Time Left: 00:50:00
1. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
2. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
5. A man can row with a speed of 15 kmph in still water. If the stream flows at 5
kmph, then the speed in downstream is?
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
8. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
9. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
10. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
11. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.
12. Amar, Bhavan and Chetan divide an amount of Rs. 5600 among themselves in the ratio 3 : 6 : 5. If an amount of Rs. 400 is deducted from each of their shares, what will be the new ratio of their shares of the amount?
13. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
14. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
15. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
16. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
17. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
18. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
19. At what rate percent per annum will the simple interest on a sum of money be 2/5 of the amount in 10 years?
20. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
21. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
22. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
23. Rahim bought 65 books for Rs.1150 from one shop and 50 books for Rs.920 from another. What is the average price he paid per book ?
24. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
25. A shopkeeper sells two articles at Rs.1000 each, making a profit of 20% on the first article and a loss of 20% on the second article. Find the net profit or loss that he makes?
26. (5 - 7)2 * (6 - 9)2 / (23)-2 = ?
27. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak's share is:
28. Pipe A can fill a tank in 6 hours. Due to a leak at the bottom, it takes 9 hours for the pipe A to fill the tank. In what time can the leak alone empty the full tank?
29. How many numbers up to 100 and 300 are divisible by 11?
30. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
31. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
32. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
33. How many numbers up to 300 and 700 are divisible by 2, 3 and 7 both together?
34. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
35. The radius of a circle is increased by 1%. Find how much % does its area increases?
36. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
37. A thief is noticed by a policeman from a distance of 200 m. The thief starts running and the policeman chases him. The thief and the policeman run at the rate of 10 km and 11 km per hour respectively. What is the distance between them after 6 minutes?
38. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?
39. A 70 cm long wire is to be cut into two pieces so that one piece will be 2/5th of the other, how many centimeters will the shorter piece be?
40. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
41. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?
42. A, B and C enter into a partnership. They invest Rs. 40,000, Rs. 80,000 and Rs. 1,20,000 respectively. At the end of the first year, B withdraws Rs. 40,000, while at the end of the second year, C withdraws Rs. 80,000. IN what ratio will the profit be shared at the end of 3 years?
43. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
44. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
45. A and B can do a work in 4 hours and 12 hours respectively. A starts the work at 6AM and they work alternately for one hour each. When will the work be completed?
46. Two trains of length 120 m and 280 m are running towards each other on parallel lines at 42 kmph and 30 kmph respectively. In what time will they be clear of each other from the moment they meet?
47. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
48. The product of two numbers is 4107. If the H.C.F of these numbers is 37, then the greater number is:
49. A 270 m long train running at the speed of 120 km/hr crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 km/hr in 9 sec. What is the length of the other train?
50. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his