Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
2. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
3. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
4. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
5. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
6. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
7. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
8. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
9. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected, if it should have 5 seniors and 5 juniors?
10. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
11. How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
12. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
13. (3-3 * 95/2) / (272/3 * 3-4) = ?
14. Find the greatest number of four digits which when divided by 10, 15, 21 and 28 leaves 4, 9, 15 and 22 as remainders respectively?
15. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is:
16. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
17. Find the lowest 4-digit number which when divided by 3, 4 or 5 leaves a remainder of 2 in each case?
18. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
19. I. a2 + 11a + 30 = 0, II. b2 + 6b + 5 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
20. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
21. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
22. An express traveled at an average speed of 100 km/hr, stopping for 3 min after every 75 kn. How long did it take to reach its destination 600 km from the starting point?
23. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
24. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
25. The perimeter of a triangle is 28 cm and the inradius of the triangle is 2.5 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
26. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
27. A 1200 m long train crosses a tree in 120 sec, how much time will I take to pass a platform 700 m long?
28. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
29. Aman started a business investing Rs. 70,000. Rakhi joined him after six months with an amount of Rs. 1,05,000 and Sagar joined them with Rs. 1.4 lakhs after another six months. The amount of profit earned should be distributed in what ratio among Aman, Rakhi and Sagar respectively, 3 years after Aman started the business?
30. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
31. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
32. A certain sum becomes Rs. 20720 in four years and 24080 in six years at simple interest. Find sum and rate of interest?
33. A shopkeeper sells two articles at Rs.1000 each, making a profit of 20% on the first article and a loss of 20% on the second article. Find the net profit or loss that he makes?
34. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
35. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
36. The average of first 10 even numbers is?
37. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
38. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
39. The amount of water (in ml) that should be added to reduce 9 ml. Lotion, containing 50% alcohol, to a lotion containing 30% alcohol, is?
40. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
41. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
42. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
43. Which of the following is the greatest?
44. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
45. Ram professes to sell his goods at the cost price but he made use of 900 grms instead of a kg, what is the gain percent?
46. A rectangular field 30 m long and 20 m broad. How much deep it should be dug so that from the earth taken out, a platform can be formed which is 8 m long, 5.5 m broad and 1.5 m high where as the earth taken out is increase by 10/5?
47. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
48. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs. 4 less than half of the total amount, B's share is Rs. 8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the rest which is Rs. 14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
49. 52 * 40.1 = ?
50. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?