Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
2. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
3. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
4. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
5. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
6. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
7. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
8. In one year, the population, of a village increased by 10% and in the next year, it decreased by 10%. If at the end of 2nd year, the population was 7920, what was it in the beginning?
9. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
10. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
11. Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 12 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in?
12. Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay "if you give me 'x' marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles". Vijay then told Ajay "if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would". Find 'x'?
13. When 732 is subtracted form the square of a number, the answer that is obtained is 5280. What is the number?
14. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
15. A team of eight entered for a shooting competition. The best marks man scored 85 points. If he had scored 92 points, the average scores for. The team would have been 84. How many points altogether did the team score?
16. Find the H.C.F of 204, 1190 and 1445?
17. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
18. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
19. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
20. Product of two co-prime numbers is 117. Their L.C.M should be:
21. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. A third pipe C can drain off 45 liters of water per minute. If all the pipes are opened, the tank can be filled in 15 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank?
22. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
23. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
24. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. In how much time will the trains cross each other?
25. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
26. Ramesh can finish a work in 20 days and Sushil in 25 days. They both work together for 5 days and then Sushil goes away. In how many days will Ramesh complete the remaining work?
27. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
28. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
29. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. Calculate the gain percent after allowing a discount of 12%?
30. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
31. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
32. A cycle is bought for Rs.900 and sold for Rs.1080, find the gain percent?
33. Which of the following is the greatest?
34. A leak in the bottom of a tank can empty the full tank in 6 hours. An inlet pipe fills water at the rate of 4 liters per minute. When the tank is full in inlet is opened and due to the leak the tank is empties in 8 hours. The capacity of the tank is?
35. A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and there by decreases his average by 0.4. The number age of the family now is:
36. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
37. A is twice as good a work man as B and together they finish the work in 14 days. In how many days A alone can finish the work?
38. The average height of 35 boys in a class was calculated as 180cm. It has later found that the height of one of the boys in the class was wrongly written as 166 cm whereas his actual height was 106 cm. Find the actual average height of the boys in the class (Round off your answer to two decimal places).
39. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
40. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
41. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
42. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
43. In a pair of fractions, fraction A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25. What is the value of fraction A?
44. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
45. By selling 150 mangoes, a fruit-seller gains the selling price of 30 mangoes. Find the gain percent?
46. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
47. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
48. A man buys an article for 10% less than its value and sells it for 10% more than its value. His gain or loss percent is:
49. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 min and 75 min respectively. There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it. If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 min. In how much time, the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
50. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?