Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A boy has nine trousers and 12 shirts. In how many different ways can he select a trouser and a shirt?
2. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
3. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 min and 20 min respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but after 4 min, pipe A is turned off. What is the total time required to fill the tank?
4. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
5. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
6. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
7. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
8. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
9. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
10. A man walks at a speed of 3 km/hr and runs at a speed of 7 km/hr. How much time will the man require to cover a distance of 10 1/2 km, if he completes half of the distance, i.e., (5 1/4) km on foot and the other half by running?
11. If A got 80 marks and B got 60 marks, then what percent of A's mark is B's mark?
12. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
13. The edges of cuboid are 4 cm; 5 cm and 6 cm. Find its surface area?
14. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
15. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
16. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
17. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. The simple interest on Rs.12000 at a certain rate of interest in five years is Rs.7200. Find the compound interest on the same amount for five years at the same rate of interest.
20. A man buys an article and sells it at a profit of 20%. If he had bought it at 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost
21. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
22. 6 of 5/8 / 5/8 - 1/8 = ?
23. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
24. The length of the rectangular field is double its width. Inside the field there is square shaped pond 8m long. If the area of the pond is 1/8 of the area of the field. What is the length of the field?
25. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
26. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
27. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average of the team?
28. Express 25 mps in kmph?
29. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
30. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
31. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
32. Identify the greatest numbers: 450, 2100, 1625
33. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
34. Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time which they take to cross each other is?
35. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
36. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.
37. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
38. Two men and three women working 7 hours a day finish a work in 5 days. Four men and four women working 3 hours a day complete the work in 7 days. The number of
days in which only 7 men working 4 hours a day will finish the work is?
39. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
40. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
41. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
42. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
43. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
44. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
45. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
46. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
47. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
48. Find out the C.I on Rs.5000 at 4% p.a. compound half-yearly for 1 1/2 years.
49. (332% of 2113) / 42 = ?
50. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?