Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% C.I. will be more than doubled is?
2. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
3. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
4. A library has an average of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 on other days. The average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday is:
5. The sum of three numbers is 98. If the ratio of the first to the second is 2:3. And that of the second to the third is 5:8, then the second number is:
6. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
7. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
8. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
9. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
10. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
11. The list price of an article is Rs.65. A customer pays Rs.56.16 for it. He was given two successive discounts, one of them being 10%. The other discount is?
12. The perimeter of one square is 48 cm and that of another is 20 cm. Find the perimeter and the diagonal of a square which is equal in area to these two
13. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
14. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
15. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
16. A cistern is filled by a tap in 3 1/2 hours. Due to leak in the bottom of the cistern, it takes half an hour longer to fill the cistern. If the cistern is full how long will it take the leak to empty it?
17. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
18. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
19. By selling an umbrella for Rs. 300, a shop keeper gains 20%. During a clearance sale, the shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price. His gain percent during the sale is:
20. A heap of stones can be made up into groups of 21. When made up into groups of 16, 20, 25 and 45 there are 3 stones left in each case. How many stones at least can there be in the heap?
21. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
22. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
23. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
24. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
25. How many seconds will a 500 m long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train is 63 km/hr?
26. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
27. In what time a sum of money double itself at 3% per annum simple interest?
28. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
29. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
30. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
31. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
32. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
33. The sum of five consecutive even numbers of set x is 440. Find the sum of a different set of five consecutive integers whose second least number is 121 less than double the least number of set x?
34. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
35. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
36. Twenty times a positive integer is less than its square by 96. What is the integer?
37. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
38. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
39. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
40. In how many ways can live boys and three girls sit in a row such that all boys sit together?
41. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
42. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
45. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
46. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
47. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
48. The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 52. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is:
49. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
50. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?