Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
2. Find the greatest number that exactly divides 35, 91 and 840?
3. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
4. Two trains are running at 40 km/hr and 20 km/hr respectively in the same direction. Fast train completely passes a man sitting in the slower train in 5 sec. What is the length of the fast train?
5. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
6. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
7. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
8. What percent of 120 are 90?
9. If one-third of one fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
10. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
13. There are 18 stations between Hyderabad and Bangalore. How many second class tickets have to be printed, so that a passenger can travel from any station to any other station?
14. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
15. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
16. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
17. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
18. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
19. A man saves 20% of his monthly salary. If an account of dearness of things he is to increase his monthly expenses by 20%, he is only able to save Rs. 200 per month. What is his monthly salary?
20. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
21. The present ages of three persons are in proportions 4:7:9. Eight years ago, the sum of their ages was 56. Find their present ages.
22. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
23. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
24. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
25. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?
26. How much is 80% of 40 is greater than 4/5 of 25?
27. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
28. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
29. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
30. The time taken by a man to row his boat upstream is twice the time taken by him to row the same distance downstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 42 kmph, find the speed of the stream?
31. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
32. Divide Rs. 1500 among A, B and C so that A receives 1/3 as much as B and C together and B receives 2/3 as A and C together. A's share is?
33. A and B can do a piece of work in 8 days. B and C can do it in 12 days and A and C in 16 days. Working together they will complete the work in how many days?
34. The owner of a furniture shop charges his customer 24% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs. 8339 for a computer table, then what was the cost price of the computer table?
35. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
36. From a pack of cards two cards are drawn one after the other, with replacement. The probability that the first is a red card and the second is a king is -.
37. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
38. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
39. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
40. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
41. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
42. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
43. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. After how much time will the trains meet?
44. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
45. The average runs scored by a batsman in 20 matches is 40. In the next 10 matches the batsman scored an average of 13 runs. Find his average in all the 30 matches?
46. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
47. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
48. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
49. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
50. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?