Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A leak in the bottom of a tank can empty the full tank in 6 hours. An inlet pipe fills water at the rate of 4 liters per minute. When the tank is full in inlet is opened and due to the leak the tank is empties in 8 hours. The capacity of the tank is?
2. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
3. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
4. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
5. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
6. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
7. The compound ratio of 5:6, 3:2 and 4:5?
8. What is the unit digit in 7105 ?
9. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
10. Three consecutive odd integers are in increasing order such that the sum of the last two integers is 13 more than the first integer. Find the three integers?
11. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
12. A person purchases 90 clocks and sells 40 clocks at a gain of 10% and 50 clocks at a gain of 20%. If he sold all of them at a uniform profit of 15%, then he would have got Rs. 40 less. The cost price of each clock is:
13. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
14. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
15. A boat can move upstream at 25 kmph and downstream at 35 kmph, then the speed of
the current is?
16. Two numbers 4242 and 2903 when divided by a certain number of three digits, leave the same remainder. Find the number?
17. If 5 men and 2 boys working together, can do four times as much work per hour as a man and a boy together. Find the ratio of the work done by a man and that of a boy for a given time?
18. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
19. The number obtained by interchanging the two digits of a two-digit number is less than the original number by 45. If the sum of the two digits of the number so obtained is 13, then what is the original number?
20. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
21. If the simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at 5% per annum is Rs. 50, what is the compound interest on the same sum at the rate and for the same time?
22. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
23. The difference between a number and its three-fifth is 50. What is the number?
24. The length of a rectangular floor is more than its breadth by 200%. If Rs. 324 is required to paint the floor at the rate of Rs. 3 per sq m, then what would be the length of the floor?
25. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
26. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
27. By selling 12 toffees for a rupee, a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should be sell to get a gain of 20%?
28. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
29. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
30. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
31. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
32. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
33. A sum of Rs. 125000 amounts to Rs. 15500 in 4 years at the rate of simple interest. What is the rate of interest?
34. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
35. Vijay bought 160 shirts at the rate of Rs. 225 per shirt. The transport expenditure was Rs. 1400. He paid an octroi at the rate of Rs. 1.75 per shirt and labour charges were Rs. 320. What should be the selling price of one shirt, if he wants a profit of 20%?
36. The speed at which a man can row a boat in still water is 15 kmph. If he rows downstream, where the speed of current is 3 kmph, what time will he take to cover 60 metres?
37. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
38. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?
39. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
40. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
41. If 12 men or 20 women can do a piece of work in 54 days, then in how many days can 9 men and 12 women together do the work?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. There are 18 stations between Hyderabad and Bangalore. How many second class tickets have to be printed, so that a passenger can travel from any station to any other station?
44. If Rs.7500 are borrowed at C.I at the rate of 4% per annum, then after 2 years the amount to be paid is?
45. Sixty men can stitch 200 shirts in 30 days working 8 hours a day. In how many days can 45 men stitch 300 shirts working 6 hours a day?
46. Sreedhar and Sravan together can do a work in 25 days. With the help of Pavan, they completed the work in 8 days and earned Rs. 225. What is the share of Sravan, if Sreedhar alone can do the work in 75 days?
47. Rs.1170 is divided so that 4 times the first share, thrice the 2nd share and twice the third share amount to the same. What is the value of the third share?
48. The current of a stream at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the
starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat in still water is?
49. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
50. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?