Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together but after 3 minutes A is turned off. After how much more time will the cistern be filled?
2. A and B complete a work in 6 days. A alone can do it in 10 days. If both together can do the work in how many days?
3. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
4. The salaries of A, B, C are in the ratio 2:3:5. If the increments of 15%, 10% and 20% are allowed respectively in their salaries, then what will be the new ratio of their salaries?
5. A can do a piece of work in 4 hours; B and C together can do it in 3 hours, which A and C together can do it in 2 hours. How long will B alone take to do it?
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
8. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
9. What amount does Kiran get if he invests Rs. 18000 at 15% p.a. simple interest for four years?
10. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
11. (242 + 144 / 3) / 36 = ?
12. The simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs.49500 at he end of three is Rs.17820. What would be the compound interest accured on the same amount at teh same rate in the same period? (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
13. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
14. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that none is blue?
15. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
16. The ratio of two numbers is 2:3 and the sum of their cubes is 945. The difference of number is?
17. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
18. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
19. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
20. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
21. A certain sum becomes four times itself at simple interest in eight years. In how many years does it become ten times itself?
22. 242 + 420 + 1611 + 647 equals
23. Two trains are running at 40 km/hr and 20 km/hr respectively in the same direction. Fast train completely passes a man sitting in the slower train in 5 sec. What is the length of the fast train?
24. Simplify the 121 * 175 + 363 * 275
25. A certain number when divided by 45 leaves a remainder 31, what is the remainder if the same number be divided by 15?
26. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
27. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
28. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
29. Find the principle on a certain sum of money at 5% per annum for 2 2/5 years if the amount being Rs.1120?
30. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
31. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
32. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
33. Amar, Bhavan and Chetan divide an amount of Rs.5600 among themselves in the ratio 3:6:5. If an amount of Rs.400 is deducted from each of their shares, what will be the new ratio of their shares of the amount?
34. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
35. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
36. By selling a house for Rs.45000, it was found that 1/8 of the outlay was gained, what ought the selling to price to have been in order to have lost 5 p.c?
37. A and B can do a piece of work in 12 days and 16 days respectively. Both work for 3 days and then A goes away. Find how long will B take to complete the remaining work?
38. Three consecutive odd integers are in increasing order such that the sum of the last two integers is 13 more than the first integer. Find the three integers?
39. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
40. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
41. If a trader sold two cars each at Rs. 325475 and gains 12% on the first and loses 12% on the second, then his profit or loss percent on the whole is?
42. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
43. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
44. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
45. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?
46. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
47. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
48. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
49. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
50. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?