Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 105.126 * 35.201 - 90.23 * 3 + 55.11 * 27.01 = ?
2. Solve for m if 3(√3)m+4 = (√3)2m+7
3. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
4. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
5. What is the rate percent when the simple interest on Rs.800 amount to Rs.160 in 4 Years?
6. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
7. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
8. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
9. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
10. After working for 6 days, Ashok finds that only 1/3 rd of the work has been done. He employs Ravi who is 60% as efficient as Ashok. How many days more would Ravi take to complete the work?
11. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
12. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
13. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
14. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
15. A sum of money is borrowed and paid back in two annual installments of Rs. 882 each allowing 5% C.I. The sum borrowed was?
16. Two trains of equal lengths are running at speeds of 30 kmph and 60 kmph. The two trains crossed each other in 30 seconds when travelling in opposite direction. In what time will they cross each other when travelling in the same direction?
17. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
18. If Rs.450 amount to Rs.540 in 4 years, what will it amount to in 6 years at the same rate % per annum?
19. The average height of 35 boys in a class was calculated as 180cm. It has later found that the height of one of the boys in the class was wrongly written as 166 cm whereas his actual height was 106 cm. Find the actual average height of the boys in the class (Round off your answer to two decimal places).
20. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
21. The number of ways in which six boys and six girls can be seated in a row for a photograph so that no two girls sit together is -.
22. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
23. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
24. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
25. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
26. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
27. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
28. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
29. Simplify the following:
30. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
31. How many numbers up to 200 are divisible by 2 and 3 both?
32. (743.30)2 = ?
33. How much is 80% of 40 is greater than 4/5 of 25?
34. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
35. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
36. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
37. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
38. In how many ways can live boys and three girls sit in a row such that all boys sit together?
39. (182 - 92 * 3) / (675 * ?) = 4
40. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
41. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
42. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so
as to gain 20% on his outlay?
43. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
44. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
45. Arun purchased 30 kg of wheat at the rate of Rs. 11.50 per kg and 20 kg of wheat at the rate of 14.25 per kg. He mixed the two and sold the mixture. Approximately what price per kg should be sell the mixture to make 30% profit?
46. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
47. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
48. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
49. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
50. I. x2 + 9x + 20 = 0, II. y2 + 5y + 6 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?