Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
2. (24 * 5 * 7 * 9) / ? = 216
3. 45 men working 8 hours per day dig 30 m deep. How many extra men should be put to dig to a depth of 50 m working 6 hours per day?
4. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
5. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
6. (5 - 7)2 * (6 - 9)2 / (23)-2 = ?
7. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
8. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
9. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
10. A can do half the work in one day where as B can do it full. B can also do half the work of C in one day. Ratio in their efficiency will be?
11. Rs.1200 divided among P, Q and R. P gets half of the total amount received by Q and R. Q gets one-third of the total amount received by P and R. Find the amount received by R?
12. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
13. A tank is filled in 5 hours by three pipes A, B and C. The pipe C is twice as fast as B and B is twice as fast as A. How much time will pipe A alone take to fill the tank?
14. A water tank is two-fifth full. Pipe A can fill a tank in 10 minutes and pipe B can empty it in 6 minutes. If both the pipes are open, how long will it take to empty or fill the tank completely?
15. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
16. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
17. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
18. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
19. A bag contains a certain number of 50 paise coins, 20 paise coins and 10 paise coins inthe ratio 2:3:4. If the total value of all the coins in the bag is Rs.400, find the number of coins of each kind?
20. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
21. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
22. A rectangular lawn of dimensions 80 m * 60 m has two roads each 10 m wide running in the middle of the lawn, one parallel to the length and the other parallel to the breadth. What is the cost of traveling the two roads at Rs.3 per sq m?
23. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
24. A jogger running at 9 km/hr along side a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
25. The average age of three boys is 15 years and their ages are in proportion 3:5:7. What is the age in years of the youngest boy?
26. I. x2 + 11x + 30 = 0, II. y2 + 15y + 56 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
27. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
28. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that exactly three bulbs are good.
29. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
30. A reduction of 40% in the price of bananas would enable a man to obtain 64 more for Rs.40, what is reduced price per dozen?
31. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
32. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
33. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
34. If A:B:C = 2:3:4, then A/B : B/C : C/A is equal to:
35. In one year, the population, of a village increased by 10% and in the next year, it decreased by 10%. If at the end of 2nd year, the population was 7920, what was it in the beginning?
36. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
37. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
38. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
39. P, Q and R have Rs.6000 among themselves. R has two-thirds of the total amount with P and Q. Find the amount with R?
40. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
41. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
42. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
43. Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs. 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit?
44. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
45. What should be the least number to be added to the 51234 number to make it divisible by 9?
46. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
47. The radius of a circle is increased by 1%. Find how much % does its area increases?
48. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
49. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
50. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?