Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in?
2. What should be the least number to be added to the 51234 number to make it divisible by 9?
3. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
4. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
5. The principal that amounts to Rs. 4913 in 3 years at 6 1/4 % per annum C.I. compounded annually, is?
6. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest?
7. Find the area of trapezium whose parallel sides are 20 cm and 18 cm long, and the distance between them is 15 cm.
8. Raj invested an amount of Rs.17400 for two years. Find the rate of compound interest that will fetch him an amount of Rs.1783.50 at the end of two years?
9. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
10. A, B and C completed a piece of work, A worked for 6 days, B for 9 days and C for 4 days. Their daily wages were in the ratio of 3:4:5. Find the daily wages of C, if their total earning was Rs.1480?
11. A 70 cm long wire is to be cut into two pieces so that one piece will be 2/5th of the other, how many centimeters will the shorter piece be?
12. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
13. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
14. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
15. What is the sum of all even numbers from 1 to 701?
16. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
17. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
18. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
19. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
20. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
21. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
22. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
23. A basket has 5 apples and 4 oranges. Three fruits are picked at random. The probability that at least 2 apples are picked is -.
24. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
25. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
26. The present ages of three persons are in proportions 4:7:9. Eight years ago, the sum of their ages was 56. Find their present ages.
27. 1600 men have provisions for 28 days in the temple. If after 4 days, 400 men leave the temple, how long will the food last now?
28. Rs.2500 is divided into two parts such that if one part be put out at 5% simple interest and the other at 6%, the yearly annual income may be Rs.140. How much was lent at 5%?
29. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
30. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
31. 12(13/18) + 16(11/27) - 10(5/9) = ?
32. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is?
33. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
34. 252 can be expressed as a product of primes as:
35. In how many ways can live boys and three girls sit in a row such that all boys sit together?
36. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?
37. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
38. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
39. Sum of the digits number is 8 and their product is 12. Find the difference between the digits?
40. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
41. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
42. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
43. 80 is what percent of 64?
44. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
45. The S.I. on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the C.I. on Rs. 4000 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on S.I. is?
46. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
47. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
48. Nitin borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first three years, 9% p.a. for the next five years and 13% p.a. for the period beyond eight years. If the total interest paid by him at the end of eleven years is Rs. 8160, how much money did he borrow?
49. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
50. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?