Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
2. Alok ordered 16 chapatis, 5 plates of rice, 7 plates of mixed vegetable and 6 ice-cream cups. The cost of each chapati is Rs.6, that of each plate of rice is Rs.45 and that of mixed vegetable is Rs.70. The amount that Alok paid the cashier was Rs.961. Find the cost of each ice-cream cup?
3. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
4. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?
5. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
6. Pipe A can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank be filled?
7. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
8. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
9. What is the unit digit in 7105 ?
10. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
11. With a uniform speed a car covers the distance in 8 hours. Had the speed been increased by 4 km/hr, the same distance could have been covered in 7 1/2 hours. What is the distance covered?
12. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
13. A fair price shopkeeper takes 10% profit on his goods. He lost 20% goods during theft. His loss percent is:
14. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
15. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
16. Which of the following is the greatest?
17. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
18. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
19. (50 - ?/29)% of 4200 = 3√196
20. The sum of three consecutive numbers is 87. The greatest among these three number is:
21. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
24. If 25% of x is 15 less than 15% of 1500, then x is?
25. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
26. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
27. What sum of money put at C.I amounts in 2 years to Rs.8820 and in 3 years to Rs.9261?
28. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
29. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
30. If Rs. 510 be divided among A, B, C in such a way that A gets 2/3 of what B gets and B gets 1/4 of what C gets, then their shares are respectively:
31. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 37 1/2 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened. The cistern will be filled in just half an hour, if the pipe B is turned off after?
32. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
33. Find the number which multiplied by 15 is increased by 196.
34. The least number which when add 3 to it, completely divided 8, 12 and 18 is?
35. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
36. Find the average of the first 20 natural numbers?
37. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
38. The least number which when divided by 16, 18 and 21, leave the remainder 3, 5 and 8 respectively is:
39. The average mark of the students of a class in a particular exam is 80. If 5 students whose average mark in that exam is 40 are excluded, the average mark of the remaining will be 90. Find the number of students who wrote the exam.
40. The sum of five consecutive even numbers of set x is 440. Find the sum of a different set of five consecutive integers whose second least number is 121 less than double the least number of set x?
41. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
42. A garrison of 400 men had a provision for 31 days. After 28 days 280 persons re-enforcement leave the garrison. Find the number of days for which the remaining ration will be sufficient?
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
45. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
46. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
47. A and B walk around a circular track. They start at 8 a.m. from the same point in the opposite directions. A and B walk at a speed of 2 rounds per hour and 3 rounds per hour respectively. How many times shall they cross each other before 9.30 a.m. ?
48. At present, the ratio between the ages of Arun and Deepak is 4:3. After 6 years, Arun's age will be 26 years. What is the age of Deepak at present?
49. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
50. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?