men Amar and Bhuvan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6 : 5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3 : 2. If Bhuvan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
2. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
3. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
4. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
5. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
6. 9000 + 16 2/3 % of ? = 10500
7. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
8. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
9. Two men and three women working 7 hours a day finish a work in 5 days. Four men and four women working 3 hours a day complete the work in 7 days. The number of
days in which only 7 men working 4 hours a day will finish the work is?
10. Two cars cover the same distance at the speed of 60 and 64 kmps respectively. Find the distance traveled by them if the slower car takes 1 hour more than the
11. The least number which when divided by 8, 12 and 16, leave in each remainder 3, is?
12. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
13. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
14. The length of a rectangle is two - fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
15. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
16. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
17. Which one of the following is the least number of four digits divisible by 71?
18. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
19. A man can row upstream at 25 kmph and downstream at 35 kmph, and then find the
speed of the man in still water?
20. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
23. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
24. One root of the quadratic equation x2 - 12x + a = 0, is thrice the other. Find the value of a?
25. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
26. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
27. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
28. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal to 6 times the other. The bigger of the two numbers is:
29. A river 2m deep and 45 m wide is flowing at the rate of 3 kmph the amount of water that runs into the sea per minute is?
30. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
31. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
32. If the sides of a triangle are 26 cm, 24 cm and 10 cm, what is its area?
33. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
34. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
35. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
36. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
37. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
38. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
39. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
40. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
41. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
42. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
43. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
44. The difference between compound and simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 6 2/3% p.a is Rs.184. Find the sum?
45. The H.C.F of two numbers is 11 and their L.C.M is 7700. If one of the numbers is 275, then the other is:
46. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
47. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
48. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
49. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
50. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?