Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
2. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
3. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
4. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
5. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
6. The length of a rectangular plot is thrice its breadth. If the area of the rectangular plot is 867 sq m, then what is the breadth of the rectangular plot?
7. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
8. Two goods trains each 500 m long are running in opposite directions on parallel tracks. Their speeds are 45 km/hr and 30 km/hr respectively. Find the time taken by the slower train to pass the driver of the faster one?
9. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. Two trains, one from Howrah to Patna and the other from Patna to Howrah, start simultaneously. After they meet, the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively. The ratio of their speeds is?
12. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 5: 12: 13 and its perimeter is 300 m, its area is?
13. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
14. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
15. By travelling at 40 kmph, a person reaches his destination on time. He covered two-third the total distance in one-third of the total time. What speed should he maintain for the remaining distance to reach his destination on time?
16. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that resultant numbers become proportional?
17. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
18. A 270 m long train running at the speed of 120 km/hr crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 km/hr in 9 sec. What is the length of the other train?
19. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
20. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 7429 and of the last three is 12673. Find the fourth number?
21. A, B and C invests Rs.2000, Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 in a business. After one year A removed his money; B and C continued the business for one more year. If the net
profit after 2 years be Rs.3200, then A's share in the profit is?
22. A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
23. If the sides of a triangle are 26 cm, 24 cm and 10 cm, what is its area?
24. A group consists of 4 men, 6 women and 5 children. In how many ways can 2 men , 3 women and 1 child selected from the given group?
25. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
26. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
27. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.
28. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
29. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
30. The average age 9 members of a committee are the same as it was 2 years ago, because an old number has been replaced by a younger number. Find how much younger is the new member than the old number?
31. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
32. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
33. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
34. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
35. Divide Rs. 1500 among A, B and C so that A receives 1/3 as much as B and C together and B receives 2/3 as A and C together. A's share is?
36. 2/3 * 5 1/2 * 2 * 7 5/6 * 9/11 = ?
37. If y3 = 0.008, y5 = ?
38. A boy has nine trousers and 12 shirts. In how many different ways can he select a trouser and a shirt?
39. 5 men and 12 boys finish a piece of work in 4 days, 7 men and 6 boys do it in 5 days. The ratio between the efficiencies of a man and boy is?
40. The average mark of the students of a class in a particular exam is 80. If 5 students whose average mark in that exam is 40 are excluded, the average mark of the remaining will be 90. Find the number of students who wrote the exam.
41. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
42. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
43. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
44. Two men and three women working 7 hours a day finish a work in 5 days. Four men and four women working 3 hours a day complete the work in 7 days. The number of
days in which only 7 men working 4 hours a day will finish the work is?
45. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
46. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
47. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
48. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
49. A metallic sphere of radius 12 cm is melted and drawn into a wire, whose radius of cross section is 16 cm. What is the length of the wire?
50. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?