Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
2. 7394 - 1236 - 4652 = ?
3. A team of eight entered for a shooting competition. The best marks man scored 85 points. If he had scored 92 points, the average scores for. The team would have been 84. How many points altogether did the team score?
4. The area of sector of a circle whose radius is 12 metro and whose angle at the center is 42° is?
5. A rectangular lawn of dimensions 80 m * 60 m has two roads each 10 m wide running in the middle of the lawn, one parallel to the length and the other parallel to the breadth. What is the cost of traveling the two roads at Rs.3 per sq m?
6. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
7. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
8. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
9. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. The radius of a semi circle is 6.3 cm then its perimeter is?
12. If y exceeds x by 25%, then x is less than y by?
13. The sum of the numbers is 264. If the first number be twice the second and third number be one-third of the first, then the second number is:
14. Two pipes P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes the first is turned off. How much longer will the cistern take to fill?
15. A, B and C are partners in a business. Their capitals are respectively, Rs.5000, Rs.6000 and Rs.4000. A gets 30% of the total profit for managing the business. The remaining profit is divided among three in the ratio of their capitals. In the end of the year, the profit of A is Rs.200 more than the sum of the profits of B and C. Find the total profit.
16. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
17. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
18. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
19. The ratio of two numbers is 2:3 and the sum of their cubes is 945. The difference of number is?
20. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
21. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
22. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
23. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
24. If 12 men or 20 women can do a piece of work in 54 days, then in how many days can 9 men and 12 women together do the work?
25. The average of first 10 odd numbers is?
26. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
27. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do it in 15 days and C can do it 20 days. They started the work together and A leaves after 2 days and B leaves after 4 days from the beginning. How long will work lost?
28. The sum of five consecutive even numbers of set x is 440. Find the sum of a different set of five consecutive integers whose second least number is 121 less than double the least number of set x?
29. The sum of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?
30. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
31. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
32. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
33. What is the difference between the local values of 3 in the number 53403?
34. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
35. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
36. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is:
37. If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
38. 12(13/18) + 16(11/27) - 10(5/9) = ?
39. The denominator of a fraction is 1 less than twice the numerator. If the numerator and denominator are both increased by 1, the fraction becomes 3/5. Find the fraction?
40. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?
41. By selling 12 toffees for a rupee, a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should be sell to get a gain of 20%?
42. In a three digit number, the hundred digit is 2 more than the tens digit and the units digit is 2 less than the tens digit. If the sum of the digits is 18, find the number?
43. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
44. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
45. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
46. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
47. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
48. What is the sum of all even numbers from 1 to 701?
49. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
50. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.