Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same type of work will be?
2. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
3. I. a2 + 11a + 30 = 0, II. b2 + 6b + 5 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
4. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
5. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
6. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average of the team?
9. The compound interest earned by Sunil on a certain amount at the end of two years at the rate of 8% p.a. was Rs.2828.80. Find the total amount that Sunil got back at the end of two years in the form of principal plus interest earned.
10. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
11. A and B enter into partnership with capital as 7:9. At the end of 8 months, A withdraws. If they receive the profits in the ratio of 8:9 find how long B's
capital was used?
12. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
13. If x = √8 - √7, y = √6 - √5 and z = √10 - 3, which of the following is true?
14. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
15. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
16. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
17. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?
18. A man can do a job in 15 days. His father takes 20 days and his son finishes it in 25 days. How long will they take to complete the job if they all work together?
19. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
20. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
21. The average of 11 numbers is 10.9. If the average of first six is 10.5 and that of the last six is 11.4 the sixth number is?
22. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the goods train?
23. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
24. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
25. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 5: 12: 13 and its perimeter is 300 m, its area is?
26. P, Q and R have Rs.6000 among themselves. R has two-thirds of the total amount with P and Q. Find the amount with R?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. Two trains are moving at 50 kmph and 70 kmph in opposite directions. Their lengths are 150 m and 100 m respectively. The time they will take to pass each other
29. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
30. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
31. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
32. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
33. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is?
34. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
35. If a card is drawn from a well shuffled pack of cards, the probability of drawing a spade or a king is -.
36. 5358 * 51 = ?
37. The ratio of the volumes of two cubes is 729 : 1331. What is the ratio of their total surface areas?
38. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a weight of 800 grams per kg, what is his percent?
39. What is the length of the longest pole which can be kept in a room 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
40. The average marks in mathematics scored by the pupils of a school at the public examination were 39. If four of these pupils who actually scored 5, 12, 15 and 19 marks at the examination had not been sent up, the average marks for the school would have been 44. Find the number of pupils sent up for examination from the school?
41. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
42. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
43. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
44. A take twice as much time as B or thrice as much time to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in?
45. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
46. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
47. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounted Rs.840 in 10 years at 3% per annum, find the sum?
48. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
49. Find out the C.I on Rs.5000 at 4% p.a. compound half-yearly for 1 1/2 years.
50. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.