Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?
2. In how many ways can a committee consisting of three men and four women be formed from a group of six men and seven women?
3. Pipe A can fill a tank in 6 hours. Due to a leak at the bottom, it takes 9 hours for the pipe A to fill the tank. In what time can the leak alone empty the full tank?
4. If the sides of a triangle are 26 cm, 24 cm and 10 cm, what is its area?
5. P is three times as fast as Q and working together, they can complete a work in 12 days. In how many days can Q alone complete the work?
6. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
7. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?
8. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
9. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
11. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
12. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
13. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
14. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
15. The simple form of the ratio 2/3:2/5 is?
16. Find the greatest number that, while dividing 47, 215 and 365, gives the same remainder in each case?
17. How much more would Rs.20000 fetch, after two years, if it is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable half yearly than if is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable yearly?
18. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
19. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years Rs.41 and the simple interest is Rs.40. What is the rate percent?
20. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5:2:4:3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
23. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
24. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
25. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
26. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
27. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
28. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
29. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. If a train, travelling at a speed of 90 kmph, crosses a pole in 5 sec, then the length of train is?
32. Ramesh can finish a work in 20 days and Sushil in 25 days. They both work together for 5 days and then Sushil goes away. In how many days will Ramesh complete the remaining work?
33. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
34. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
35. Find the highest common factor of 36 and 84.
36. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 min and 20 min respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but after 4 min, pipe A is turned off. What is the total time required to fill the tank?
37. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
38. A train leaves Delhi at 9 a.m. at a speed of 30 kmph. Another train leaves at 2 p.m. at a speed of 40 kmph on the same day and in the same direction. How far
from Delhi, will the two trains meet?
39. Find the least number by which (59)(36)(17) has to be multiplied to obtain a perfect square?
40. What is the are of an equilateral triangle of side 16 cm?
41. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
42. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal to 6 times the other. The bigger of the two numbers is:
43. At what rate percent on simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 30 years?
44. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
45. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?
46. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
47. A take twice as much time as B or thrice as much time to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in?
48. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
49. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
50. 183.21 + 2.9928 * 66.84 = ?