Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
2. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is?
3. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
4. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
5. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
6. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
7. If 70% of an equal to 40% of b, then ratio between a and b is?
8. A and B can do a piece of work in 7 days. With the help of C they finish the work in 5 days. C alone can do that piece of work in?
9. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
12. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
13. A certain amount earns simple interest of Rs. 1750 after 7 years. Had the interest been 2% more, how much more interest would it have earned?
14. By selling 12 toffees for a rupee, a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should be sell to get a gain of 20%?
15. A vessel contains 20 liters of a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 3:2. 10 liters of the mixture are removed and replaced with an equal quantity of pure milk. If the process is repeated once more, find the ratio of milk and water in the final mixture obtained?
16. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
17. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
18. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
19. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
20. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?
21. A large tanker can be filled by two pipes A and B in 60 and 40 minutes respectively. How many minutes will it take to fill the tanker from empty state if B is used for half the time and A and B fill it together for the other half?
22. A train 100 meters long completely crosses a 300 meters long bridge in 45 seconds. What is the speed of the train is?
23. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
24. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
25. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
26. Vijay bought 160 shirts at the rate of Rs. 225 per shirt. The transport expenditure was Rs. 1400. He paid an octroi at the rate of Rs. 1.75 per shirt and labour charges were Rs. 320. What should be the selling price of one shirt, if he wants a profit of 20%?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. Which of the following is the greatest?
29. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
30. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
31. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
32. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
33. A sum of money becomes triple itself in 5 years at simple interest. How many
years will it become six times at the same rate?
34. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
35. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
36. Arun purchased 30 kg of wheat at the rate of Rs. 11.50 per kg and 20 kg of wheat at the rate of 14.25 per kg. He mixed the two and sold the mixture. Approximately what price per kg should be sell the mixture to make 30% profit?
37. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
38. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
39. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
40. A person was asked to subtract 25% of a number from the original but he subtracted 25 from the number. His answer was 25 more than correct one. What was the original number?
41. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
42. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
43. I. a3 - 988 = 343, II. b2 - 72 = 49 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
44. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
45. The probability of a lottery ticket being a prized ticket is 0.2. When 4 tickets are purchased, the probability of winning a prize on atleast one ticket is -.
46. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
47. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
48. A man walks at a speed of 3 km/hr and runs at a speed of 7 km/hr. How much time will the man require to cover a distance of 10 1/2 km, if he completes half of the distance, i.e., (5 1/4) km on foot and the other half by running?
49. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
50. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?