Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 37 1/2 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened. The cistern will be filled in just half an hour, if the pipe B is turned off after?
2. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
3. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
4. A is twice as fast as B. If B alone can do a piece of work in 30 days, in what time can A and B together complete the work?
5. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is:
6. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
7. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
8. Which one of the following is the sum of the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7, 9…. up to nth number?
9. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?
10. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
13. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
14. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
15. The side of a square is increased by 25% then how much % does its area increases?
16. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
17. The least number which when diminished by 7 is divisible by 21, 28, 36 and 45 is?
18. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together but after 3 minutes A is turned off. After how much more time will the cistern be filled?
19. The ratio of two numbers is 2:3 and the sum of their cubes is 945. The difference of number is?
20. A and B walk around a circular track. They start at 8 a.m. from the same point in the opposite directions. A and B walk at a speed of 2 rounds per hour and 3 rounds per hour respectively. How many times shall they cross each other before 9.30 a.m. ?
21. Arun purchased 30 kg of wheat at the rate of Rs. 11.50 per kg and 20 kg of wheat at the rate of 14.25 per kg. He mixed the two and sold the mixture. Approximately what price per kg should be sell the mixture to make 30% profit?
22. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
23. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. Calculate the gain percent after allowing a discount of 12%?
24. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?
25. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
26. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?
27. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
28. 25% of 30% of 45% is equal to?
29. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
30. (242 + 144 / 3) / 36 = ?
31. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
32. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
33. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
34. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
35. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
36. Two trains are moving at 50 kmph and 70 kmph in opposite directions. Their lengths are 150 m and 100 m respectively. The time they will take to pass each other
37. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
38. 242 + 420 + 1611 + 647 equals
39. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting 2 men and 3 women from the given committee?
40. The length of rectangle is thrice its breadth and its perimeter is 96 m, find the area of the rectangle?
41. An officer was appointed on maximum daily wages on contract money of Rs. 4956. But on being absent for some days, he was paid only Rs. 3894. For how many days was he absent?
42. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
43. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same type of work will be?
44. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
47. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days and 13 men together will 24 boys can do it in 4 days. Compare the daily work done by a man with that of a boy.
48. A building contractor employs 20 male, 15 female and 5 child workers. To a male worker he pays Rs.25 per day, to a female worker Rs.20 per day and a child worker Rs.8 per day. The average wage per day paid by the contractor is?
49. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
50. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?