Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
2. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
3. A and B together can do a piece of work in 8 days. If A alone can do the same work in 12 days, then B alone can do the same work in?
4. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
5. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
6. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
7. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that the resultant numbers become proportional?
8. A river 2m deep and 45 m wide is flowing at the rate of 3 kmph the amount of water that runs into the sea per minute is?
9. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
10. Two trains of equal lengths are running at speeds of 30 kmph and 60 kmph. The two trains crossed each other in 30 seconds when travelling in opposite direction. In what time will they cross each other when travelling in the same direction?
11. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
12. A salesman’s terms were changed from a flat commission of 5% on all his sales to a fixed salary of Rs.1000 plus 2.5% commission on all sales exceeding Rs. 4,000. If his remuneration as per new scheme was Rs. 600 more than that by the previous schema, his sales were worth?
13. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
14. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
15. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
16. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
17. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
18. Which one of the following is the least number of four digits divisible by 71?
19. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
20. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
21. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5%?
22. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
23. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 3 is 72. What is the largest number?
24. A person purchased a TV set for Rs. 16000 and a DVD player for Rs. 6250. He sold both the items together for Rs. 31150. What percentage of profit did he make?
25. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. If A got 80 marks and B got 60 marks, then what percent of A's mark is B's mark?
28. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
29. 26.98% of 6002 + 45.01% of 4199 = ?
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. (3-3 * 95/2) / (272/3 * 3-4) = ?
33. Find the least number by which (59)(36)(17) has to be multiplied to obtain a perfect square?
34. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
35. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
36. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
37. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
38. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
39. A rope of which a calf is tied is increased from 12 m to 23 m, how much additional grassy ground shall it graze?
40. How many times the keys of a typewriter have to be pressed in order to write first 400 counting numbers?
41. Difference between two numbers is 5, six times of the smaller lacks by 6 from the four times of the greater. Find the numbers?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. The perimeter of a triangle is 28 cm and the inradius of the triangle is 2.5 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
44. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
45. (12)3 * 64 / 432 = ?
46. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
47. A and B complete a work in 6 days. A alone can do it in 10 days. If both together can do the work in how many days?
48. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
49. A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
50. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.