Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A can run a kilometer race in 4 1/2 min while B can run same race in 5 min. How many meters start can A give B in a kilometer race, so that the race mat end in a dead heat?
2. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
3. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
4. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
5. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
6. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
7. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
8. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
9. The ratio of the area of a square to that of the square drawn on its diagonal is?
10. Express a speed of 36 kmph in meters per second?
11. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
12. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5 : x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
13. What percent of 125 is 16?
14. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
15. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
16. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
17. The diagonals of a rhombus are 15 cm and 20 cm. Find its area?
18. An officer was appointed on maximum daily wages on contract money of Rs. 4956. But on being absent for some days, he was paid only Rs. 3894. For how many days was he absent?
19. Ajay spends 45% of his monthly income on household items, 25% of his monthly income on buying cloths, 7.5% of his monthly income on medicines and saves the remaining amount which is Rs. 9000. Find his monthly income.
20. A leak in the bottom of a tank can empty the full tank in 6 hours. An inlet pipe fills water at the rate of 4 liters per minute. When the tank is full in inlet is opened and due to the leak the tank is empties in 8 hours. The capacity of the tank is?
21. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
22. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
23. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
24. If Rs.7500 are borrowed at C.I at the rate of 4% per annum, then after 2 years the amount to be paid is?
25. In what time a sum of money double itself at 3% per annum simple interest?
26. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
27. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
28. Aman started a business investing Rs. 70,000. Rakhi joined him after six months with an amount of Rs. 1,05,000 and Sagar joined them with Rs. 1.4 lakhs after another six months. The amount of profit earned should be distributed in what ratio among Aman, Rakhi and Sagar respectively, 3 years after Aman started the business?
29. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
30. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
31. (830 + ? * 3 * 14 / 100) - (830 * 14 * 3 / 100) = 20.16
32. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
33. I. a3 - 988 = 343, II. b2 - 72 = 49 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
35. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
36. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
37. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
38. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
39. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5 : 8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11 : 14. Find the difference in their present ages?
40. The duplicate ratio of 3:4 is?
41. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
44. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
45. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
46. The average salary of a person for the months of January, February, March and April is Rs.8000 and that for the months February, March, April and May is Rs.8500. If his salary for the month of May is Rs.6500, find his salary for the month of January?
47. 7589 - ? = 3434
48. Which of the following is the greatest?
49. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
50. Ratio between two numbers is 3: 4 and their sum is 420. Find the smaller number?